[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else but me had 10+ interviews but no job? Currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_oqgv48UM0h1qch9gxo1_540.png (218KB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqgv48UM0h1qch9gxo1_540.png
218KB, 540x404px
Has anyone else but me had 10+ interviews but no job?

Currently at 12 and no end in sight.
>>
>>18347347
Bump for asking a question that's not 14 year olds asking about relationshits.
>>
Yes. Keep going. You're getting better at interviewing with each interview. An ex of mine had something like 30 before getting an offer once. She was like a machine.
>>
>>18347347
Do you have a college degree?
>>
>>18347367
I'm really not. Every job is different and I can never tell if it's going to be good or bad.

Sometimes I get ones where I feel really pleased with the result only to find out weeks later that I didn't get it. Some have pretty much said straight to my face at the interview that I have no chance of getting it.
>>
>>18347379
Yes and 70% of them are for graduate jobs

I can't find jack shit where I live. Sent out 100s of applications but I rarely hear back. Had a handful of interviews over a year and a half but they didn't result in anything.

Doesn't help when you live in the poorest county in England.
>>
Well it happens sometimes, but you should try to figure out WHY they're rejecting you and what you could do to improve your chances. If you just mindlessly go through interviews you're not really improving your chances of getting hired. Sure, it will probably eventually happen, but you shouldn't let it to fate.
>>
>>18347380
>Some have pretty much said straight to my face at the interview that I have no chance of getting it.
that's good ,prevents you from worrying about it later.
>>
>>18347388
Yes, but a degree in what field?
>>
>>18347392
Well this was for one, and that was because I didn't have a driving licence

There was another one where It was just obvious I wasn't really suited to it.

>>18347389
Been improving my skills all the time since, getting experience etc It's not so much that as much as I see myself as incompetent.
>>
>>18347400
let's just say film and tv

Some might give up on this thread after reading that but I'm doing a lot more with that kind of degree than a lot of other people are.
>>
Keep. Fucking. Going.

And if it's clear you're applying for jobs too far above your experience level, then start aiming lower.
>>
>>18347427
Yeah, OK, but were those skills you improved the ones your potential employers are looking for?

You see yourself as incompetent. Well then work on that. What is it that makes you incompetent? What can't you do well? What you lack that others have? Seriously, I have no idea what it is, but I can guarantee you that it can be improved.
>>
File: aquafresh.png (134KB, 386x389px) Image search: [Google]
aquafresh.png
134KB, 386x389px
>mfw 100% 3/3 success rate
step up your game
>>
these posts are a fucking joke and I see them all the time

nigga you need to try like 50 before you start questioning what's going on, and even then you still push it to 100 while you try to figure it out
>>
>>18347450
>let's just say film and tv

Ah, that's a tough field. I'm not sure what specific aspect of it, but if you do camera work, lighting, editing, sound, music, or anything like that... have you looked into companies that produce commercials? Small indie productions?

Anyway your 10+ is fucking nothing in this industry. You're going to be upwards of 50 interviews, I imagine. You need to interview faster. Like one a day or more if you can.
>>
>>18347478
>one a day
ha, no chance. It costs me £50 to get to London and there is none in that field where I live. Nada. Squat.
>>
>>18347347
I've literally never had an interview where they didn't offer me the job. IDK why I got so lucky.
>>
>>18347486
Then you need to be in London. Gotta put in a lot of graft to make it in your field, son. If you can't afford it find someplace to squat while you try.
>>
>>18347495
Are you joking? You need to be middle class in London to afford even the tiniest room share.

I don't have savings and can't drive (too dyspraxic) and I've no chance of getting anything in the services-dominated field where I live. What the fuck do I do?
>>
>>18347468
GTFO toothpaste company.
>>
>>18347501
Hah. Room.

You aren't desperate enough yet. You're not ready for this industry.
>>
>>18347518
I need to be a squatter is what you're saying?

I think my parents would have a nervous breakdown knowing I was homeless in London
>>
>>18347529
Don't tell them? You're an adult, yes? You keep your interview clothing in a locker someplace you can secure, whether a rental or something else. Then you go sleep someplace. Then you go interview and try to network.

You don't even have to do it permanently. You can do it for a week. Just don't die.
>>
Are you ok with dealing with kids?

Try checking out you local school/colleges/universities for jobs like janitor, lunch monitor, security ect.
>>
>>18347347
Look up career development services at your uni or college/whatever. I've consulted a woman for free and she gave me all kind of tips on how to customized my CV and letters according to the job and we did a practice interview too. I don't know if such ressources exists near you but it can really help. I still don't have a job but I'm doing way better than last summer.
>>
yall niBBas are tripping... There's no way in hell you can get up to 50/100 applications/interviews. I don't know what field you guys are working in but I want in. Shit, in my field there's barely 30 job postings and not even in my city. And like 3/4 require you to be a student (which I'm no longer) and 1/4 require minimum 5+ years related experience + diploma. So to go 50+ interview would mean to at least apply to 150 places, that's just ridiculous.
>>
this may be able to tide you by til you get a real job
https://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/jobs/list
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.