[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How wrong of us is it to box out our drunken disaster of a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1473734647176.jpg (258KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1473734647176.jpg
258KB, 1920x1280px
How wrong of us is it to box out our drunken disaster of a friend from our annual group vacation when she's the reason the trip happened in the first place in the past?

She's going to see all of the social media posts and shit and realize she got kicked out.
>>
Have you tried talking to her about being a drunk embarrassing mess? If you aren't condescending about it you have a chance at sparing her the shame of being excluded.
>>
>>18343038

not wrong at all imo, but there is going to be fallout, and how you handle that fall out is where the issue of morality really falls.
>>
you can't just not say anything to her. she probably doesn't know how much of problem/burden she tends to be. just say hey we all ganged up and talked about you behind your back and we think you're not fun at all to be around when you're super drunk, so we're going on this thing without you and we'll see how you act when we're back.
>>
>>18343038
is she hot :)
>>
If you can't talk to her about something like this, you're a pretty shit friend. Someone who actually cared about her well being would sit her down and explain that her behavior is troubling and ask if there's a reason why she's been drinking so much. Sounds like your group only keeps her around because you enjoy shit talking each other.
>>
>>18343055
>>18343130

Her parents and all of us are very concerned about her, but she's been shutting us out for the most part. She lost her job and only hangs out with people over 50 years old in smoky dive bars.

I mean technically, she's abandoned us first.

We haven't confronted her as a group, but mainly because she's avoiding us so we don't judge her. Every time I see her, she's drunk and high on pills.
>>
>>18343092

Forgot to reply to this. She still kind of is, but years of substance abuse are catching up to her.
>>
It is barely relevant that she started the tradition. If no one wants her there (for good reasons), no one wants her there. Just have the courtesy to tell her that you find her destructive behavior painful to be around and don't want to take part in it, and not let her find out through the pictures afterwards.
>>
The way I see it you have two options.

- Cut the bitch out of your life and pretend she doesn't exist until it weighs on your conscience forty years later.

- Be a human being and try rehabbing your friend - even if she doesn't want it (and believe me, none of them ever do).

This clearly is about more than just a group vacation, and I think you realize that as well as I do. Many addicts are thrown aside to languish on the streets for the next serial killer's delight, and nobody ever cares until a dozen hookers are dead. The choice is in your hands.
>>
>>18343166
how many years?
how old is she?
maybe help her out of it instead of ostracizing her geez
>>
>>18343148
Yeah, she needs help. It doesn't have to be from you but pills are serious and she is 10x more likely to become a complete junkie if you cut her out of social activities. She could kill herself.
>>
>>18343182

I've tried to be there for her. She won't listen to anyone, and runs away and hides where we can't find her when we try to talk. I've asked /adv/ for help with her behavior a couple of times, and the consensus has been that eventually you just can't help someone who won't help themselves.

She believes she's "just having fun," and refuses to accept that there's anything wrong. I can't force her into rehab.

>>18343192
She's 30, almost 31. She's been drinking since she was 16 - she's always had drinking issues, but held down her job and was fun to be around. Once she lost her job & boyfriend in August (we think it's drinking related buy can't confirm), she went down a very dark path.
>>
>>18343214
In addition: If she seems like she is resisting your help, at least you tried to confront her about it and she won't be caught off guard. You can't force her to get help and you do have to remove yourself if she starts stealing and shit.
>>
>>18343235
OP she might be in love with you.
>>
>>18343235
>30, almost 31. She's been drinking since she was 16

what the fuck
>>
>>18343235
Tell her if she doesn't show some initiative in getting help, you guys aren't gonna stick around. If she needs help getting to AA, clinics, whatever, fine, but there are gonna be consequences to her substance abuse.
>>
>>18343235
Dear. Lord!!

Could you imagine how much experience she has? Could you imagine her riding, bouncing up and down on your cock... Your fucking COCK...

Why are you not trying to hook up with her? Or did you already? What's your one on one experience like?
>>
>>18343254

It's not really that insane to start drinking at 16 when you're an attractive eventual prom queen in high school. I had my first beer when I was 16 myself, started drinking on the regular when I was 17.

Let's not get anything confused - it's not like we're all a bunch of teetotalers. I myself am an alcoholic, but I'm getting a pass from the group on it because I handle my shit and don't get obnoxious, and I'm not killing myself.

>>18343257
I mean, that's not going to stop her. She's got her group of enablers in these shitty bar flies and is going to keep doing what she wants with a bunch of people that tell her how great she is.
>>
>>18343235
>asked /adv/ for help with her behavior a couple of times, and the consensus has been that eventually you just can't help someone who won't help themselves.

That's because /adv/ is fucking retarded and thinks throwing people away like toilet paper is always the way to go because it's the path of least resistance for these nu-males who care for naught but their own pussy-thirst and nihilism.

You absolutely can get someone forced into rehab if you're in the right state. Even if not, you can put a dumptruck of pressure on her if you tried. Hell, host an intervention! Get family members in. You can't half ass someone's mental health, you either full ass it or don't ass it at all.
>>
>>18343280
So tell me what it's like to have sex with you. Tell me how a night with you would make me blow...a million loads!!!! A million throusand
Millon
>>
>>18343270

Uhhh... well in college we fooled around a little bit, but it barely counts. It's one of those things, where people ask if men and women can be friends - yeah, I can, because even though I enjoy her company, I know all of her flaws and would never want to be in a relationship or consistently hooking up with her. It's nice to be able to walk away instead of having to tolerate someone's bullshit as a boyfriend.

Even though I don't think that was a serious comment.
>>
>>18343284
>You can't half ass someone's mental health

Anon's friend is half assing her own. Just because she's addicted to drugs doesn't mean she lacks autonomy.
>>
>>18343302
You've got to dominate this woman sexually you cuck whats the problem??? Oh my goddddddd
>>
>>18343284

We've talked about an intervention but can't get her locked into one spot for enough people to know where she is. A lot of the friends in this vacation scenario don't live here, and it's hard for me to tell her what she should be doing when it's a pot calling the kettle black scenario.

I know this sounds like excuses, but we've been working on this for months trying to get her back into a safer environment and have been dodged at every turn. She's been sleeping at some woman's house instead of her own to make sure no one can come find her consistently.
>>
>>18343312
Just shut up and fuck off back to /b/ you tard.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.