[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I meant what the hell is wrong with my sister? She's 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8317.jpg (62KB, 640x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8317.jpg
62KB, 640x592px
I meant what the hell is wrong with my sister?
She's 3 years older than me and she's having a habit since forever that every time when somebody asked me anything she would answer it for me. Like seriously. It was fine when I was younger, I felt protective and such but since we're getting older and older, up to now is almost 30s she still has that habit.
She corrected me every damn time, when someone asked me she automatically answer it like it just that. I tried to tell her not to do that and we ended up fighting each other.
What do I do now?
>>
>>18350798
What was the gist of the fight after you told her to stop answering on your behalf? It will help if you can remember accurately and don't gloss over retelling parts of the conversation with "blah blah blah."
>>
>>18350938
I always tell her not to cut me off in the middle while I am answering people's question. Sometimes she admitted and apologize she won't do it again bla blah. But sometimes the fight even worse because she thinks I don't see the point that she's helping me to make it easier for people to understand what I wanted to tell them.
Like seriously. I am an adult now I work I have my social life and connections, it's just something that I don't see her would change. Not even she's done it to me she's also done this to her husband. Whenever my brother in law get asked by others she automatically cut him off. It's really annoying.
>>
>>18351036
You're an adult and you can speak for yourself. Make that plain and clear to her if she keeps doing that then the best thing you could do is just ignore her and not talk to her. She'll wonder why you're being so "mean" and just bring up that you are ignoring her since she ignores a pet peeve of yours.

you're an adult in only thing that she can do for you to "stop acting that way" is to fulfill your wish and stop is she people's questions when they asked you.
>>
>>18350798
How do you react in the moment of conversation in which she interrupts? How does her husband react when she interrupts him?
>>
>>18350798
womansplaining is a thing now?

That sounds really annoying. No one in their right mind would be around that kind of person lmao.
Talk over her when she starts doing it again, be more selective of what you say, and minimize occurrences where you're around her.
>>
>>18350798
Its because you are a stupid idiot who doesnt understand people and made an unreasonable demand.
If its a habit its going to happen a lot more until she breaks it. Just put up with it until then.
>>
>>18351294
Her husband and I just let her finished what she wanted to say to people. We didn't show our disagreements or anything at that moment rather than that. For me I always tried to talk to her after but I don't know for her husband.
>>18351297
The point is I don't know if people see what I see that she's being ridiculous. I even thought I was too sensitive and overeated for a good while before I realize I don't like it.
>>
>>18351379
You should add a redirect for /adv/ to your hosts file because this is terrible advice.
>>
>>18350798
Are you autistic? Or have an embarrassing stutter or something?
Maybe she answers for you because she feels she can articulate things better and more effectively than you can.
>>
Have you tried doing the same to her?
>>
>>18350798
Just talk louder and if she keeps going say "EXCUSE ME. I was talking. I don't interrupt you when you talk so if you would please extend the same courtesy to me it would be GREATLY appreciated. NOW. Where was I?"

Make it a point right then and there, she'll be embarassed, and next time she'll think twice before interrupting people.
>>
>>18352337
Even if you're stutter would you happy if someone cut you off like that?
No I'm not autistic, I just don't feel the need to share with people too detailed everything if someone ask.
> Maybe she answers for you because she feels she can articulate things better and more effectively than you can.
This is the point. That's why she also correct her husband or cut him off just like what she was doing to me. The thing is: she always think that she do things better than others.
>>18352356
I never do that to her. Because I don't feel the need to correct people and/or thinking I would do better than others.
>>18352450
Maybe it's just me but I can't do that. Every time I'm about to do it I feel it's just mean and rude. Also I don't want to people look at us and thinking "these two sisters have problems and they can't even work it out themselves privately"
>>
>>18352450
This is rude, don't do that.
>>18351036
>a blah. But sometimes the fight even worse because she thinks I don't see the point that she's helping me
Maybe explain to her that this is disturbing you a lot, and in all honesty you rather be misunderstood or not to understand than to be "assisted" by her. Tell her those are you preferences and if she cares about you that please respect that ect.
>>
>>18350798
My younger sister used to do this when we were little, but thankfully my parents told her to stfu enough times she finally stopped.
>>
>>18352634
Did you even read the post? She already tried doing it nicely. She has to lay down the law now.
>>
>>18350798
>Hey OP are you a virgin?
>Of course he is! Lol!
>REEEEEEEE
Post a pic she sounds fun.
>>
>>18352667
OP is a girl
>>
>>18352717
Yeah and I'm a fembot :^)
>>
>>18352645
We moved out pretty young so my parents didn't have many times with us. Especially my sister since she sent away to a girls school. I'm pretty chill but every time I tried to fix it we fought. It was insane and intense.
>>
>>18350798

Immediate correction with "Let me speak my own words from my own mouth, thank you." at a loud, embarrassing, and confident level.

That or "SHUT THE FUCK UP SO I CAN ANSWER HIS QUESTION" should do the trick.

Use either or depending on how professional you'd like or need to be.

Problem solved.

Or you could just get obnoxiously loud in talking over her and answering the question.

People cooperating with your sister's horseshit (yourself included) are to blame for her fucking rude behavior.
>>
>>18352450
This.
>>18352634
He already explained this to her multiple times, and she does it to her husband. These people are often so self-absorbed they don't realize they're doing it, so they forget it about it instantly.

If it doesn't work and she does this in public, the above reaction is an appropriate escalated response. She is being socially rude, thus in a social setting she should be called out and subsequently embarrassed. This will be traumatizing enough a reminder so she thinks twice before chiming into a conversation too soon.

You can only be passive and nice so much. If the behavior continues, you have to get stern or just cut social activities altogether so things don't devolve into a pointless argument.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.