[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously /adv/, how do I meet people? I'm 28 and the closest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 52855678[1].jpg (8KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
52855678[1].jpg
8KB, 274x184px
Seriously /adv/, how do I meet people?

I'm 28 and the closest thing I've got to "friends" is this small circle from work that very occasionally meetups. Lotta "banter" goes on in this group and about half the time it's aimed at me, I put up with it cos I don't really have any alternatives. Today though, one of them told me to kill myself cos "banter", and while nobody egged him on, nobody really defended me. I asked him what the fuck, and he just laughed it off.

I really wanna find other human beings I can relate to with similar interests and age but I've kinda realized that I've missed the boat on geek circles for my age group and that my interest in it has waned a lot. I mean, I went to watch 4 anime movies in cinema because I finally had the opportunity but was bored to tears at all of them except for Akira.

/adv/ give me some decent advice.
>>
https://www.meetup.com/

search for your hobby.
>>
>>18356165
I don't really have any, and the search hits are really low in my area.
>>
>>18356216
If there's a "dining out" group, join it. I made my law school "debut" as a popular guy thanks to going to dining out meetups as much as possible the summer before I started. I'd never gone out on the weekend before then.
>>
>>18356131
>Lotta "banter" goes on in this group and about half the time it's aimed at me
Because you are a bitch ass nigga. It only happens to the person with the weakest banter skills.
> human beings I can relate to with similar interests
Try being an interesting person with interest others give a shit about.

Do you like to cycle. Join a cycling club near you. Do you like to go camping. Join up with other campers near you. Do you like to play basketball. Go to a court with a ball and ask to join in. Do you like to travel. Join a travel club and hang out with them. Do you like anime. Go to an anime con and meet people there. Do you like video games. Go to your local video games tournament and hang out there.
Shits not that hard. Honestly. Once you start going outside your house youll see a lot more opportunities. Some scrubs set up a smash tournament at a coffee shop I hang out at for playing DnD (I dont even like this game but the people are cool). Rektd the scrubs and have 10 more friends in 1 day. They literally beg me to join in and play with them.
>>
>>18356224
>I made my law school "debut" as a popular guy thanks to going to dining out meetups as much as possible the summer before I started.

"Dining out" club? Curious. I mean, like what do you guys do at that? Just go and eat?
>>
>>18356233
If everything was that easy I'd probably be in a better place. I used live on a London estate that was a black hole for culture, let alone geek culture. I know it sounds like an excuse but trust me it was bad.

>Once you start going outside your house youll see a lot more opportunities

Well, since I live in a new area I might as well take a walk and see what there is.

>Because you are a bitch ass nigga
Probably, but is too much to ask to not to be constantly insulted?
>>
>>18356131
Join a club. Join a gym. Do volunteer work. Take a "useless" class (cooking, art appreciation, great novels, etc) at a community college
>>
>>18356304
>community college

The hell is that?
>>
>>18356313
they're like universities but way cheaper and have more basic classes. they're a USA thing.
>>
>>18356131
You don't.
>>
>>18356343
What then? I'm being totally serious cos I don't really see myself reaching 35 being this miserable.
>>
>>18356294
>If everything was that easy
it is. you are making way harder than it actually is. Theres no excuse. Someone in your hell hole are people watching anime right now.
>Well, since I live in a new area I might as well take a walk and see what there is.
Why do you start by picking a fucking hobby and go from there. Stop making it this hard
>Probably, but is too much to ask to not to be constantly insulted?
Its the role of the person who is the weakest in the group. If you keep acting like a bitch ass nigga youre gonna be treated like a bitch ass nigga. learn to banter and have fun. Assert some dominance and aggression and they should let off.
>>
>>18356233
>Go to an anime con and meet people there.

Wouldn't take this advice, cons are a different place these days, you take groups there. Plus OP is 28, no one has time for socially retard 25+ autists.
>>
>smacks you across the face

ITS JUST BANTA!!!!!
>>
what is this with grown men crying about not having friends
i lost all my friends by the time I was 23
who cares
stop bitching
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.