[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a creative employment agency I signed up with sent me a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Y7CjFYY.jpg (243KB, 800x1420px) Image search: [Google]
Y7CjFYY.jpg
243KB, 800x1420px
So a creative employment agency I signed up with sent me a job opportunity for storyboarding at an advertisement agency.
The job was sent to me around 5pm today to start tomorrow at 10am.

I email back saying I'm interested, and an employee from the employment agency calls me right away. She said she'll forward my portfolio to the ad agency and would let me know later in the day if I'm booked or not.

Now if this job says I need to be there to start at 10am tomorrow, I need to leave no later than 8am to get there. This company is in midtown Manhattan and I'm from southern Staten Island. Driving into the city is insane so the quickest option for me to get there is by express bus.
By bus it will take 1 hour and 30 minutes. I've explained this to the employment agency and they said they understand.

6:30pm the agent emails me and says the advertisement company is most likely going to book me but they are still waiting on final approval which they know they will need by tonight.

It is now fucking 10:30pm at night.

What do I do? Do I go tomorrow even if there's no "final approval?"

I can't call up tomorrow morning before I leave because the employment agency opens at 8am. If I need to be there tomorrow at 10am I have to get on that bus by 8am.

Should I email again and ask if a final approval has been made so I can go to bed to wake up early enough to go to this job?
>>
>>18350925
I am unfamiliar with how express buses work in your area, but will the bus make any stops or change-overs before reaching your destination in Manhattan? My thinking is that, if you have the option to get off the bus or change course at some point before the 1 hr 30 min ride is over, you may consider getting on the bus at 8AM and soon after call the employment agency to followup on your assignment status.

>If you've got the assignment, great! Keep on going.
>If you didn't get the assignment, make plans to avoid having to ride the entire distance.

If the gig is really sweet, this is the way I would do it.

That said, I used to work as a secretary for an employment agency placing people at manufacturing and warehouse positions. My old agency would often fly by the seat of their pants placing people last minute like this, so it's not an uncommon practice in manufacturing in some areas. I can't speak for creative employment agencies, however.
>>
>>18350925
They can answer you at 10:30pm but not before 8am?

Tell them you want it but without at least 12 hours notice you can't inconvenience yourself that much. It's true and not dickheaded.

Alternately figure out something else to do in town and go anyway. But I wouldn't bend over backwards like that if I were you. It's unreasonable to ask you to wait until the morning of to find out if you have to come in.
>>
>>18351004
Unfortunately no stop-overs. If the bus is going into Manhattan, it's only picking people up in Staten Island. Then it only does drop off in Staten Island.
While I'm not supposed to, I could jump off the bus and try to take a local bus back, but it'd have to be before we get to the bridge.

>>18351029
I'm not sure when they're supposed to get back to me. I just feel it's rude to string someone along like this. At least if it's getting late, tell me they'll let me know by maybe 6am tomorrow.

It's also supposed to pour tomorrow so I really don't want to gather my supplies and head into the city if I end up being turned away.

I wasn't given a final approval, nor was a given a name to meet with, so I wouldn't even know what to do. I wasn't even given an answer back about what supplies to bring.

She said she would give me an answer tonight so this is frustrating.

I feel like just writing back "Hi (agent name), I will be heading to bed now. Since a final approval has not been made, I am assuming the job has not been booked. Thank you and have a goodnight"
>>
>>18351119
I feel as though you are justified in expecting greater advance notice and correspondence from the employment agency. Without a final confirmation, it is reasonable to assume the assignment has not been booked. However, the way that you follow up with the agency will definitely affect how willing they are to work with placing you in the future. If you want to work with them or a related branch (if they are a franchise) in the future, I would not send a message with a tone that assumes you are in control, as satisfying as it might feel. The only certain way to continue working with them in the future is to plan and act for the best possible outcome, despite the doubts that it will be the out that comes to you.
>>
>>18351154
If you find you cannot sleep, you may like to look up reviews of your creative employment agency online to see how reliable they are to work with? Otherwise, I would plan for the most hopeful outcome.
>>
>>18351154
Alrighty then. Well turns out the employment agency opens at 8:30am not 8am. If they call me after 8:30am asking me to come in, I'll just tell them that's it's not physically possible for me to get there by 10am due to how long it will take me to get there.

I wasn't even told exactly what supplies to bring, would they expect me to alreasy be on the way to something that wasn't officially approved? Im gonna be pissed if I come in with 11 x 17 inch paper and I'm told I only needed smaller paper.
>>
>>18351222
Whatever you say to them, don't say it in anger. They keep records of that stuff, or at least the temp agency I used to work for did, and branches across the country could view an applicant's track record.
>>
>>18351250
I'm just going to write the agent an email saying
>"I still do not know if a final approval has been made, but if I am to come in today at 10am, I need to catch the express bus by 8am. Once I get on that bus, I cannot get off until in goes into Manhattan. Please let me know before 8am today if I'm to come in or not."

Does that come off as angry or rude?
>>
>>18351862
Ok so I sent the email and 5 minutes later I get an automatic reply saying

>"I'm out of the office on Friday, 5/26 until Tuesday, 5/30. If your request is urgent, (name of agency) is open on Friday, 5/26 until 2pm, and we will reopen on Tuesday, 5/30. Have a great long weekend and talk to you soon!"

What the fuck
>>
>>18351250
>it's okay for them to be rude to you and waste your time but don't be rude back
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.