[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My therapist gave me the choice of being put on medication. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: antidepressants_1673710c.jpg (18KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
antidepressants_1673710c.jpg
18KB, 460x288px
My therapist gave me the choice of being put on medication. I'm scared and I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to become reliant on medicine but it seems like its something that will really help me.

I've only been going to therapy for around 2 months and I'm about to go do a evaluation to see if I qualify for being put on meds. I'm not sure entirely what I should do.
>>
Do you trust the process? Do you trust your therapist?
>>
>>18335791
What kind of meds if it's for like ADHD or whatever you can find alot of alternatives on line
>>
>>18335833
Yes I do, I just feel like if I go through with it I won't be able to get better on my own and I'll only be able to feel better under medication.
>>
>>18335844
Anti anxiety and/or anti depression.
>>
>>18335846
Extremely valid, Anon. You need to address your therapeutic goals and a reasonable timeline to get off your medication before you start taking it. Taking psychiatric medications for the rest of your life is like having a bandaid that you can't take off.
>>
antidepressants arent addictive in the dopamine sense. its more like if you stop them it gets harder to deal with negative thoughts and you'd rather keep taking them than deal with it. but if you have practiced well enough while under them you can go through it.
>>
oh, and the way to stop them is gradually decrease the dose. unless you have dealt with the underlying issue causing your depression though you'll just get back to it.
>>
in the beginning i didn't want to take medication either but then i realized i wouldn't want to live like that so i had 2 choices either kms or medication, decided for medication and now im feeling better tbqh
>>
Really you just have to try it and way up the pros and cons. For most people the pros outweigh the cons (there not even be any cons) this is why these drugs are used... Ideally it should be a short or medium term thing until you figure out how to feel better without drugs, but many people do take them long term without problems.

Personally I would be reluctant to try any type Benzodiazepine as they seem to be quite bad in the long run https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine#Adverse_effects

SSRIs shouldn't really do you any harm though, and if you don't feel better you can just come off them without any issue.
>>
>>18335852
You'll likely be put on zoloft as it's a first line treatment for GAD with or without depression, it's okay but can cause sexual issues
>>18336033
>you can just come off them without any issue.
This is not correct though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.