[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you have experience with internet tests on psychological

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20150721-WA0005.jpg (73KB, 700x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150721-WA0005.jpg
73KB, 700x634px
Do any of you have experience with internet tests on psychological health?
I've been feeling terrible in the last few weeks and since I already have diagnosed depression I took a few internet tests on bipolar disorder and being suicidal, got 100% in bipolar disorder and 50% for chance of comitting suicide.
How serious should i take these and does anyone maybe have some credible tests?
>>
Yes, credible tests exist. Only caveat is you have to go to a fucking doctor to receive them. You fucking retard.
>>
>>18332410
I only want to know what's up, I don't want help I can help myself.
>>
>>18332457
>I don't want help I can help myself.

You're setting yourself up for failure.
>>
Any Internet test for bipolar is bullshit. If you truly where bipolar you wouldn't be able to perceive the symptoms of the diagnosis yourself. Bipolar can normally only be diagnosed with an accute bipolar episode, either manic or depressive (with the manic episodes the most common as ground for diagnosis by far).
If you where manic the chance of you realizing yourself are very very slight.

In any case the last person you should trust in diagnosing you, are yourself, as your cognitive functions are faulty and your ability to reason could be totally compromised.
>>
>>18332457
No one can handle mania themselves. The more episodes you go through the higher the chance for a new mania and psychosis.

If I remember it right is the risk of new episodes over 90% after the third mania. The only hope with bipolar is an early diagnosis and hoping that you have a good reaction to lithium.
>>
>>18332492
Well aside from the tests i experience at least 70% of the symptoms mentioned in articles about borderline.
I know seeing a doctor would be the right action to take but I'd hate myself even more if I didn't do it alone, also I've had sessions with a psychiatrist after being diagnosed with depression and it was farce why'd I bisit one again? I've treated my depression by myself and was ok most of the time until a few months ago. Once i know what's up, I'll analyze and change my behavior accordingly.
>>
>>18332403
Whats the point of having a test tell you how suicidal you are? Wouldn't that be easy to gauge based on you being the person that wants to kill himself?

I agree with most of the comments. Go get a legit test done or talk to a professional. Self-diagnosing may cause more harm than good.
>>
>>18332601
>Whats the point of having a test tell you how suicidal you are?
Because at times I want to kill myself really fucking hard and other times I trivialize my problems and scold myself for being melodramatic and overreacting and that everything's pretty great.
Right now what's holding me back is not wanting to hurt my friends and family and I wanted to know if I have the potential to do it in the future, but seeing as the test's result was 50% I'm still where i began
>>
>>18332597
Most of the symptoms are difficult to acknowledge yourself. So I'm not at all impressed by your self-diagnosis. Your insistence on dealing with it yourself is retarded. Bipolar is on another level compared to MDD. You cannot handel something yourself that makes you loose your cognitive faculties. It's a bit like insisting on packing your own parachute in an alcohol blackout. You are not in control, and the part of you in control is retarded.

With help 25% of sufferers of bipolar kill themselves. It is much higher without help.

I don't even know why I bother writing this. You are an idiot that believes a test can give percent chance of you killing yourself. And you almost surely just have depression (that you obviously can't handle). It's not like I can do anything good for you over 4chan, when you insist isolating yourself from proper help.
>>
>>18332625
Would you have killed yourself if the test had given you a 100%? Would you start feeling good if it said 0%?
>>
>>18332663
Not immedeatly. It might have given me peace knowing that at some point I'll have the guts.

>>18332647
I don't want to argue about it. You're propably right and I'm sorry I frustrate you.
>>
Also how if I decide to see one how can I even find a good psychologist?
It's not like i can just ask my friends, I'd seem like a complete lunatic
>>
>>18332906
Asking friends is a fine way. There is a stigma that needs to die around mental health, no one will actually judge you for seeking help. We don't live in the 40s any more.

Past that, go to your nearest hospital and ask anyone who works there, they will actually know.
>>
Also if you're going to self diagnose, at least use the DSM-V for whatever disorder, yesh? It's not like the standards are hard to find online.
>>
>>18332686
Hey, sorry I'm so argumentative. I'm just getting triggered hard by what you are writing.

My wife's father had bipolar and killed himself, after decades of confused fighting against any treatment. Two years ago my wife then had a manic psychosis, and when she get out of it, she fought any treatment also for a while. I got her to pull her head from her ass, and now she has it better than she properly have had it all her life.

If you have bipolar and ever get embedded in the psychiatric system against your will (which very common with bipolar) be careful with antipsycotics. They are really effective pulling people down to the earth again, but they love to prescribe them forever, and they should only really be taken a week or two. Lithium is one of the only psychiatric medicine that actually can work, without being worse than the illness.

Best of luck anon.
>>
>>18332922
I know a girl, I heard she's bipolar too but I#m not certain. we aren't close or anything, would it be ok to just talk to her out of the blue and ask her about her treatment?

>>18332926
post one if you like. I feel ashamed enough already taking these tests, I'm not going out of my way looking for specific ones.

>>18332927
that fucking sucks man, I'm really sorry for you. going through that and meeting a little smartass shit like me on the internet would trigger the hell out of me too
thanks for your words, I'll try to seek help
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.