[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad to see a therapist if you think the therapist is attractive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: genericsexyofficegirlmeme.jpg (35KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
genericsexyofficegirlmeme.jpg
35KB, 736x490px
Is it bad to see a therapist if you think the therapist is attractive?

No, I do not have any sexy pics of therapist before anyone asks. I'm just wondering what /adv/ thinks of such situations out of 98% pure curiosity.
>>
I had a therapist that was very attractive. I found it mostly annoying and distracting. Wouldn't recommend.
>>
>>18332123
I actually find ugly and old or male therapists to be more distracting.

For some reason, I feel like I can't talk to them.
>>
>>18332100
yes because you'll be distracted by her beauty instead of being in-tune with your emotions. This will negatively impact your progress as a patient. I really suggest switching to a therapist that is male.
>>
Male therapists, though. That I think more has to do with me being intimidated by them in the context of a therapy session.

I always seem to see a good therapist (i.e. not some crazy Freudian quack or something) as being a lady. Usually a young to upper-middle-age lady. Makes no sense to me, but that's how it is.
And if I try to talk to a fat or ugly lady (especially one who is young) I get this distracting fear that she might be attracted to me or worried about her own problems (especially fat girls)... or something.
A young attractive girl makes me feel like she won't be bothered by what I say. I can control how I feel about her and that makes me feel more in control than if I happen to be talking about relationship issues or whatever, seeing the smallest pause and wondering if she's having her own problems.

Plus I feel like I can relate to them better than older people.
Actually, I don't like her looking too young either, because it gives me a sense of inexperience... or that she might actually be single... But having her look like she might be 18 isn't really a deal breaker either.

Young-ish, reasonably attractive, sane women with a demeanor that can't be interpreted as sexual attraction are the best therapists to me. I just assume they are married or something and forget it.
>>
>>18332155
Depends how attractive she is.
>>
>>18332158
These things sound like something you should see a therapist about.
>>
>>18332161
Okay?...
What was your point again?
>>
>>18332100
I had two beautifull and young therapists and I think this doesn't made so much difference. They really helped me in my bad moments.
>>
>>18332158
You answered your own question OP. Pick a therapist that is an older woman preferably of a race that you have 0 attraction to. Good luck.
>>
>>18332173
I mean you sound narcissistic as fuck. Not everything is about you. Talk to your male therapist about it.
>>
>>18332179
I'm not narcissistic. I just said I'm intimidated by other men.
And when I'm thinking about them being attractive.. like you don't understand. I'm worrying about how they feel, not thinking about how I feel about myself. Its hard to explain.

You might be partially correct because I have been told throughout my life that I am attractive. But I am not narcissistic... When I have problems, I use my positive traits to say there must be something else wrong with me......
Occasionally, I'll even beat myself up over thinking I'm being narcissistic, which to me seems like an important reason why I should try and pick a therapist who can help me not get distracted this way.

>>18332174
>>18332177
I like these two answers. I did indeed answer my own question.
Thanks.
>>
>>18332100
Emotional attraction to a therapist is almost inevitable, since you are so emotionally naked before her. In fact, it is so inevitable that it is often part of the therapy process. It's called "transference" and by exploring that emotion the shrink can often uncover important things about your thinking/feeling.

So, rather than quitting, tell her about your attraction and see where it takes the therapy
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.