[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is suicide always a sign of weakness? I don't understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: asdasds.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
asdasds.png
4KB, 225x225px
Is suicide always a sign of weakness?

I don't understand why so many people are reluctant to die regardless of how worthless their life becomes and how little they enjoy being alive.

I don't ask to be edgy. I just feel like life gets worse and worse, and that my own capacity to appreciate let alone enjoy being alive has diminished to the point where a major overhaul of my value system and perspective is required if I'm to wake up each day and look forward to the future.

Things have gone downhill in the past couple of years but I know one of the reasons I haven't snapped completely is that I'm still relatively young (25) and still riding that youthful optimism train which dictates that my relatively youthful appearance and the fact I have a job means I am ideologically secure and still have the potential to live a life that seems worthwhile to me.

But really my instincts are now encouraging me to give up and quit playing along and do what I know is ultimately right, which is to end my life.

Any response please?

Sorry for the long post.
>>
LIfe's a test. Just wait it out and keep busy in the mean time doing what you enjoy.

Ending early is failure and you have to restart.
>>
>>18345156
>you have to restart

Do you believe in reincarnation or something?

>Life's a test

But what's the point if there is no reward at the end? And even if there were, what if I don't feel the need to pass the test and prove to the examiner (who is, who?) that I'm capable of passing?
>>
I'm suicidal and I think it pretty much is. Suicide for me is like...I can't do it anymore? Etc. People go through horrible shit and stick to it for the sake of their loved ones and for themselves. Life is a one time gift and for me its like...weakness to throw it away. I am very weak though.

You seem like you have your own thing going on. Might want to call the suicide hotline.
>>
We all have to face the hell that life can be. Suicide is a quitter's route. It means you're weaker than the rest of the population who don't commit suicide.
>>
>>18345161
If you don't feel the need then that's on you, unfortunately. Still need to pass.

I don't know what lies after death, but if there wasn't a point to any of this then we wouldn't be here.
>>
>>18345156
>you have to restart

Do you believe in reincarnation or something?

>Life's a test

But what's the point if there is no reward at the end? And even if there were, what if I don't feel the need to pass the test and prove to the examiner (who is, who?) that I'm capable of passing?
>>
>>18345178
But why should you live your life as one tiny number in the collective aggregate of suffering? What if no other human being existed and there was no way of judging whether committing suicide was an aberrant thing? What if you lived in a society wherein the majority of people ended their life prematurely in old age, would it then be acceptable? I don't agree that you should be burdened by the subjective value systems of others.
>>
>>18345115
Life is, there's meaning to life because we're alive and perceive life.
Death doesn't mean anything since you'll be dead and there won't be any part of you to apply meaning to your non-existence.

Choose life because it's your only choice.
>>
>>18345115
>Is suicide always a sign of weakness
Yes. Or craziness.

Nobody knows what happens after death but the safe bet is nothing.
>>
if humanity wouldn't have this inreasonable high will to stay alive, we would have gone extinct long ago.
that sucks for people who are stuck here with no goal to focus on.
>>
>>18345187
>implying something can't exist and have no point
>>
Suicide is not a sign of weakness. If life gets worse and worse, you should try to make it better. Even if it's impossible to make it better, you can stop if from getting worse.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.