[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a high school student and my group of friends usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: uab0w7ndjquy.jpg (70KB, 787x735px) Image search: [Google]
uab0w7ndjquy.jpg
70KB, 787x735px
I'm a high school student and my group of
friends usually like to joke around with each
other, but recently they've been ganging up on
me a lot more with jokes and insults. Some
really aren't even funny and they still laugh at
me. They tell me I look like a "typical school
shooter" and that they don't want me hanging
around them. Whenever I don't laugh at their
jokes they either say "Oh shit he's gonna shoot
up the school don't provoke him" or "he's
gonna kill himself". A lot of the jokes are about
the fact that I'm gay, which I'm still struggling
to accept about myself. I usually can take a lot
of insults being thrown at me but this is a lot.
I'm kind of an emotional person and have
depressed from this kind of stuff from my
friends before. I know I probably sounds like
I'm stressing too much but what do you guys
think? Are they being serious and actually don't
like me? If so, what should I do about this?
They're my only friends and I don't really
wanna lose them.

Thanks in advance for the help
>>
They actually don't like you, because you're a narcissist who wants all the attention and that's why you think you're gay. TYPICAL highschool situation by the way. You're not gay, you're a sociopath. Just don't think about to much, and stop being a fag, and I'm sure you'll be fine. DO go down the fag path and there's plenty of aids, half-hearted relationships with other narcissist people like you, and a whole lot of secret hatred for trying to defend your right to be an asshole. Either way you reap what you sew.
>>
>>18331005
Try to joke back. If they laugh it off you're still good with them and might be able to talk to them about toning it down. If they suddenly get all serious and call you out for the defense, get away from them, they aren't your friends, at least not anymore.

>>18331012
Not OP but what the hell is wrong with you? Go be an asshole somewhere else, like /b/, /r9k/, or maybe even /pol/ for the homophobia.
>>
>>18331030
I speak truth! BE WARRY OP! OR YOU WILL END UP LIKE THIS FAG! DO NOT GO DOWN THE GAY PATH! Or you'll be a loser telling people they're homophobic because that's the only defense the narcissist has!
>>
>>18331044
>>
>>18331012
Idiot.

>>18331005
Unfortunately, 95% of high school aged kids are complete dumbasses. See quoted post above.

If you want them to quit picking on you, you have to stick up for yourself at some point. As soon as these little shitheads perceive any kind of weakness they will start swarming like sharks in the water.

Tell them to fuck off, get physical with one, or verbally berate them - the point is you have to show them you're not to be fucked with, and it's not cool to joke about that shit.

If they think you're too soft to do anything about it, it will only get worse
>>
File: 1376686497642.gif (2MB, 310x175px) Image search: [Google]
1376686497642.gif
2MB, 310x175px
>>18331005

>but recently they've been ganging up on
me a lot more with jokes and insults

High school is supposed to be terrible. Everyone in high school is terrible. That's how high schoolers come to terms with their own insecurities; by making fun of other people. As long as people are making fun of you the spotlight isn't on them. Nothing that happens in high school matters.

Literally a week after you graduate you will forget everything that ever happened.

>I'm kind of an emotional person

Everyone in high school is emotional. You're all hormonal children. Seriously, none of this matters. After graduation you'll never see any of these people again. I know its hard to accept this right now because you're young and everything that happens to you is the most important thing thats ever happened but you'll look back at high school in a few years and laugh at how silly you were for taking any of this seriously.

I know that doesn't help now but, still, its important to know. We were all emotional wrecks in school. Thats kind of what growing up is for.
>>
>>18331005
Look them back into the eyes and tell them
"If I am a school shooter, you probably want to make me feel comfortable, so I would probably spare your lives if I snap"
>>
>>18331048
I'm too bored to find my own response...
26 For this cause God gave them up unto fag affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward faggotry, men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was cock. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a furfag/brony/etc, mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
(Aids is not convenient folks... )
>>
>>18331005
Either find actual friends or isolate yourself from everyone else. These people do not see you as a friend, they see you as just another person to exploit for entertainment.

Although >>18331012 is an asshole, I do feel that you're most likely going to have better luck finding friends if they are either women or also gay seeing as this is high school.
>>
>>18331053
...Are you seeing this?
"Tell them to fuck off, get physical with one, or verbally berate them"
This is MIDDLDE SCHOOL tactics. All this will get you is further isolation....I never said continue to be picked on, I said stop being a fag... which is the opposite of what this person is saying
>>
>>18331167
You must be in middle school. You still think being gay is bad in 2017. You're just as dumb as the retards bullying OP
>>
>>18331173
meh
>>
I was going to try and help you.
Then you revealed you were the school-shooter type. I thought, oh well, they are human beings too deep down.
Then you revealed you are gay. Damn. Here I was thinking that you were a decent person.

