[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know you guys probably get this a lot but how do you stop loving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

I know you guys probably get this a lot but how do you stop loving a girl or at least stop feeling shit for them?
>>
You don't.
You can't.

There is nothing you can do to stop loving a girl or caring for her. However, there is stuff that might improve your life.

If other things in your life go well the unrequited love does not weight so much.
>>
think about the things you dislike about her more than the things you like, even if that makes you look like a bitch
>>
To further elaborate the situation
>Meet girl on social media
>I stay in US and she stays in France
>Talk all the time(instant messaging, video chats, calls)
>I was being distant at first but then one day she went "Can I tell you something? I think I love you."
>Took me by surprise, never heard this from a girl
>Say it back and both of us agree to meet one day
>Further down the line I realize myself getting jealous of the guys she's friends with on social media
>Tho she says she loves me a lot of guys are hitting her up and it has my imagination going wild
>Imagine I'm not the only guy she is talking to like she is
>Everyday constantly scared she'll hurt me and stalk her profile to see who she's to and if they're flirting with her
>Always jealous, nervous, mad etc etc because she talks to other men on social media but not all flirtsy
>Emotions are going crazy and head is always wondering what she's doing even tho she has assured me time and time again there is no one else and she loves me

I just want off this crazy ride. I want my life back. I tried to ignore her for a day but I broke down and had to hit her up I love her so much. Idk what to do I want my life back im tired of these feelings
>>
>>18342470
Get another girl or just wait it out.
>>
>>18342502
You will never get over your feelings for her if you are still in contact. Cut her off to save yourself.
>>
>>18342491
Putting some distance and eventually realizing there was nothing special about that person. Eventually someone better comes along and I wonder what I ever saw in past girls.
>>
>>18342502
There is literally no point of having a relationship so long-distance, especially if you never even met irl. DOUBLY so if it has you nervous/jealous/buggin out.
Idk how you can love someone through a screen only, so thats a tough one.
>>
>>18342514
I swear I've tried you don't know how hard it is. It's like she knows what I'm thinking. One day I was gonna do it and like 10 minutes after I had the thought she texted "I love you". Out of no where. It's maddening. I'm trapped
>>
>>18342644
Be desperate.
>>
>>18342649
so block her number and social media accounts.
>>
>>18342649
Just tell her how you feel honestly it will lead to an end easier if you preface your decision with conversation about it and let it sit for a while.
>>
>>18342662
I'll feel bad, regret it, and never get any closure. It's not that easy.
>>
>>18342675
I'll try this...
>>
>>18342683
Yeah man. Honestly this situation seems like it aint worth it. Too long distance, not enough trust, it seems all around unhealthy, I'd imagine for both of you. You can still love her and move on, if you can let her go. But if you do love her and respect her you need to be real and level with her about it.
>>
>>18342677
Closure is not a real thing. You're just finding excuses not to do it. You'll feel bad for some time no matter what you do. But you're feeling bad now, right? And by doing nothing you're just making sure this feeling will last for a very long time, possibly indefinitely.

If you really want closure, whatever you think that means you can talk to her and tell her that this relationship has become an issue for you and that you're going to block her. Then block her. But seeing how things are I'm willing to bet that she'll just convince you not to do it and things will remain as they are.
>>
>>18342470

The short and sweet answer is time, focus on yourself and your future and eventually she will become a fond distant memory.
>>
>>18342677
>>18342705
What he says is kinda true. I do believe closure exists to a degree, but it will never be totally closed until you have long been past it. It will hurt to say goodbye. It will be hard. You will wonder where she is, if she's moved on, if she's fucked other guys for comfort even. You will miss her. It will feel like an option to return to, it won't just feel over and done with, it won't be wrapped up nicely. But I think there is a right way to do it and a wrong way, and including her in conversation about it is definitely the right way.
>>
>>18342691
>>18342705

Thank you guys....its gonna be hard but everyone is speaking a hard truth. The first step is embracing the hard. I'm ready.

I'm not blocking her but I will detach myself emotionally from this the best way I can and that's by focusing on work and school...I know this is just one of many phases of my life ill get over and look back saying how stupid it was.

In order for change to occur one must get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
>>
>>18342734
>detach myself emotionally from this the best way I can and that's by focusing on work and school
I know it's emotionally complicated, but build your life up, treat yourself well, make your environment very healthy. Socialize a lot. You'll need your friends' support during this in all likelihood. And I know you love her and all that, but other girls can help you get past this. When you are ready. You have to make that jump when the time is right. You might not feel ready, you just have to think.
>In order for change to occur one must get comfortable with being uncomfortable
Exactly my man. It's not gonna be enjoyable. There is no hope for what you want down this avenue. It's just the right decision for you. As a person. Knowing that, you have to walk the walk.
Think of it like quitting smoking. Ofc no one wants to quit. You get comfort from it, you love it, you are dependent upon it. But it's not good for you. And walking away will be hard, you will be drawn back from within and externally. But you have to think logically and put your foot down.
>>
>>18342470
Crushes come and go, wait it out and get a hobby in the meantime.
>>
why don't one of you go to the other? you can't have started the relationship with no intention of doing so. tell me you didn't start a LDR just to always be far away from the person you love?
>>
>>18342734
Smoke pot and jack off thinking about her desu baka senpai!
>>
>>18342502

>an ocean between you

yeah, not happening. this isn't hollywood. get your head out of your ass and cut her off.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.