[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have practically zero knowledge of the subject, or even what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170521-135001.png (259KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170521-135001.png
259KB, 1080x1920px
I have practically zero knowledge of the subject, or even what specifically it is I want overall, but I really want to start getting into coding and all the fun, anonymous, finagling, and sleuthing that can be done with it. I'm also interested in its practicality, and making useful functional applications and scripts (or whatever coding encompasses, the broader the better). As of right now, I only have my phone (HTCA9, Android 6.0) and nothing else. I'm also interested in what type of device I should get besides my phone (whatever computer and software/hardware is best friendly for discreet coding(I'm not familiar with Linux either, I know, I'm a big-time pleb)). Because I also want to start getting good with electrical engineering (self-teaching everything here) and being able to take apart computers and tech and rebuild to repair or make into other devices. For that, I'm interested in what good, disposable and/or cheaper devices/computers would be best.

Basically, I want it so I can be able to be invisible and be able to know how to access other devices/fix/alter their functions. Nothing malicious either. But if this world goes to shit soon, and even not, it's the best skill I can think to have besides general survival, which I'm G2G on this.

I've downloaded a few apps to my phone (3 free apps to learn c++, python, html. Is there another or better ones I should get?) Also, pic related is series of other misc apps I've gotten to hell once I get the ball rolling.

Want to know if what I've got is good, what else I can get, and any other advice that can be given in general. As I said, I'm familiar with tech, but not its internal functionality (hard and software, I'm better with hardware than soft though), and I want to know this and be able to manipulate it well.

Thanks to any and all advice in advance!

>pic related are the misc apps I mentioned.
>>
File: 1493167468344.jpg (79KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
1493167468344.jpg
79KB, 462x462px
Only one bump
>>
buy a used IBM-era Thinkpad for a couple dozen bucks and download free coding software for it
>>
>>18336608
>all the fun, anonymous, finagling, and sleuthing that can be done with it
Uhh, sounds like you have a pretty weird idea about it.

>making useful functional applications and scripts
That's closer to it. Check for the average job at mechanical turk, that's what you're most likely going to do at start.

>I'm also interested in what type of device I should get besides my phone
Any non ancient pc/laptop will do. If it runs something like Ubuntu or MacOS you got a solid combination of usability and retard-friendliness. Check the ThinkPad threads on /g/, it's a shitty laptop for portability but dirt cheap and got good Loonix support. Generally this question is for /g/.

> to take apart computers
That's pretty easy if you mean what I think you mean

> and tech and rebuild to repair or make into other devices
Woah, slow down.

>I want it so I can be able to be invisible
You can't. At best you can minimize your footprint and most ways will massively affect your comfort. Simple crap like not using social media, cloud stuff, not using the same username and noscript/VPNs/TOR is the furthest you should go, things like running a live OS and killing everything after every season and niggering wifi from neighbors is rarely worth it.

>know how to access other devices/fix/alter their functions
Like?

>c++, python, html
Solid start but doing it on a phone sounds like such a fucking pain. You'll have to familiarize yourself with the terminal for most of the stuff.

>I'm better with hardware than soft though
Give examples.
>>
>>18337555
Wouldn't go that far back. They are perfectly functional but the shitty performance will make the whole experience more annoying than it has to be. Sandy Bridge ones offer a much better price/performance balance and got sweet 16:10 options too.
>>
>>18336608
Not gonna read all this shit. You want to learn to program. Take a class on python. Then take a class on c++ or java. Then you can teach yourself anything else.
>do I have to take a class
yes.
>>
Thanks guys. Had a generally vague idea but even that was very helpful. Just wanted to know I was on the right track so it didn't feel like I was stabbing in the dark. If I'm being honest, I'm just one of those people who don't fully believe in the stability of a planet with nearly 15k nukes. And even if we don't use em, if we live in a world where we need swinging dicks like that, we're gonna go to war and kill ourselves. It's in our nature. And plus I'm pretty sure this whole thing going on is only proving that there's not much time left. Trump with Russia? Please. I live in America not far from Chicago and I'm a realist. Just want my cards ready. Only wish I went to school to get myself a bunker.
>>
>>18337887
If you're worried about nuclear apocalypse then reading some books on farming and hunting would be a better use of your time than learning to code.
>>
Get a decent laptop and wait til a course you like goes on sale at udemy.com
>>
>>18337920
As I said, I know how to survive. I want to be able to thrive.

I know all they layout of my country, I have books detailing crops and animal life, books detailing on how to decontaminate and preserve soil and water, I know how to make over 30 different shelters and I can use and compass and map well. I love camping and hiking and farming already. I need to be able to bypass security systems and and access data if I'm ever going to find the best shelters remaining. Banks vaults, government buildings, etc. Anyone planning to survive and thrive needs to know how to code and how to build useful machines and programs as well.
>>
>>18337930
Right now I'm using SoloLearn and dcoder for my compiler. But yeah, doing it on a phone sucks. Just writing the basic text generator they introduce with takes me 2-3 minutes on my phone. Ird take like 30 seconds on a computer, definitely need to get an old one like you guys are saying, MacOS or Ubuntu. This >>18337559 guy was very helpful.
>>
>>18337559
Better with hardware than software meaning I have next to zero knowledge of software other than its there and it's function. With hardware, I'm naturally good with my hands and I know the of the general components of a computer to be able to look at the board or tower and point out its major hardware. But even that not very specifically. Like I could point out the graphics card or processor, but I wouldn't know the model of the card by sight. But I'm investing in a bunch of solder and a soldering iron and looking into all sorts of cheap/decent spare boards, diodes, transistors and resistors, etc, parts to make or rebuild/repair electronics.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.