[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 27 and I feel like I'm a used up old man and have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ITS-ROY-KEANE.jpg (36KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ITS-ROY-KEANE.jpg
36KB, 640x360px
I'm 27 and I feel like I'm a used up old man and have wasted my youth already. Anyone else overcome that feeling to have a good life?
>>
I feel that way, too. What helped is that, medically, you're a 'young adult' until you're like 40.

Best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago, second best time is now. Also, I hear your 30s is supposed to be a lot of fun. Like your 20s, but without all the awkward, depressing mistakes.
>>
>>18332754
The majority of my work colleagues are hovering around 30 years of age and look like they're really enjoying their lives with the freedom of stable income, no debts and good work life balance
>>
>>18332754
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8

In all seriousness though, happiness comes from letting go. Just be who you are without a concern for what other people think of you. If you haven't found something you'd love to do for the rest of your life as a job, figure that shit out and start enjoying your life.
>>
File: Cioran_550.jpg (192KB, 938x614px) Image search: [Google]
Cioran_550.jpg
192KB, 938x614px
>>18332754
Everyone feels like that.
Regardless of what you do, you will feel you wasted your life because of what you did not do. Either you do one thing or the other you will fell you wasted your life. Nothing you could have done would have changed your dread, because it is part of living itself. "Letting go," as a former poster suggest, means forgetting yourself as a self-consciousness and simply moving on just like an animal; if there is self-consciousness there is despair , that's the price we pay for being human.

You also need to stop thinking highly of "youth". We romanticize youth, and feel it should not be wasted, but every moment in your life is as unique as your youth, and each has a range of things you can do unique to the moment itself, things you won't be able to do whether you are younger or older. Considering life as a whole, the concept of a particular age to be wasted is meaningless. Wasted youth? There is nothing in youth to deserve your despair. But you will despair either you want it or not, because you're a human being and all of us romanticize the past even when it was all a vain attempt to forget we are walking towards death.
>>
>>18332754
I felt similarly after I finished school and got my degree. You've been in school for your whole life up until now, have been constantly on edge because those exams and these finals have been hounding you, trying to cram in some work experience so when you get out you can apply for a job and just let go from then on.

But the thing is as soon as the stress of constant approval leaves off, naturally you will experience exhaustion. You need a bit of time to regain your vigour of life. You're bound to overcome that feeling pretty soon if you take things a bit slower and give yourself room to breathe.
>>
>>18332955

Not OP but I like you anon. You have a clear mind and seem wise.
>>
>>18332754
I feel the same way. I'm 22 in 5 months and have been a NEET since high school. Never had a job, am out of shape, never had a gf, undisciplined, etc. My life is a mess and I don't know where to start to make it better.

I spend a lot of time regretting my past which depresses me. Feels hopeless
>>
>>18332755
>>18332955
>Like your 20s, but without all the awkward, depressing mistakes.

But you have to have made those depressive and/or awkward mistakes, otherwise you make them in your 30s without the social immunity of your 20s.

Man, I'm dying here.
>>
>>18333439
oh shiiit ur fucked lol m8
>>
>>18333501
Thanks.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.