[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tldr, went to a psychiatrist because I was raped recently. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: C91DkAqVYAAl5GG.jpg (35KB, 590x568px) Image search: [Google]
C91DkAqVYAAl5GG.jpg
35KB, 590x568px
Tldr, went to a psychiatrist because I was raped recently. I haven't lost weight since it happened, I just don't eat or sleep as much along with many other things but thats what she focused on the most. She said I'm too skinny and prescribed me Seroquel, I refuse to take it. She lied and said its for "Anxiety" and should make me gain weight/sleep. It would make me gain weight and sleep but thats about it.
Can I ask my psychiatrist to change my medication to anxiety meds?
>>
i think a lot of psychs are too willing to prescribe stuff, try treating without medication for a while
>>
>>18331051
A psychiatrists' main goal is to prescribe meds and monitor their effectiveness. As a result, some might pay little care to your feelings.

My suggestion would be to see a psychologist for therapy and get the meds from someone else, such as your PCP (they can prescribe psychotropic meds too).
>>
>>18331065
>some might pay little care to your feelings
This is awful. I literally get headaches/nausea already and she tried to give me shit that has headaches/nausea as a side effect.
What a piece of shit
>>
>>18331077
I don't mean to dismiss the profession, I'm sure most psychiatrists are good, but others get money from pharm companies to peddle their meds which influence what they give you. I only wish to add checking the reviews before making appointment might do you some good.
>>
>>18331051
>Can I ask my psychiatrist to change my medication to anxiety meds?

You could.

But other anon might have a point.

If you feel you ABSOLUTELY need them, then go ahead and take them. That is your prerogative and none of us can tell you how to live your life.

But imo you should attempt to see a psychologist or therapist before you go straight for the drugs.

I'm not saying drugs are bad, my girlfriend's recently been on some anxiety meds (for reasons not too dissimilar to your own, except in her case it happened when she was a child, and she's gone this long without them pretty well, but a new birth control has caused a lot of triggers to reappear) , and there are definitely plus's and minuses.

The one thing she says she absolute hates is how much slower she feels. The one thing she loves is she's starting to think this might be more what "normal" feels like after not having felt it for so long (it's been like almost two years since the BC Implant, aaand they said it would level out after like a year or so, but it's still fucking with her :/ )

Don't punish yourself unnecessarily, but don't shy away from at least considering all the options.
>>
Please describe what happened to you in excruciating detail.

I need it for my research.
>>
>>18331102
Me too, I need a good fap sess -- I mean research.
>>
>>18331093
She gave me more problems than I already had to begin with. I am not fucking taking Seroquel.
>>
I was prescribed seroquel when i was depressed, it helped me sleep and I did not gain any weight bc of it. Having said that, if you dont trust your psychiatrist, go to a new one. I had to switch psychiatrists 3 times b4 i found one that actually helped, and I'm fine and healthy 4 years after finishing my treatment with him. you dont have to stick to the shitty ones. Good luck!
>>
>>18331065
This is good advice. You don't need to strictly get meds from a shrink, there are other avenues, and a shrink who immediately throws pills at you is a really shitty shrink. Consult your GP for meds, and change shrinks until you find one who isn't a drug company's bitch and isn't just throwing substances at the problem hoping it'll go away.
>>
>>18331225
>throwing substances at the problem hoping it'll go away
I dont think she cares about it going away. Just selling meds.
I hope something like this happens to her someday so she knows what its like. Too bad she wasn't raped instead.
>>
>>18331282
>I hope something like this happens to her someday so she knows what its like. Too bad she wasn't raped instead.
Whoa now. If you feel THAT wronged by her you could report her. There's probably an ethics board with local jurisdiction that could look into it but I personally don't think anything would come of it. Still, I understand you're hurt but that's a pretty harsh thing to say about someone for being selfish.
>>
>>18331349
>Thats a pretty harsh thing to say
Not when she can go home and live her life while I can't. She was worse than selfish.
>>
>>18331051
It is for "anxiety" but from my own experience it had no effect. SSRI's don't work for all people. Is your anxiety in short bursts such as panic attacks or is it all the day ? If you don't mind what is your BMI ?
>>
>>18331051
Look up cortisol anon. Strees really impacts your liver and pancreas.
Your adrenalglands aswell.

They will fuck up insuline production. I'd recommend cleaning up your diet. You'll be suprised on how much it helps, with meds your getting a superficial fix as oppose to dealing with a root cause that is not only emotional but physical aswell and diet plaus a huge roll.

I recently had alcohol withdrawls that where bad enough to give me DT's and a seizure (wasn't a alcoholic, just a extensive drinker who quit cold turkey) turns out during the withdrawl i fucked everything up. Was litterally having mental breakdowns out of nowhere for no reason about 2-3 times a day till i cleaned up my diet. I'd watch a youtuber named eric berg (nutritionist) . Really informational and helped me get over allot of problems i had even hypoglycemia. Fuck doctors and psychiatrist. They don't help with shit but giving meds!
>>
>>18331621
>Is your anxiety in short bursts such as panic attacks or is it all the day ?
All day every day
>BMI
I think this is really irrelevant and she was just focusing on my weight so much so she could prescribe me Seroquel.
>>18331696
>Fuck doctors and psychiatrist
You did that to yourself dude.. this isn't even the same category. Eating healthy and watching youtube videos will not get rid of flashbacks and many other things
>>
>>18332028
I didn'tthink i was going to have them and quit cold turkey after only 1 year because of friends mam.
Secondly, i would rather be raped then go through alcohol withdrawls again (not even a joke) and you should really look up what im telling you instead of being closed minded. I was told i had severe anxiety because of this crap. Go three days to a week wishing you where dead multiple times a day for hours on in with physical pain and a heart attack nearly creeping in, go through 10 hours of sleep in one week because of insomnia, then go and a have a seizire that kept you up for 48 hours because you where too scared to sleep...
>>
>>18332028
Also, you assume way too much, i never said anything about them being the same, i said look up cortisol and adrenal glands
>>
>>18332028
Ask for Valium thats what I use for all day anxiety but be aware it can be a slippery slope.

Your BMI (I'm 18.5 for contrast) isn't that bad at all and i agree with exactly what you said.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.