[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>set friend from work up with one of my best friends a couple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: wikipedia_16x16[1].png (358B, 16x16px) Image search: [Google]
wikipedia_16x16[1].png
358B, 16x16px
>set friend from work up with one of my best friends a couple of months ago
>they haven't really hit it off and it's not going anywhere
>another friend from work keeps not-so-subtly hinting that I should set him up with my friend
>I know it's not a good idea for several reasons
How do I handle this?
>>
Say that you know for a fact that it won't work out between them.
>>
>>18335227
Then he'd ask why and I'd have to explain why. I don't want to do that.
>>
>>18335217
Just set them up anyway. Who are you to decide who will hook up with who? A god?
>>
>>18335268
Well for starters, my friend is attracted to athletic guys. The friend from work is, to put it bluntly, fat. There are other issues there too, but that's probably the biggest one.

I've known my friend for over 10 years, I know what sort of guys she likes.

>Who are you to decide who will hook up with who? A god?
Well given that I'm the one setting these people up and it wouldn't happen without me, I am a god on some level. An architect, at least.
>>
>>18335273
>attracted to
Yea, but in my experience people claim they are attracted to X, but then suddenly they found Y and boom. Love.

And who says she cant make him into athlet herself? One year to unfatten him, second year to forge his endurance, third year ring.

He wants a chance, give him one. Guys can easily unfatten themselves if they really want. They wont start crying when you insult them for being fat or start forging fat acceptance movement.

Set them up.

And bonus question for you. Describe how exactly do you set two unknown people together? What is your trick you dating architect?
>>
>>18335292
Why are you so salty about this? Why are you so invested in this?

He isn't entitled to 'a chance'. I don't owe him anything, and neither does my friend.
>>
>>18335297
then what is the point of this thread?
>>
>>18335300
Because I want to know how I can, you know, tell him that. Appropriately and tactfully.
>>
>>18335307
just tell him.
if you want a script, that's $10 per word.
>>
>>18335297
Sorry, i though you came for advice, not for conformation bias.

>>18335307
She wont like you because you are too fat for her. If you want to change, read this and good luck
>>>/fit/17018018

He is a guy. Guys can only gain from pain.
>>
>>18335314
>tfw a lot of pain but not gaining anything from it.
>>
>>18335316
Stop the self pity train. Localize source of your pain and apply logic to why it is happening. With a bit of brain power you should be able to realize what is wrong and how to work on it.

The cure may be very slow and even more painful than the original pain, but in matter of ~year you will look behind and realize that you are glad that you decided to do somethibg about it.

>only madman repeats the same thing and expects different outcome

If you want something than bullshit advice, try making your own thread and be concrete about our troubles.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.