[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should i respond when she wants to bring her friend along?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

How should i respond when she wants to bring her friend along?

Me and the girl i've been talking to have planned to go kayaking for awhile, and we finally are able to next week. She just texted me saying:

>do you know anyone who'd want to come too? Asking because roommate said she'd want to come.. If that's cool

Now i'm pissed. I don't want her roommate to come, i thought it was just going to be us. Her roommate just ruins the whole thing. I've already hung out with her plenty, and i hate when it's the 3 of us. Usually we hang with her for a bit until she goes out and it's always such a huge relief when she leaves. Her roommate doesn't even like doing outdoor shit at all, so i'm just annoyed as fuck.

I just said "oh, i'm not sure". Now what? Should i just put my cards on the table and say how i thought it was just gonna be us, and if we're just going to be a friends thing, i need to know?

Or should i play it cool? Really do NOT want to waste time with her friend.
>>
File: 1470242810939 (1).jpg (115KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1470242810939 (1).jpg
115KB, 600x1067px
>>18356601
just say "no" you fucking bitch
girls like men with spines
so grow one
>>
If she's asking if someone else wants to come, she doesn't think it's a date and isn't interested in dating you. You say you don't want to waste time, but you're wasting time with this girl regardless of whether her roommate comes or not.
>>
>>18356638

Right, but what do i say? Should i just end it now?
>>
>>18356645
Lay your cards on the table first.
>>
>>18356645
Tell her you intended it to be a date. Whatever else you say depends on whether you're okay with being just friends or not.
>>
>>18356651
>>18356659

More or less just did this. Been 10 minutes so i'm probably about to get a 5 page text confirming my friend zoning. Oh well, what the fuck ever, i'm out.
>>
>>18356697
Why are you so bitter about this? She wasn't obliged to date you, and whether or not her friend is there isn't going to change her feelings towards you.

Oh, and it's possible that her friend has a thing for you too.
>>
File: 1387669593962.gif (482KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1387669593962.gif
482KB, 400x300px
>>18356601

Putting up with people you don't like is kind of the hallmark of relationships. Sometimes, sacrifices are required.

The fact is if you put your foot down and make a fuss about this you're going to force this girl to tell her roommate she can't come, which in turn might really affect her living situation.

You're probably better off just making the best of this outing and then, next time, make it clear you want to spend time with just her instead of being ambiguous about it and then getting mad when people don't grant your uncommunicated wishes.

Its kind of up to you, but I think the point is if you aren't capable of suffering through kayaking in nature with another person you don't like for an afternoon then the rest of this relationship probably isn't going to turn out well.

Also, I don't understand how other people being present when you're spending time with someone you're interested in means its a "friends" thing. Is it not possible to get to know this girl better with one other person there? I think maybe you're also putting too much emphasis on this "IT ONLY COUNTS IF WE'RE ALONE" mentality.
>>
>>18356743
>Also, I don't understand how other people being present when you're spending time with someone you're interested in means its a "friends" thing. Is it not possible to get to know this girl better with one other person there? I think maybe you're also putting too much emphasis on this "IT ONLY COUNTS IF WE'RE ALONE" mentality.
It's more that OP asked her to do something, just the two of them, and now she's asking if a third person can come along. I know that if I was interested in a guy I wouldn't even be asking him if that was okay, I'd just tell my friend that it's probably a date and that I want to spend one-on-one time with him.

The fact that the three of them hang out together isn't a problem. It's the fact that she's asking if her roommate can come along to something OP intended the two of them to do together.
>>
>>18356759

>>18356759

>It's more that OP asked her to do something, just the two of them

That isn't what OP said. From what he stated, he planned the outing then got pissed because he "thought" it was just going to be the two of them without explicitly saying so.

What he "intended" to do is meaningless because he didn't specifically request the date be one on one.
>>
Ask f it's going to be a threesome
>>
>>18356705

No, she has been hot and cold for awhile and couldn't make up her mind.

But it's finished now lads, only wants to be friends. And she got shitty with me when i said i don't think i want to. She said it's 'dumb' that i wouldn't want to be friends and that shows i don't genuinely like her.. WTF? So basically she expects me to be 100% cool with tagging along on her shopping trips while she acts indifferent to me being there, that i should still invest lots of time with her when it will NOT go anywhere?

She also said she doesn't have any more mental strength to deal with my complications, despite my intentions being clear from the get-go and hers being murky. Kissing me, holding hands, sending me heart texts one day, acting distant another, etc. And i'm the one complicating things according to her.

Fuck women.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.