[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being so obsessed with my height? I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 2149niq.png (586KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
2149niq.png
586KB, 640x634px
How do I stop being so obsessed with my height?
I can't talk to people because I am so embarrassed about it. Obviously, this has left me with no friends. I'm 23 and have never even held hands with someone because I am so ashamed of my height. I don't leave the house apart from when I go to therapy and everyone outside is so much taller than me, it makes me feel like shit. I was going to go to uni, but on the open day everyone was so much taller than me that I just went home and cried. I can't face going. I am so obsessed with my height, it's all I think about. I'm 5'4 and I don't know anyone shorter than me, even girls. It's supposed to be the average height for females, but they're all like 5'8. Just looking at them makes me want to die. I hate myself so much. My therapist says it's in my head and that people don't care how tall I am, but how could anyone want anything to do with a disgusting, pathetic inferior little runt like me? Even if someone did want to be friends with me, I would be so obsessed with the fact that they're taller than me that I would hate them. I have no personality or interests left at all. All I think about is my height. I've been getting therapy for over a year now and it hasn't helped at all. I can't live like this anymore.
>>
A former friend of mine who was 5'4 slayed women left and right. He was even invited to girls only parties and shit. I remember him having a threesome with two icelandic chicks. 100% serious.
>>
Bump

I'm also having OPs problem

Please adv

>>18345768
Where are you from? Can you be specific?
>>
>>18345824
I'm from Norway. The guy is super extrovert and above average looking ofc.
>>
>>18345876
Well I am only average looking or sometimes downright ugly. I just hope a good enough personality, some lifting will overshadow all that and give an illusion of attractiveness.
>>
>>18345892
You're going to have a hard time with women because you reek of depression and desperation. If you have a good personality there will be women who don't care about your height. For the love of God literal midgets get married to normal sized women. Before you can get women you have to learn to accept your height and like yourself anyway. I'm taller than my boyfriend and it's not an issue because he's a wonderful person and I love being with him.
>>
>>18345750
Google "short men with beautiful women" for inspiration.

I can understand your having trouble in your teens because young girls are driven by their eyes. But in your age bracket women are FAR more interested in personality than height.

Your problem is not that you are short but that your teen experience makes you unconsciously broadcast "Don't bother with me. I'm worthless" vibes, and women are very sensitive to those.

The trick really is to force yourself to stop thinking about your height and try to act like just a normal guy. (You may have to pretend the confidence for a while, but it will get easier.)

The less you walk around carrying a big sign that says "I'm short. Ignore me." the more friends, friends-who-are-girls and even girlfriends you will have.
>>
>>18345931
People say I reek of depression and desperation, but you can be more specific with that? Like what are the mannerisms that makes someone "reek"?
>>
This meme needs to stop
>>
>>18345750
This Youtube clip is incredibly corny, but what it says is legitimate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGS029Peq7k
>>
>>18346013
>how could anyone want anything to do with a disgusting, pathetic inferior little runt like me?
>>
>>18345750
>I have no personality or interests left at all. All I think about is my height.

That's your problem. You are obsessed. With that attitude, you can't really see that most people don't care.

So here's what you have to do: Find something to care about besides you height. The less power you give your obsession, the easier it'll be to move on. And no, I don't know what kind of activity you can pick. You gotta find something.

>>18345824

Same as above.
>>
move to the netherlands
>>
Just be yourself
>>
>>18346074
We need to find a way to keep /r9k/ shitters on their containment board.
>>
>>18345750
There isn't really a 'way'

Your psych is trying to make you feel better but obviously height does affect what people think of you. The only step you can take is acceptance. I'm a bit taller than you but it also took a very long time for me to reach this point and I still feel quite insecure at times. As long as it doesn't make you feel worse, and would actually alleviate some self-consciousness, you could stick to shoes with bigger soles/heels.

I see turbomanlet Mexicans with pretty good looking women occasionally. The thing is you have to accept it will be harder for you, but no harder than for a midget or a cripple or whatever. Life is not fair but you've got to make the most of it now, and you can't do that by obsessing over its unfairness
>>
>>18346435
>no harder than for a midget or a cripple

That's the most transparent attempt at a backhanded insult I've seen today. Try harder, bitter lanklet virgin.
>>
>>18346590
Christ, you're so spiteful that you're reading what isn't there

Trust me I'm not a lanklet, it was just poor wording. I meant that even though being a turbomanlet is a disadvantage it's not as bad as being a cripple or midget
>>
>>18346638
Unless you are a true midget or cripple or freakishly tall, height has no effect when it comes to getting success with girls or in life.
>>
>>18346661
That's just fucking wrong you idiot. If your gf could choose to make you 6'3 overnight, 90% she would. It's not the be all and end all (nothing is) but it's 100% a factor, no less than being bald or fat -
undesirable traits for men
>>
>>18345750
Jelq or get a bathmate.
You can make up what you lack with a dick possessed by the gods
>>
>>18345750
https://youtu.be/WxmcG7m1VMQ
Good advice
>>
>>18347224
Why are you so fixated on height? It's fucking insignificant. If you think your gf could choose to make you good-looking, rich, powerful, funny and charming, and whatever else overnight, she would.

If anything 6'3" is already in the "too tall" territory. Once again, bitter virgins like you have no idea what girls actually like. Stop believing in /r9k/ memes.
>>
I've dated short dudes and seen short guys get plenty of gfs. Plus if a girl won't date you because you're short you dodged an huuuuge bullet because those women are 9.9 times out of 10 completely insane.
>>
>>18345750

Anon, there's some good advice ITT and I hope its helpful in some way.

I know this might not work, but next time you see a quadriplegic in a wheelchair, could you recall everything you typed here and ask yourself if you feel petty for wasting the gifts given to you?

Nothing you feel or think is wrong, morally, but that you let it control you, destroy you even, is terrible and tragic. You deserve to be happy, anon.

My father in law is short, sure. But he has done work for certain government agencies and makes over a million a year in law.

My hope for you is that you use your misery, your deep sadness, your sense of hopelessness as fuel, like a secret octane that only you possess, because all those taller roasties will never ever know what you have felt and if you do not let it destroy you, you can become something great with it. But you must harness it and make the decision to find something, anything, other than feeling sorry for yourself. Even if you fail and fuck up a million things, you'll be better off and deserving of pride and dignity simply because you aren't feeling sorry for yourself.

Does this help?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.