[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trapped between a rock and a hard place...What do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1491710110764.jpg (91KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491710110764.jpg
91KB, 720x720px
I'm trapped between a rock and a hard place...What do?

>Dad is a hoarder w/ a non-functioning house (No kitchen sink, barely working stove, one bathroom (There used to be two) and only his master bedroom (where he and 3 others sleep together in...and my own bedroom)
>Dad is chronically unemployed (He constantly gets fired)
>$50/month rent

or

>spend $443/month + 1/3 utilities to rent a room w/ two of my brother's friends (I think they're female).

Only reason I don't want to get out of this house is that I am uncertain I'll be able to afford rent while only working part-time and attending school. (I work full-time during the summers) Maybe pay rent w/ student loans?
>>
give me your phone number

I don't fuck with that kik shit I'm not a normie
>>
>>18347950

Wh-why do you want me phone number ?!?!?!?
>>
who are the people who shares a room with?

>im not sure i coudl afford to live on my own

well, have you done the math? check your deposits for the last few months, they should be consistent, maybe one will be higher or lower because of an anomaly, so nix the anomaly and find out the average. how much are you bringing in a month?

subtract that 443 for rent, then ask them about utilities (here in la 50% for me is about 8 for gas, 30 for electric and 27 for internet). then subtract any other bills you might have (whats your insurance, average for gas?) and just keep goind down.

at the end if you go over the amount you make, dont do it. if you go under adn still have some money for say, food, you're good to go.
>>
>>18347978

Full-time jobs that pay decently are abundant and easy to get ($14-16), but part-time jobs that pay above min. wage are rare. I'm currently working full-time, but they probably won't allow me to work part-time, so I'll have to work a part-time min. wage job, which at 20 hours a week, would only amount to $800/month before taxes. (I've lived on my own before, which seems only possible if working full-time)
>>
>>18347989

... why cant you just keep working full time? what?
>>
>>18348003

Working shitty full-time jobs for shit pay vs finishing school in something I enjoy that will provide me a lot more money and a career in my future is much better.
>>
>>18347935

Couldn't you spend the 400+ bucks a month you save by living with your dad improving the fucking house?

I mean, I get there's implied shittyness going on (3 others, hoarder etc) but unless he is hoarding raccoon carcasses and his 3 buddies are trying to rape you... couldn't you buy and install a damn sink, and fix the stove?

Then throw his shit out?
>>
>>18348011

That's one thing, but he has all the stuff to fix it, in fact he has had a new sink, new bathroom stuff (tub, sink, toilet), a stove, and even wooden floors. He's had it all for years and years but doesn't do anything. He is too ashamed of his house and too poor to afford hiring someone to do it. He doesn't want to get rid of anything because he believes it's important/he will need it in the future and goes into rage if someone cleans/organizes stuff.
>>
>>18347935
Do it faggot, and find a better job when you do. It's not all that hard if you have more than one job under your belt. Also yes use your student loans and grants for living expenses. But do keep tight-as-shit track of that. I handle all the bills and such for my house and I keep my shit locked down and accounted for out to the next six months.
t. $400/mo rent + utils with 3 roommates
>>
>>18348016

Do you care about him?

I mean, unless you're an idiot, you can rent the tools (even less money since you don't have to buy much, maybe some pipe dope, fasteners, etc) and install some of this shit.

Unless he's going to murder you, who gives a shit about his rage - you are enabling his bullshit by not doing anything.

Choose: either leave (and know that that, too, is enabling his bullshit) or toss his shit out and do what you can to help.

If it's a lost cause it's a lost cause - then you really don't have a choice, and should just leave.
>>
>>18347935
I lived with my hoarder parents until I graduated college. It sucked. I recommend toughing it out and getting through school. Once you are out of school, you can get a good paying job and move out completely.
>>
>>18348120
You have no idea what it's like to live with a hoarder as a parent.

Op, you have to move. Get a second job if you have to. Get out of there and count your blessings. It won't get better until your father is ready and even when he is it will take years for him to slowly go through it. Hoarding is a mental illness and it takes years to cure if ever.
>>
>>18348338

Actually, you have no idea what ideas anyone here has.

That said, you're probably right about what he should do - but people allowing people to do shit AKA enabling allows them to, well, do that shit, for longer.

Do you think these 800 pound people who can't leave their house would be 800 pounds if junior didn't cook them 48 egg burritos every morning?

The answer, of course, is fuck no.
>>
>>18347935
443/mo + 1/3 utils is crazy

around here a 1 bedroom apt is usually 2600/mo unless you go to the bad part of town
>>
>>18347935
get out of that house. you got loans, you're gonna be in debt anyway, use whatever money you got to get out
>>
>>18347965
I think he's gonna give you place anon
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.