[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else really okay with dying? I'm not depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: DbKkmWbKj7-8.png (19KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
DbKkmWbKj7-8.png
19KB, 300x250px
Is anyone else really okay with dying? I'm not depressed or anything, I love my family and friends and everything but it is something that is always on my mind. I see pointless bombings in the news and I had a friend kill himself not to long ago, and it just scares me to die like that, for no reason other than shock value. I joined the army and i leave for basic soon obviously to serve but maybe also to get a death that maybe the people i know could be proud of. Anyone else in this mindset, or do you think I'll grow out of it (i just turned 19). I don't wanna die as a shitposting alcoholic.
>>
I just hope someone finds my body and I don't rot away unnoticed. I want to be buried for what ever superstitious reason.
>>
i was thinking about this yesterday that if i died it wouldnt really matter and it might be a huge relief, still dont want to die though
>>
>Is anyone else really okay with dying?
>and it just scares me to die like that
>I don't wanna die as a shitposting alcoholic.

sounds like youre not ok with dying m8
>>
Don't mind it I live with 5 leaches don't care if die would be an improvement
>>
>>18356578
Maybe a little
>>
Death, I cannot possibly understand, but dying sounds horrible. You aren't allowed to euthanize yourself so if you don't have a gun like most people who are non or disabled burgers, you die in pain around a bunch of asshole gay nurses
>>
>>18356549
I'm not okay with dying, but I've made peace with it. All I can hope for is a life full of great times and meaningful full experiences.
>>
OP I'm terrified with death. I wish I never existed just so I don't have to die. I'm terrified of nothing happening after I die, and I'm also terrified of an afterlife, whatever it is like. The Christian afterlife is very scary, Hell is very scary and nothingness is also very scary but I guess the best of the 3. Not counting the possibility of having another life as a different physical being like an animal or another person after you die, that can be cool but I don't have reasons to believe in that right now, it doesn't make too much sense to me. I wish it did so I'd be more relaxed about death.
I hate how people accept death like they are so above it. It's just because they are middle class or whatever fucks so they don't give a shit about life or people. Or I think they are truly brain dead and numb. But it's most likely me who's the idiot for not accepting death, for not accepting the rules of life even if I never chose to be alive, meaning literally everything that happens is unfair.
I'm also scared of aging, freaking out more every year that passes by.
>>
>>18356549
>scared about death
It is like falling asleep or blacking out.

>scared about being dead
And how do you cope with the fact you havent existed before birth?

There is literally no reason to worry about it.

>alcoholic
This will kill you faster. Stop drinking you dumb teenager. Your brain grows until ~23, stop damaging it and go to school or something!
>>
>>18357927
>There is literally no reason to worry about it.
But so many people believe in an afterlife that it makes some of us start to wonder if they may be right. Especially or at least if you've been raised to believe in it as a kid, it's hard to shake those thoughts away. An afterlife sounds very scary to me.
Either way, I'm WAY more afraid of getting alzheimer's or having some accident that leaves me braindead than actually dying.
>>
>>18357936
>believe in afterlife
>scary
What is scary about it? I am honest person, trying to stay positive and be nice to people around me. If after life is true, i will gladly burn in hell for ethernity because i have found believing in potato king as too dumb idea.

>alzheimer or braindead
Both of these are cool because you wont be able to realize the situation you are in. The part of your brain responsible for the thinking will be simply damaged so you wont think about it really.

Stop thinking about things like these and do something productive or fun. The nice part of our lives is that we never know when it ends so we can enjoy it without looking at clock to see how much time is left.

Go eat icecream. Cheers!
>>
>>18357954
Thanks, that's good advice actually
>>
>>18357873
I doubt there are many people who truly accept death. Most people only managed to somewhat get it off their minds and kept it locked away so it doesn't bother them. In reality the knowledge of dying one day, terrifies everyone.
>>
I'm alright with Death and I will accept it whenever it comes. I would like to live at least for 5 more decades but if death comes and snatches my life out tomorrow I will be fine I mean I'm not scared of it. It's something inevitable that comes to everybody.
>>
>>18356549
I used to be ok with dying while not depressed.

Then i really got my life together and id like to say Im a success.

Now im a hypochondriac and scared of a cough. Its a very strange 180 but i have so much to lose and so much to look forward to.

>news

Turn that shit off. Honestly, idgaf if youre left or right or center.

We live in the best, safest, most amazing time. You arent scared of your car and that has a way higher, i mean astronomically higher chance of killing you over a terrorist or militia or suicide bomber.

Its all meant to scare the fuck out of you so you vote accordingly and do shit like join the army. If you dont buy that then also think ad revenue and ratings.

The ones with the most shocking stories and most facepalmingly stupid examples of *opposite voter base to yours* gets all the clicks and views and tune ins.

Even when its not bullshit, its trying to narrow your world view and reality to get your business and retain your vote.

Anything that shocks you or enrages you probably isnt as bad as you think or isnt as relevant to your life as you think it is.

Just ignore all that shit and live your damn life. Let the world leaders and the fanatics and the retards fight it out.
>>
>>18356549

People have phases of being worried about death, duh

But look at it this way: if you believe in an afterlife and you're a decent human, nothing to worry about

If you don't believe in an afterlife and you die, then it can be looked at the same way as your state before you were born; nothingness.

My biggest fear is that I don't get in some horrible, drawn out, painful death.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.