[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have a legal case against my ex to sue her? We got out of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: lawyer_up-8161.jpg (199KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lawyer_up-8161.jpg
199KB, 500x500px
Do I have a legal case against my ex to sue her? We got out of a 5 year relationship and I'm still really salty about all of the money I sunk into her, things like paying over $600 to get her car fixed and not fixing mine, paying for her medical bills from her apendectomy, and other various things. I also quit my job and moved to a different state for her, just for her to kick me out 4 days later. For awhile it didn't seem like I would really have a case againts anything, but I recently got her to "confess" in a text. I had asked her why she had me pay for her stuff, move and whatnot when she supposedly was unhappy with me and wanted to leave me and she said exactly this "Because I fucking hated you." Is this any kind of admission of guilt? Would I have any case against her? Or am I just being salty still?
>>
>>18331513

>Do I have a legal case against my ex to sue her?

Lol. No, you don't. None at all. Any lawyer would laugh you right out of their office.

Being a bitch and using you for your money is not an legally actionable offense, unfortunately.

You can't sue someone because you gave them gifts and then regretted it later.
>>
Assuming you are serious, I would see a lawyer...dont ask 4chan because we are autistic and give pretty generalized advice.

You have a right to be salty. Females are filled with spite and thats fucked up what happened.

Most likely I feel like since there was no written/ verbal agreement to pay back or exchange goods, she could just say it was a gift and then the case gets even harder...
>>
I had just finished watching a video about a guy who was going to take his date to small claims court for $17.31 for a movie ticket because she was "rude". That's really what sparked this idea. I thought to myself, "man I was fucked over much more by a hoe.
>>
>>18331530

Considering you made no agreements prior to paying for any of that shit, it is considered a "gift."

Anything you claim she said will be denied and argued in typical "he said, she said" shit.

But yeah, despite having no case whatsoever, I'm sure plenty of lawyers would be happy to receive $150 an hour for you not to make your money back.
>>
>>18331545
I know it probably doesn't help any, but when she admitted that the only reason she had me pay for all of that stuff and do all of that was because she hated me, she did it over facebook, so wouldn't that be 100% proof it was her? Not so much "he said she said"?
>>
>>18331554

>I know it probably doesn't help any, but when she admitted that the only reason she had me pay for all of that stuff and do all of that was because she hated me, she did it over facebook, so wouldn't that be 100% proof it was her?

You're right. That doesn't help any. There was no agreement to pay you back therefore you have zero case. She can flat out say to your face "I used you for your money" and you would still have no legal standing to sue her.
>>
>>18331554

Probably. The thing is you are looking to pay a couple grand to make maybe $1,000 bucks. Even so, you gave her the money willingly at the time.

I would be pretty surprised if you won to begin with, and you could be in and out of court for up to a year if she really wanted to play games. It isn't like her lawyer couldn't simply postpone court days over and over again.

Basically, you fucked up. You trusted someone you shouldn't have, and paid for it. Take it as a lesson to grow from.;
>>
>>18331554
You miss the fucking point.

>A: hey, dude, gimme 600 bucks, please
>B: here you go
>A: by the way I wanted it because I hate you

In what universe would you get anything back? There was no kind of agreement beyond you giving shit. She doesn't owe you anything.
>>
IANAL but she could have a much better case for suing you, than you suing her. Have you lived together? If so you could have had a marriage-like relationship, which could force you to split your property with her.
>>
Anon with a law degree who's soon to be admitted to the bar here. This is a classic gift situation. You gave her the money as a gift. Her mental state is irrelevant, it's what YOU intended to do that counts. Property in the money passed to her, you have no legal claim to it anymore.
>>
>>18331513
You feel fucked over, rightfully so. This being said, a reality where you get re-funded by an ex is not where you stand. You helped pay her way out of the goodness of your own heart, not out of a contract or other mutual agreement. You were burned and that really sucks, but what she did was not against the law so there is no case here.
>>
>>18331513
Short answer: No
Long answer: No

Longer answer - anything you do for each other while in a relationship is legally considered free gift. Only if AT THE TIME she signed a promise to repay could any of it be considered a loan.
>>
File: 1396957257867.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1396957257867.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>18331609
Actual lawyer. Not sure what state you're in, but 99.99% sure you're fucked, anon.
>>
>>18331513
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.