[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>graduate from college >no job lined up >no resume even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1493916166802.png (88KB, 568x548px) Image search: [Google]
1493916166802.png
88KB, 568x548px
>graduate from college
>no job lined up
>no resume even created

I dunno what to do desu im just spinning in this chair
>>
>>18342357
Took me a year before I found something. Actually that's a lie. I haven't found anything but the military.
>>
>>18342359
How old were you when you joined?
>>
>>18342357
How old are you OP? Just curious. Because I'm 24, still in college and can't get a job. I just wanna be a neet and drink and overdose myself to death desu.
>>
>>18342357
>no resume even created
That's the first step.
>>
>>18342359
I wish the military would take me but they said no because of my anxiety diagnosis from 2013 even though I've been off the medication for years.
>>
>>18342367
>>18342368
i dont know how to make one
>>
>>18342380
There's, like, a billion templates online. Just follow one of those, but edit it a bit to make it look original.
>>
>>18342363
Haven't yet. Need to lose 9 more pounds, but I've lost 27 so far so it shouldn't be too hard.
>>18342371
This is why I didn't let my psychiatrist prescribe me anything.
>>18342380
You'll get a ton of flak for this, but don't take it seriously. I asked my parents how to right a cover letter and they said
>Ha! I dont even know what that is! I never had to write one
And then walked away. Shit sucks if your parents won't help you where you need it.
>>
>>18342388
i dont even know where to start
>>
What the fuck do colleges teach anymore?

>inb4 op majored in Art
>>
>>18342371
>I wish the military would take me but they said no because of my anxiety diagnosis from 2013 even though I've been off the medication for years.

This is why I won't go see a psychiatrist even though I probably could use some help. The stigma will fuck you up more than living with whatever my issues are.
>>
>>18342392
you deserve to be a neet
>>
>>18342392
Literally copy and paste one from the internet and replace the info with your own. Wow.
>>
>>18342371
>>18342390
>>18342426
Only in the military will a person get punished for seeking help for a problem they have. Did me in too.
>>
>Graduate from college
>No job lined up
>Get fed up of not working
>Use skill from college to make a business out of
>Become self employed
>Become relatively successful
>Have to start hiring others
>Have a crack team assembled
>Only missing a designated chair-spinner
>No applicants, and the applications that do come in don't list chair-spinning on their resume

I guess you can't have everything.
>>
>>18342508
What benefits do you offer professional chair-spinners?
>>
Sounds pretty nice.
>>
>>18342475
Ha no, that's a disqualifier from many fields. No one wants to put people like us into professional positions. Maybe you should of thought of that before you got sick.
>>
>>18342380
1. Contact info (name, address, phone, email)
2. Objective, one sentence: Currently seeking entry level jobs in industrial automation and engineering, for example. You can omit this pretty easily if it doesn't fit.
3. Education: Degree, major, minor, gpa. No high school.
4. Relevant experience: most recent first, include really relevant classes, internships, clubs, groups you participated in
5. References, but you should get three general letters of reference and scan them, and submit them with your resume. If you can't, list three references here.

Keep it to one page.

Now, imagine that you've got the position advertisement on your left and your resume on the right, your cover letter is how you link the points in the advertisement (use keywords from the advertisement) to your resume. Use keywords so your job application shows up in a search in their CRM or whatever they use for that. Also, specific facts like, "Based on what I experience, I'm really interested in machine level controls, and I recognize that Brock Solutions is a leader in this field," for example.

And that's how you apply for a job.
>>
>>18342508
I'm a master at ship-spinning, can I apply the experience from that to chair-spinning?
>>
>>18343068
No
>>
>>18342392
Jesus fucking Christ kid. You have the fucking internet in front of you.
>>
>>18342392
4 years in college and you cant use google. What an idiot
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.