[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't keep my confidence when I fail at something. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: NFZUnheb.jpg (12KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
NFZUnheb.jpg
12KB, 242x242px
I can't keep my confidence when I fail at something.

When for instance I don't pass an exam I lose confidence and social skills and feel like others exploit that. Like I want to chill out and calm myself in the park after but can't cause I feel like everyone is watching me and thinking I'm weird for sitting there; thus falling into a downward spiral.

I think I can't forgive myself any failures.
>>
>>18346092
There are two fucking threads with the same exact pepe picture, one right under the other. Can you stupid frogposters get any more unoriginal?
SAGE.
>>
File: Lynkkö.jpg (50KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
Lynkkö.jpg
50KB, 957x621px
>>18346108
>>
Tbh you aren't alone anon, this is exactly what I feel.
>Bumping because I can't help OP because I don't know how to help myself
>>
>>18346092
>>18346383

People have shit to think about, you are not important enough for strangers on the park to care.
>>
>>18346399
The worst thing is that I already know that but I just dont FEEL it.
I am completely aware that no one cares about how I look or anything any more than I care about them but I still feel unconfident and I still feel like they are judging me.
It's stupid, I know. But I don't know how to get that thought out of my head.
Repeating "People have shit to think about, you are not important enough for strangers on the park to care." in my head doesn't help.
>>
>>18346413

Why do you feel that way?
>>
>>18346413
Do you ever judge random strangers for things like that?
>>
>>18346415
I honestly don't know.

>>18346419
No, that's the funny part.
>>
>>18346433
>I honestly don't know.

Then how can we help you? How can you help yourself?

You need to figure this one out if you want to solve it.
>>
>>18346437
>You need to figure this one out if you want to solve it.

I guess. Tbh I don't know what I was expecting when in contributed in the thread, probably some magic pill to make my problems go away.

I just don't know how to figure it out. Then again, I don't know how you would either. My thoughts are completely irrational but for some reason they still control how I feel.
>>
>>18346452

Usually, if I get lost in my own head, it means I have to much free time and no real responsibilities. Might not work for you, but doing something worthwhile helps me.
>>
>>18346413
OP here, it's just that let's say I want to contemplate and calm down after I didn't succeed at something, but the underlying shame of failure means that I feel uncomfortable around people and like I'm being judged, so I can't even stabilise my mood because I care too much about the outside world. Meanwhile if everything went according to the plan I would just brush such insecure thoughts off and not give a fuck what others think. Meaning when I feel like I failed at something everything else goes to shit.
>>
>>18346928
Sorry, I kind of took over and derailed your thread
>>
Anxiety disorder see a doc and a shrink
>>
>>18346987
no problem, glad you joined
>>18346996
well I have OCD which is technically an anxiety disorder but nothing aside from that
I take SSRIs for that

I guess it's just my insecurity
I have to prove myself or else I subconsciously don't feel 'worthy', the problem with that is sometimes you don't make it
>>
I'm in the same case anon, anxiety make my insecurities impossible to keep under control.

I have a solution tho, as another anon said, keep yourself busy, find a video game or hobby that you fucking enjoy and you'll be fine as fuck.
Best time of my life was when I just wanted to play Skyrim all day, I played non stop keeping myself busy, rest of my life was fine as fuck.
>>
>>18347114
Yeah well I'm currently at a point in my life where I'm finally about to achieve some of my long term goals. I'm trying to pass my driving exam (it's hard in my country, people fail multiple times, and so I did today :() and buy a nice car, I'm finishing my master's degree and going to apply for jobs, and generally moving on with my life.

I do have hobbies and things I do for entertainment but I feel hard pressed to make something of myself and therefore want to focus on duties rather than pleasures at this point of life.
>>
Same here, anon. Mostly for school though.

I just started a graduate program this year and it was a huge adjustment to go from straight A's in undergrad to being cool with just passing the course (C for my school, may be different for others). Once I got my first D on an exam I traveled down this pessimistic spiral and didn't want to do anything. Luckily I have a good support system and I got the help I needed.

You need to find a friend or two that's either in a similar situation to you or is very empathetic. Heck, if you post on /adv/ you're bound to get some words of encouragement at the least.
>>
>>18347316
Well maybe you lose confidence when you fail because of all that pressure you put on yourself ? You feel shame when you fail because you're scared about your future ?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.