Wasted all this time. Damn you. You people should wear a sign or something, make you easier to avoid.
>>
OP here

>>18331012
K

>>18331030
I have been laughing some of their jokes off, but some I just don't care for and I remain quiet. They usually say they "Oh he went quiet, he's
contemplating shooting us! haha!" joke. Maybe that's just more of them being dumbasses I
suppose

>>18331053
You make a good point, but I'm more than certain if I respond in anyway, verbal or
physical, I'll still be called out with the "he's gonna shoot us!" joke.

>>18331061
I understand the sentiment, and I am aware all this shit won't matter in the future, but it's just
something that's been bugging me for awhile. These are my friends of 8+ years, however the
real instigator I met about 2 years ago. Let's call him Max. He's always, without fail, the one to start joking about me. Any other time I'm
with my two other friends in the group, I may be joked with once or twice during our entire conversation. I just think Max is the root of the
problem. Not sure what to do with this information however. Thank you for the response

>>18331068
That would just perpetuate the "school shooter" notion. Not going for that

>>18331087
I do have other friends to fall back on, it's just these two friends I have in the group have
known me for 8 or so years. Don't really want to lose them just because their friend Max will
tell them not to hang out with my because I isolate myself from him. It would be hard to do
that, considering he's always around us.
Thanks for the responses so far guys, you've given me a lot to think about so far. Also >>18331012
You're trying too hard pal. Here's your (You) that you so desperately need from me.
>>
>>18331223
>I just don't care for and I remain quiet
Your friends sound "rowdy" enough I wouldn't make a habit of that. If you banter them back and they are receptive they should stop singling you out. If you do not wish to "compete for dominance" or whatever you/they want to call it, it might be time to start looking for a new, less aggressive group to join.
>>
>>18331240
I do like the idea of bantering back at them, but I've been a bit of an introvert all my life. I've
never been good at coming up with comebacks on the spot. Any advice for this?
>>
>>18331291
Find something about each of them that probably makes them insecure.

Any of them short? Balding? Weird teeth? Wonky eye? Weird voice? Some other medical disorder?

Find that thing for each one of them and then just be as ruthless as possible.
>>
>>18331305
Well see the root of the problem is my friend, "Max". My other two friends really don't bother
me without him being around, so I think if I banter back at him to shut up, that might shut
the rest of them up. Max is a ginger, pretty damn short, and is tech savvy (Not a hipster by
any means though). Anything I can do with this? I never really liked making fun of people,
so I find it hard to come up with anything other than "you're a short ginger" to insult him with.
>>
Protip: They are not your friends
>>
>>18331324
Ask him if his pubes are ginger too. When he confirms (he really dont need to) say that is cute that his penis mirrors him - short and ginger. When he calls you a fag for showing interest in his junk, tell him that you are strictly into humans. But out bantering can be though and things can turn you in an instance.

Just get your other mates one on one and work on ostracising him from your group. You could even lie. Just make should you didn't get caught setting him up.

My last and best tip would be to assault Max. Beat him down from behind, and thrash him. Then threaten to rape and/or kill him if he doesn't start treating you respect and keep quite about the assault.
>>
my advice is to always go along with the joke (but don't do anything that will get you in legal trouble). if people say something that's meant to be funny at your expense, it's important that you at least act like it's kind of funny, but definitely act as if it doesn't bother you in the slightest and operate under the assumption that it's all in good fun and they don't mean anything by it. even if you KNOW this isn't the case and it's not even close to being funny.

this position will put you so far above their frame of mind you won't even believe it. you will seem to exude confidence. when someone insults you and you see past the attack and enjoy the comment for the humor in it, you will be getting the same amount of pleasure in being made fun of as they get making fun of you. it doesn't even matter if you really feel it, nobody will know the truth they'll just see how cool you are about it.

they'll probably take advantage of this and make fun of you a lot because there are no consequences. good--when college comes around you will have come to terms with every possible source of self-consciousness. you will be funny, and be able to take a joke without freaking out. the kids who picked on you will not transition as easily.
>>
>>18331432
>it's important that you at least act like it's kind of funny

This is shit advice.

I was in a group of friends, where one guy got teased really roughly for being a virgin. I was virgin too but I never got any shit for it, as the first time anyone tried to pull that shit on me I disengaged totally. The other guy did like it at all, but he always tried to be diplomatic and smile when the other started ripping on him. That only spurred them on.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.