[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you do when life is closing in and you're tapped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2017.png (369KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2017.png
369KB, 620x368px
what do you do when life is closing in and you're tapped?

>26
>took fucking years to finish degree and graduate due to crippling depression
>finish school
>can't find a job for an entire year after hundreds of applications and cover letters
>couldn't get anything even remotely close to what I want(basically just a job in my fucking field)
>every position is a scam, "sales rockstar, unlimited potential, our top employees are making 6 figures"
>get really desperate
>work for LITERALLY for free for 4 months doing telemarketing just to get something on my resume
>finally land two job offers
>accept one, turn down the other
>job I accept turns me down last minute
>back to being jobless. 2 years now.
>just got a job I could have got right out of hs working for minimum wage with fucking retarded idiots

not one thing has gone right or as planned in my life. I've been seriously considering jumping off a parking lot building for the last few weeks. It just seems like my only solution. Almost a year and a half with no relevant jobs my degree is a paperweight.
>>
You're not entitled to a job just because you have a degree. You fucked yourself over by sitting on your ass for two years because "muh degree"; two years of doing nothing is a huge red flag to employers.
>>
>>18338276
>what do you do when life is closing in and you're tapped?

You're just going to get a lot of non-answers here, /adv/ has no good advice.

If it helps I'm pretty much in the same position as you and I have less than £1K in the bank.
>>
>>18338286
>Case in point

/adv/ is absolute shit for advice other than "no gf help I virgin". Even then it still sucks.
>>
>>18338286
>>18338286

I worked for free position within a few months of graduating as stated in the op. I only quit because I no longer had the money to pay for the gas to go there everyday.

That being said. Your post isn't advice at all.
>>
>>18338314

You're right...I'm not sure what I expected.

>>18338294

tell me your story anon. misery loves company. Why couldn't you get a job? What degree?
>>
>>18338276
You either accept that life doesn't care for plans and sometimes - often, even - you are given the long road or you do indeed kys like an idiot child not getting his shiny right nao(!).

Continue applying for jobs, but while doing so if your current place of employ is actually full of retards you should find it trivial to be a valued team member who rises to the challenges of that job. Which is in itself worthwhile experience.
>>
File: 1494054784490.gif (2MB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
1494054784490.gif
2MB, 400x359px
>>18338286
>>18338294

What ?
I've been thinking that /adv/'s advices weren't that bad. Are my standard that low ? Why do you think that the advices given there are bad ?
While lurking some threads (mostly those about neet that want to turn their lifes around or virgins that want to get better socially), the advices I see doesn't sound that bad.

Is there a better place to have advice (clearly yes, but want your opinion), what are you expecting when you ask for advice and why this board doesn't provide it to you ?

Asking because legit surprised. (>inb4 getting surprised for seeing mediocrity on 4chan).
>>
ask for a tarot reading over at /x/ /div/
>>
>>18338366
Pretty much this.

OP I'm in a similar position, graduated with my bachelor's degree almost 2 years ago and have yet to find a job remotely related to my field.

Your only real option is to continue applying for jobs that you want, while working a shitty dead end job. You should've been working as soon as you graduated, but there's nothing you can do about that now. All I can say is that any experience is valuable, no matter how mundane, brainless, and easy a job might be.

Good luck OP, and don't give up, life is challenging but overcoming challenges is rewarding regardless of how much you may struggle.
>>
study a useful science, basically everything else is poorfag tier. For some sciences you don't need a degree (programmer)
>>
>>18338422
not OP, but would physics or astronomy be useful?
>>
I'm the same age, same situation, worked for free, etc etc.

I also feel like becoming an hero. But I'm going to give volunteering a go for a while, then applying for graduate schemes (for that job security basically).

Hey, what have we got to lose apart from our dignity, rite?
>>
>>18338704

Where are you volunteering

How are you making an income
>>
>>18338704
>>18338704
>Hey, what have we got to lose apart from our dignity, rite?

I feel like I don't even have that left

My boss tells me I'm useless and emotionally abuses me everyday

It only heightens my suicidal thoughts
>>
>>18338372
You don't even deserve am explanation.
>>
What is your degree in?
>>
>>18338276
Jfc get a part time job and work your way up

If my little 16 year old brother can get a $11/hr job at bestbuy, you sure as shit can get one too.
>>
>>18338663
Do you plan on going into physics or astronomy?
>>
>>18339455
Do you even know how to read? OP stated that he's in shit wageslave job surrounded by retards.
>>
>>18338339
What story? Got a 2.2 in Maths 6 years ago and I'm currently rotting in a supermarket where the city workers and the beautiful people shop.
>>
>>18339461
yes but I'm afraid that it'll end up turning into a waste of time if I can't find a job.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.