[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, faggots. I'm probably going to regret this, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: lol.jpg (63KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
63KB, 640x443px
Alright, faggots. I'm probably going to regret this, but I was wondering if there are any other anons who've had a similar life experience and are willing to share their stories.

I won't bore you with all the mundane details, but basically I feel as if I've been depressed my entire life. I've always had trouble forming goals, relating to people, and just generally being functional. I have no longstanding friends, hobbies, or interests of any kind. The closest thing I've ever had to consistency about anything is a vague contempt for humanity and occasional existentialist musings.

I've heard it suggested that there's no such thing as a "point of no return," as it were, and that you can always rebuild your life. But that's the problem -- REbuild. As in, something that already existed. But I don't have any reference point. There's no one point in my life that I can point to and say, "this is where it all went wrong." It feels like my whole life is a mistake, and not in the sense that I'm some fuckup loser or whatever, but that I just kind of...exist, with no apparent values or desires or anything.

Have any of you felt this way? Did you manage to find an "answer"?
>>
>>18354110
My friend, me and you are alike. I feel like this everyday. I just deal with it by thinking that my lucky day will come along and it probably will. Just take a look at Hitler. He was in the same boat we're in and he became the most powerful dictator ever. So don't give in. Our day will come and we will crush everyone in our path.
>>
Hey Faggot,

I feel basically the same way. For some background, I'm smarter than the average cuck and apparently have a ton of potential, but god damn if I can't push myself to do ANYTHING. I'm like you; I don't have anything built up, so I don't even know what it's like to have something to work up to. How am I supposed to set goals if I have none? Yeah it'd be great to have a nice, well-paying job but how how the fuck does that happen? And how am I supposed to care about it if... well, if I don't care?

What the fuck am I doing. I wish I had someone to just do the inane bullshit that I can't make myself do, but I guess that's what makes me less successful than people who actually have drive.

God I wish I knew what motivation was.
>>
>>18354273
Another anon here, and I kinda feel the same way. It's hard to get your act together when you don't know what having your act together even means.
>>
>>18354385
It sounds shitty and stupid, but I feel like I need someone in my life to fucking MAKE me do the things I need to. Almost like...

There is no fucking way I'd ever move back in with my parents.
>>
I had goals at some point, but then I achieved them. Now here I am, about to turn 28, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with the rest of my life besides working to maintain the status quo of my existence. I never wanted kids, and I've done the long-term relationship/cohabitation thing, so what exactly am I supposed to be living for or working towards? I feel like I reached the endgame content in an MMO and my only options are to either grind raids for a chance at rare loot, or quit. At least I can binge TV shows to distract myself from the monotony, booze and weed aren't as fun as they used to be.
>>
>>18354480
Coming from a slightly different angle, I've actually entertained the idea of joining the military, or becoming religious; basically anything that gives people some external purpose. In some ways it actually seems fairly appealing to me, but the problem is that any large, successful organization only gets that way by being a little less pure and less organized than it makes itself out to be. It smooths over the little differences that would normally result in infighting, but it also presents the opportunity for exploitation, corruption, and general weakness. And being the prissy little fuck I am, I can't let that go.
>>
>>18354506
It sounds wrong but I'd say go on some venture adventure. You've surpassed what's expected of you, now it's time to wast your talent on something no one else cares about except you.

>>18354517
I know where you're coming from. I need the structure, but I don't like what structures are offered. They're too self focused and not geared towards empowering their constituents. Is the Unitarian Church a better option? Or the Church of Satan? WHO KNOWS, NOT ME, OTHERWISE I WOULDN'T FUCKING BE HERE
>>
>>18354110
ahahhahahahahahahahhhhahahahahahahahahhhahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahaahahha
>>
>>18354110
What more do you have to gain from perpetually lamenting rebuilding your life vs actually rebuilding it? No offense but this is a stupid question. Quit comparing yourself to others. As long as you're doing your best you are exactly where you need to be, and anybody that tells you different isn't a friend, or has serious self-esteem issues themselves. If you're on social media the best thing to do is delete your accounts. Social media causes people to ignore each other in person because they are only concerned with the interaction on the website. This causes us to miss the people in our lives that are actually valuable to us and create a lasting, positive impact.

In short, don't sweat it, just get in there and get your hands dirty already. If you have to dive in anyway there's no point in testing the water.
>>
>>18354834
It honestly sounds like you didn't even read the opening post and are just dispensing generic, one-size-fits-all advice.
>>
>>18354517
How about becoming a monk/nun? I've been playing with the idea for some time.
>Live a simple but disciplined life, day to day.
>Have a sense of community.
>Feel like you're making a difference if your monestary does charity like soup kitchen or helping elderly.

I've been interested since I was a kid, but I'm already caught up in the career grind. I may consider this once my contract ends, but honestly it's a big step and there will probably be religious christian faggotting involved.
>>
>>18355046
I read the opening post and I was answering the closing questions by sharing the solution that worked for me. I've been emotionally abused and forgotten and left in a corner to die my whole life, but I've learned to accept my damage. It's not one-sieze-fits-all, it's "this size fit me". OP seems to be a similar size, that's why I suggested this garb.
>>
>>18355549
Where in the opening post is social media or self-comparison mentioned? It's good that you were able to solve your problems, but it sounds like you saw some superficial similarities and then just projected your own issues onto it.
>>
>>18354506
>I feel like I reached the endgame content in an MMO and my only options are to either grind raids for a chance at rare loot, or quit
That is a surprisingly good comparison.
>>
>>18354110
>I've heard it suggested that there's no such thing as a "point of no return,"

There is, it's around 25+.

I feel like most people don't really understand the position you're in, mostly cos I think most people don't know what is to be socially isolated. I mean, like they really don't, to the point where it's an alien concept to them.

I have a few "friends" (one told me to kill myself because "BANTER"), and one of them fancies themselves as an introverted loner. The dude is the life of the party, I can be walking and talking with him and random HOT chicks will throw themselves at him, dudes will be like "that's a cool [insert something cool]".

You NEED good friends (or at the least a well paying job).
>>
>>18355342
That was actually one of the options I had considered. It...just doesn't seem to appeal to me -- for a variety of reasons, though none of them seem to quite "feel" right. Almost like they're rationalizations rather than real reasons, but at the same time I KNOW there is a reason, just not what it is. Ugh, sounds stupid, I know.

I think the main thing is that I have little interest in being "friends" with anyone. Or rather, I think friendship is a thing that should evolve naturally, rather than being something that one actively seeks. I confess that the idea of an organization full of people who detest each other, yet share mutual respect over ideas and skills holds a certain "romanticism" for me. Unfortunately I don't know of any such organization, and if I did would likely be excluded from membership as I am now.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.