[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think dating is harder for men? Do men have a harder time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1424398473915.jpg (121KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
1424398473915.jpg
121KB, 500x629px
Do you think dating is harder for men? Do men have a harder time getting sex or a relationship on average than women? Do you think men have to do more work than women on average in order to become attractive?

Asking because I'm having issues reconciling when guys tell me I have to do this and that and "get better at dating". I can't stand being told that I have to keep "working on myself" - by which is meant, I have to be the one to connect with them and be something they want, rather than the other way around. I wouldn't mind it so much if it felt like women were making an equal effort to get to know me and make a relationship work. Should I just accept that it's unfair and deal with it, or is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>18349377
Ugh I just realized this post makes me seem kinda lazy but that's fine because at least it's honest.

I don't even know where to start though. I talk to women here and there, then either I find out she has a BF or that she's not interested (she's cold and unresponsive); lather rinse repeat. Even girls who are seemingly interested at first (willing/open to engaging physical or emotional intimacy is my definition of "interest") will just flake out, even after engaging in some of said intimacy.
>>
Fine, don't try. Girls will just pick one of the 100s of guys who do instead of you.
>>
>>18349392
>women have hundreds of men interested in them at once
What's the point of even trying when women have so many options and I have none? How can I possibly compete or be relevant when women can just lie back and have men lining up to date them?
>>
>>18349397
There isn't, which is one of the major faults of western society
>>
>>18349397
>I have none?
You do though. Like you said, you're just lazy and don't want to take it.
>>
>>18349400
this isn't a societal thing, this is pretty much par for the course for the majority of sexually reproducing species
>>
>>18349408
Of course it is.

It's only in west and only in recent times where average and reasonable effort is losing out in the cost-benefit analysis

When basic reproduction and companionship starts to become not worth the effort for many young men there is a massive problems brewing the society.
>>
>>18349404
That's not what I meant by lazy, by lazy I meant unwilling to continue to pursue women and face rejection when I know deep down the vast majority of women are not interested in me.

I can't possibly believe there's interested women when most of them will not even look me in the eyes or act cold when I try to make conversation. It's actually more rare that a woman is nice to me, and 99% of the time she's just being friendly. Which is fine, but frustrating when I keep hoping to meet somebody, you know?
>>
>>18349417
it is worth the effort, it's just that OP is lazy and entitled

throughout history the majority of males didn't actually reproduce. genetic dead ends and failures is normal and natural. it's up to him if he becomes one of them.
>>
>>18349424
a) Don't take rejection so personally, since, like you said, they don't even know you so why should you feel bad if they reject you? They have their own reasons that may or may not have anything to do with you

b) You haven't met the "vast majority" of anyone

so, first of all, your mindset is just stupid and you need to change it. also develop some humility and really ask yourself, if you were a girl, why the fuck would you pick you over some other guy? you're probably nothing special. not that most other guys are either but what they have over you is probably the things i mentioned: a better attitude where they keep trying instead of giving up and eventually, a combination of luck and experience pay off
>>
I'm sure there is some truth to it OP. Personally I think dating sites are less likely to have people who aren't willing to break your personality down to a checklist instead of actually try to understand and accept your flaws. I don't think the pursuit of a relationship is worth being degraded by tons of people before them, it's better to meet people through a hobby, circumstance, etc. Would kind of kill it for me just jumping into a first date with a stranger.
>>
>>18349445
To not have people**
>>
So many /r9k/ threads here lately.
>>
>>18349438
>you haven't met the vast majority of anyone
Well most if not all women in my day to day don't think much of me. That's as good as the 'vast majority', far as I'm concerned.

>you're probably nothing special
Definitely not. Shorter than average, skinny, into nerdy, male-dominated things. Work just an OK job, my car is nice and I have my own place but I'm almost 25 so that's hardly impressive.

I can (I think) be funny and witty....I'm able to make a lot of people laugh. I'm also fairly smart, or so other people observe. I'm also trustworthy and dependable at least concerning my work ethic and being there emotionally for my friends and (I hope) my own family some day. I'd like to think all that counts for something, but who knows. Maybe it doesn't mean shit when I'm not all that physically attractive besides my handsome/cute face (so I'm told)
>>
>>18349453
Short skinny niggas still pull mad hoes with the right attitude bro, especially if they are handsome as you say you are.
>>
>>18349453
You need to take >>18349445 's advice
The fact that you don't seem delusional about what you have to offer/your faults is a good sign for you. So instead of focusing on being rejected all the time I think you would have more luck meeting someone through something like a hobby, work, etc. Develop an acquaintance/friendship with someone you already have something in common with and go from there. Don't approach strangers or use dating sites if you don't want to deal with fickleness and find it discouraging because that's just the nature of meeting people that way.
>>
>>18349392
top kek how can you even defend this when you know the game is rigged for men? also social media and cellphones has made it extremely easy for women to cheat because they have so many options.
>>
>>18349476
Fuck off back to /r9k/, bitter virgin.
>>
>>18349491
Not an argument
>>
>>18349494
Post a retarded /r9k/ meme, expect to be told to fuck off back there.
>>
>>18349449
>>18349491
How do you know what r9k threads are like, you fucking virgin losers? This is why no girl likes you.
>>
>>18349498
Why not try directly refuting the point instead of deferring to the /r9k/ boogeyman? I don't even go there myself.
>>
>>18349462
Thanks, maybe I should just keep trying
>>18349463
I've thought about this and will probably try it, though the aforementioned male-dominated interests make it challenging. That and the meme about not shitting where you eat is part of the reason I don't try to date coworkers. Ironic because I've had 3 new Tinder matches in the past 24 hours and haven't messaged any of them because I just assume they won't respond or will respond for a bit and then ghost.
>>
>>18349521
I suggest language-learning classes.
It's not specifically a "male hobby" and from my experience there's always way more women than men
>>
Stop caring about women and they'll start caring about you, dumbass.
Do you think the Chads ask themselves these questions ? They're too busy to think about hoes.
>>
>>18349377
It's not worth it to think into this so hard desu. It's annoying but you just have to keep trying
>>
>>18349377
>deal with it
This. Doesn't matter if it's rigged or not, cause even if it is, there\s nothing you can do about it
>>
>>18349498
but you just emitted yourself women have so many options ? how is that a meme? women are born rich and men are born poor. men don't get that kind of attention until they actually become something in life they actually have to earn it unlike women who only need a vagina to have value in society.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.