[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>girlfriend said she'd kill herself if we broke up how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: FLIK.gif (839KB, 450x402px) Image search: [Google]
FLIK.gif
839KB, 450x402px
>girlfriend said she'd kill herself if we broke up

how much of a red flag is this?
>>
What was the context?
>>
>>18349970
break up and see if she does it, that's the only winning choice in this situation.
>>
the biggest one
tread lightly
>>
>>18349970
A big flag, she's willing to hold her life hostage to get her way. Before breaking up let her family, friends, therapist, or someone who can watch over her know that she's threatened suicide. She might be bluffing but it's not worth taking that chance and having to live with that shit on your conscience.
>>
>>18349971
She said it was a joke afterwards, but I know when she's joking and I was unconvinced. We laughed it off as we like morbid humour, but it's stuck with me a bit, a niggling feeling that there may have been truth in it.
>>
>>18349970
Think of the reddest thing you can imagine.

More redder than that.

Gtfo or accept your fate. (Hint: choose option 1)
>>
>>18349993
You're okay so long as your relationship isn't suffering any other problems. Maybe talk to her about it and tell her it made you second guess if she is mentally well or not. Say you still love her, but you didn't really think it was all that funny.
>>
>>18350010
We got in an argument today, tho (a silly one, just dumb) and she texted me when she got into work with:

"I wish I died last night|", then "I feel like death".

Makes me feel like I'm just becoming a conduit to hurt herself, sometimes.
>>
>>18350019
She is trivializing the importance of saying that stuff. She is probably stressed to some degree, but my guess is that she's just a little immature and bored and wants to come to you to alleviate those feelings.
>>
>>18349970
That's actual emotional abuse anon

This is beyond red flag, this is a black flag
>>
>>18349970

It's a red flag in that your girlfriend loves drama and never wants you to leave her - not because she actually loves you, but because she fears being alone. It's usually a selfish plea.
>>
Hugest red flag there is, it's textbook abuse and manipulation.

My ex (also had bpd) said that to me when I tried to break up with her twice. Wasted 2.5 years of my youth on that bitch.

Run and don't look back. She won't do it. And if by some .0000001% chance she does, it is not your fault. You need to get yourself out of a toxic situation ASAP.
>>
>>18349970
I don't know why this always is such a big deal to people. She's obviously bluffing you, because she knows it'll work. Just say "not my problem" and move on.
>>
It's pretty much THE red flag for letting you know a person is abusive either physically or emotionally.
>>
>>18349970
Fucking major, either she's really messed up and can't handle a relationship right now or she's trying to guilt you into staying with her

Either you've been roped into something real bad or it's a form of abuse
>>
>>18349970
NIGGA RUN NOW
>>
Take out a life insurance policy on her.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 461x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 461x397px
>>18351377
>>
>>18351201
Agreed. I dealt with thus as well and it seriously scarred me / affects my dating life to this day.

It'll be difficult but leave her if you believe she meant it. You will have a lot more pain ahead of you if you don't.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.