[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to improve your body beyond muscles (reflexes, learning abilities,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
How to improve your body beyond muscles (reflexes, learning abilities, mental strength...) without drugs?

Let's have a practical example. You're on the street and a kebab starts shooting random people. You're fit, of course, but you need other mental and physical improvements in order to be able to react properly.

I'm currently reading a "Study on the reaction of a policeman to the danger and the armed confrontations", but I don't know if this is going to help me somehow.
>>
you mentioned strength training

you also need

cardio
and
nutrition

if you want to have an active tactical mind, then engage your mind in things tactically

>basketball
>football
>baseball
>soccer
>martial arts
>boxing/kickboxing
>csgo
>leageofledgends
>halo
>overwatch
>SCUM
>airsoft
>paintball
list goes on I'm sure
>>
Calisthenics, proper diet alignment and tons of books to read which augment your mental capacities
>>
>>18350383
>csgo
>leageofledgends
>halo
>overwatch
>SCUM

yeah fuck off with your /v/ermine. There is a difference between reacting to a hitbox on a screen and reacting to a ball that is thrown at you.
>>
>>18350394
reading a book isn't the same as hitting a ball, /lit/erally speaking

*slurp slurp slupr* *whimper*

>>18350400
when's the last time you got laid, buddy?
>>
File: asdf.jpg (217KB, 1124x778px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
217KB, 1124x778px
>>18350367
>"Study on the reaction of a policeman to the danger and the armed confrontations"
Pic related, btw.
>>
>>18350408
oh good its in spanish
>>
>>18350409
There's no english version.
>>
>>18350407
what has that to do with anything you twat, learn the difference between real life situation and stupid video games.
>>
>>18350412
I think it has a whole lot to do with your shitty demeanor and worthless contribution. so when was the last time you got laid?

>>18350411
well you might be on to something. maybe check out some special forces military stuff too. I know they do combat drills and sparring.

if you're talking about seriously being able to survive combat, then you're probably going to want to learn how to use weapons
>>
>>18350417
The final goal is to be proficient in all the situations that I live. No matter if it's a fight or a conversation (trying to create a real-time psychological profile).
>>
>>18350432
I think cardio, reading, math, sports, games, and studying ought to do it, if you really engage in these things.

Psychology is a philosophy, so you would probably benefit a lot from extensive mediation. We have a lot of preconceived notions that get us through the day, but we can only get to the truth by challenging some of these notions. Focus.
>>
>>18350367
I mean, if you want to be able to be mentally tough enough to act intelligently in an active combat situation, you need combat training. The only way to reliably get that is from military or police service. Paintball and airsoft are better than nothing, but they really dont compare.
>>
>>18350400

> what is over training?

It's good for conditioning visual reflexes beyond what the body can endure in a day.
>>
test
>>
>>18350452
>Psychology is a philosophy
H-how's that?
>>
>>18350383
>>soccer
Miss the olde continent, don't you?
>>
>>18350367

You need training, plain and simple.

While >>18350383 means well, playing basketball is not going to help you clear a building.

Now, do you need to clear a building? No.

To be honest, most civilian stuff will never prepare you for high risk high stress situations unless you actually participate in civilian jobs that undertake this stuff on a daily basis...

And they receive (you guessed it) training.

Practically speaking, best you can do is think about "what would I do if _____ happened" and stay fit.
>>
Like everything else: you practice it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.