[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you stop and think about all the embarrassing, cringey,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: head-in-the-loam.jpg (237KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
head-in-the-loam.jpg
237KB, 425x282px
>tfw you stop and think about all the embarrassing, cringey, autistic things you've done in your life

There is no worse feeling.

I want my memory erased, I want an identity change, I want to run away and never see anyone I know ever again.

Depression, physical pain etc. do not compare to the feeling of being embarrassed.

Does anyone else feel like this and how do you cope?
>>
>>18332536
You're a faggot. Stop doing that. /fpbp/thread/if i wanted a ylyl thread i would just ask for your 1rm/started with the greeks
>>
>>18332536
Someone in history could've died from shitting themselves to death
Trust me, you're not the only one who has done embarrassing shit and you certainly won't be the last, no reason to worry about it
>>
>>18332557
This post is filled with high quality memes but I have already read the Greeks and their wisdom could not help my overwhelming emotions of regret.
>>
>>18332568
with regards to what you say though. It will get better as you get older. just keep in mind that your life ultimately has no meaning and nothing you do matters. Just go on and do whatever you want. Don't be a sick cunt and start killing people or anything stupid like that though. That's just rude. People don't think about you as much as you do. I rip ass and burp constantly and have a huge circle of friends and many people who love to spend time with me. I use self-deprecating humor along with wearing my weaknesses as my shield and I get by fine with almost no regret. the key is to just keep on making mistakes till it doesn't matter. just be innocent and people won't give to fucks. and make sure you don't act like you really care what other think. that's probably the most important thing. also read reddit.com/r/theredpill
read everything on there. read the entire side bar. read every post <2016
>>
>>18332604
I was following up until TRP. How does PUA strategy relate to this?

(I've already read most of the top posts there and the side bar already)
>>
>>18332656
You clearly didn't read them very well or delve into the whole essence of what it is and how you can develop your character around a frame that is successful.
>>
>>18332665
I am continuously attempting to become better: exercise, diet, reading, learning etc.

But no matter how good a human I become I am always haunted by the mistakes I make.

Maybe I just have social anxiety. If I stutter at the cashier it will bother me all day.
>>
>>18332671
Sounds like what you have is called generalized/social anxiety. Look into anxiolotics. also just continue to subject yourself to states where you become uncomfortable and to always do so until you have become adapted to lesser things. Do you weight train? if so what are you lifts on the big 4. Phenibut could be useful so long as you are compatible with it. It gives you the charisma of a drunk without being drunk whatsoever. Just be careful to only use it every once in a while for things like job interviews/dates where you want to get laid and fuck off/etc...
>>
>>18332536
The only fucking thing you can do about that is think to yourself something that acknowledges the thought like: "Yes that happened, but that's in the past and I am ok and different now"

Psychologists have said your mind wants to focus on a thought that it isn't allowed to focus on. Like how if you try not to think of a pink elephant, it will make you think of it more.

I used to suffer from the same thoughts constantly anon. It was the only thing that stopped them.
>>
>>18332688
worst thing is trying to justify it in your head. now when I get these thoughts about what other people think about me or whatever I try to imagine the worst scenarios possible I feel like that helps
>>
Sounds like you have a shame based identity - I am the exact same way. Finding out why I feel the way I do was a big step.
https://psychcentral.com/lib/what-is-toxic-shame/
>>
>>18332536
>Does anyone else feel like this and how do you cope?

These memories are biological and there is a reason you remember them is they are necessary to your survival, or at least they were. Now they necessary to your success... or just prevention of being a complete fucking failure... in this fucked up society we live in today.

It's normally when you did something stupid that was socially not acceptable... Embarrassment. But it's the same thing as remembering when you touched a hot stove, or crossed a road and were pulled back. You might be too old to remember these things but the responses are still there. Your brain forced you to remember the situation with certain cues to prevent you repeating them, no one can tell you why if you're in the house bored thinking of embarrassing things right now. But be grateful that you have had these embarrassments so young because come your 20s it's a less forgiving world. Maybe when you were younger you did not understand it was not socially acceptable.

Like picking a snot from your nose and flicking it at someone (maybe it was socially acceptable as a 8 years old but not as 12 year old. But if you never did it again from being 8 until you were 15 years old you would soon be shunned by others who might have found it funny 7 years ago)

But here's a more grown up example. Going to a classical music concert and clapping between movements. You wait until the music is finished, then you clap. So if you go to a classical music concert alone you might make this mistake or you will be sitting there confused. At a university open day there was a single parent who insisted on clapping between movements. His daughter was clearly telling him not to clap and he made a right fool out of himself. That girl likely had to put up with a lot more shit from her father, but I refused to take a 'psycho' girl to a music concert because she was likely to do this on purpose.

You want to be careful about 'not giving a fuck'
>>
File: 1465828707128.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1465828707128.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
>>18332536
well you cant do any of that so get over it. Everybody does embarrassing shit, some more then others, some worse then others but NOBODY is exempt from it
there is at least a 95% chance nobody else remembers and if they do,again, everybody has their moments. They will define you and will help you grow as a person, learning from those mistakes. The fact that youre bothered by them is, in a way, good sign. It shows you have improved or want to. The opposite is thinking youre perfect and/or not being ashamed of things youve done and you will never grow

trees need to weather heavy thunder storms to become strong
>>
>>18332536
I definitely feel like this a lot. I'm getting better at dismissing the feelings, but I used to lie awake at night thinking of stupid things I've done or said, even things from when I was a little kid. Embarrassment is a terrible feeling, and is actually a form of anxiety. I see a therapist, which helps a lot for managing my general anxiety and with forming appropriate coping skills. Now when these thoughts come, especially at night when I'm trying to sleep, I tell myself rational counterpoints (for example, I am likely the only one who remembers that incident) and use meditation techniques to stop myself from spiraling. You certainly aren't alone, my friend. If you can't manage this on your own, ask for help. It is very painful to get help but totally worth it.
>>
>>18332536
why dwell on it when you can think back, laugh, and improve
>>
File: georgieporgy.jpg (96KB, 880x495px) Image search: [Google]
georgieporgy.jpg
96KB, 880x495px
>>1833253
> Be eighth grade me.
> School has dumbfuck celebration where kids sign up for different events.
> Teacher passes around sign-up sheet for events.
> Edgy eighth grade me writes "whatever".
> Get signed up for cheerleading.
> mfw I do the car wash in front of my whole school.
>>
>>18332536
As for erasing one's memory: I'm losing my memory, but not for what I should be losing my memory. So, I remember all the embarrassing stuff but not stuff that should be important.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.