[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad is annoyed with me because I don't want to get a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0310.jpg (57KB, 599x818px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0310.jpg
57KB, 599x818px
My dad is annoyed with me because I don't want to get a job with my science degree or work in an office. I want to just work barista jobs. I can't find lab work and I'm not an office work person. My resume is well written however I am held back by having an ethnic name, dark skin and an anxiety disorder. How can I explain to my dad that I want to apply for jobs that I can get as opposed to applying to work for office jobs which I lack the skills and experience for?

I live with my parents btw.
>>
>>18345547
What degree, what ethnicity, what country
>>
>>18345549
I did a bachelor of science and I live in Australia. I'm a second generation migrant.
>>
>>18345547
For one stop blaming racism for not getting a job. You likely don't have enough experience for the position they find someone better and take them instead. Unless you live in rural fucking Oklahoma or they tell you to your face they don't accept folks who arent paper white then stop that.
Secondly get off your ass. You cant live off barista work for the rest of your life. You will need to move out as your parents will not care for you forever. You can't sustain a living wage with a barista position.
Your dad is very much so in the right. You're being an idiot.
Also INB4> No one asked you whitey or some retarded shit. I'm native American I know what I'm talking about.
>>
File: smh.jpg (27KB, 591x448px) Image search: [Google]
smh.jpg
27KB, 591x448px
>>18345559
Lmao I bet you're one of the guys complaining about this on Whirlpool forums too.

I did BEng, Aussie, first generation migrant (technically), non-white and working hard

You need to take responsibility and not blame other things bro. Using an anglo first nick/name for your job apps can't hurt but its not the sole reason why you're unemployed
>>
>>18345562
So what do you suggest I do if I'm not experienced enough with work outside of being a barista that isn't working in a cafe?
>>
>>18345613
Volunteer work, security guard, military, also as your dad suggests OFFICE JOB
literally anything. Its not that fucking hard.
>>
>>18345639
I have psychological issues which makes police or military not an option. I have a couple of volunteer jobs which I already do. I am in the running for an unpaid gig at a science lab which might help with getting professional experience. I plan on being there for at least a few months if I get it. I would rather scrape gum from underneath school desks than work in an office since I can't stand sitting in the same spot for hours.
>>
>>18345667
Well buddy o pal we all gotta do shit we fucking hate. Suck it up.
>>
>>18345712
Why do you talk like I haven't done a job I didn't like before? I washed dishes, cleaned houses and worked on a farm before. I just want something that is a full time job where non whites are accepted.
>>
>>18346410
Again with the race thing. It's your attitude that is preventing you from being accepted. Not your race.
>>
>>18346410
>where non whites are accepted

Didn't I just fucking say not to blame your race? Just because you ain't sparkling diamond and can't land a job white doesn't mean everyones fucking racist. Boo hoo poor you.

Apply for the office job. I assume its full time. There's your wish. Right there. But wah I'm gonna be bored. Jobs are not made to entertain you. So I say to you again.

SUCK IT UP. You societal tapeworm.
>>
>>18346430
What attitude?
>>
>>18345547
You can't force your father to accept this, you can, however, do whatever you want.
>>
>>18345712
>>18346439
Slaves and proud
>>
>>18346476
Okay have fun with that. Ill be sitting here in my house with food I bought for myself and electronic entertainment system instead of wasting away in my parents basement. Sure showed me.
>>
>>18345547
check out the book, gorilla mindset

it may help you overcome your anxiety and become in tune with yourself and help you find success in life
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.