[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 4k in savings i need 15k to start my web company/advertising/living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1489631662007.jpg (106KB, 736x856px) Image search: [Google]
1489631662007.jpg
106KB, 736x856px
I have 4k in savings
i need 15k to start my web company/advertising/living while i'm advertising my company.

Tomorrow i will book a flight to anchorage then to kodiak island to find a job on a salmon boat.

How likely am i to die homeless and cold in 4 months after nobody hires me and i cant afford to come home?

Current stats are 19 years old, no highschool, officially never worked, but unofficially worked as a handyman for 1 year.

Please tell me what work options i have available to me in alaska if fishing doesn't work out. I am scheduling the flight tomorrow after speaking to my brother and my father. If my brother agrees to buying my truck back i'll have another 1.5k
>>
>I need money
>so I'm going to go to Alaska to become a fisherman
What
>>
is it even fucking salmon season?

In any case, it's pretty shit money, and most crews don't want to take on newbies because they go out for months. I was on a crabbing boat back before those tv shows fucked everything up, and I usually barely made 40k a year. And all the off time is horrible, so you try to find more work but no one wants to hire someone who's only skillset is rigging.

Find manual labor work where you live now. Build up a portfolio and do freelance work setting up sites for local businesses, it helps expand your portfolio so if someone hires you, you can throw that at them, and also helps allow you to build a reputation.
>>
>>18331774
how did you find work on a crabbing boat? How did you start off as a greenhorn?
>>
>>18331798
back in the 80s it was a booming business, and I had family friends in it. I was offered a position and since my options were do that, becoming a box unpacker at some shit warehouse, or trying to make cash to go to college, I picked that. Did it for 8 years, made enough of a nest egg to not be in dire straits, but I still wouldn't recommend fishing/crabbing to anyone.

It's just not a fun experience, and it's not something anyone wants to do as long as you have to do it. You don't get sick days, you don't get to be lazy, you don't get to relax, ever. You have to be on point 24/7.
>>
>>18331774
>shit money
>40k

God, I envy first worlders
>>
>>18331817
too late i bought the ticket to anchorage. Leaving in 2 weeks,

RIP
>>
>I need money
>So I'm moving across the country to get a dangerous job that I have no experience in

OP, find your local recruiting center and join a service. The Coastguard if you really fancy boats. I'm not sure if every branch offers a VA loan, but I know if you joined the army and gave them 6 years, you'd have more than enough to get your shit started.

It's more practical, more likely to succeed, and it's probably just as miserable.
>>
>>18332818
I want to make money, not suck it out of the tax payers titty.

this is the beginning to my new life. If i can find work i will be happy, if not i will try and survive in the wild until next summer.
>>
>>18331996
Does lunch cost you $10?
>>
>>18331747
why dont you just take out a loan to start your business and skip the whole alaska bit? 11k over 5-7 years wont be hard to pay off, even if your business flops
>>
>>18333405
Destiny.
Hesitation to go beyond your comfort, beyond your limit, is what prevents good men from becoming great men.

Imagine, even if i find no work. The longer i stay in alaska, tretching the 2k i'll bring with me, the harder i will become.
>>
>>18331747

Buy cryptocurrencies. Ethereum if you're in it for the long haul.

You'll thank me later.
>>
>>18333460
ETH is a mess though
>>
>>18333403
Depends the kind of lunch, but it is usually more.
>>
>>18333389
If you want to make money, get your head out of your ass and look for the best available options.

Service is going to be a far better option than salmon fishing. The only people who make money doing that are the lifers. You're not gonna bring home loads of emone working on a boat for. a year
>>
>>18331747
pretty sure there's a lot of job opportunities in Alaska for those without a high school education. If you actually look, I'm sure you'll find something.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.