[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>manager pulls me aside today >looks at me angry and asks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 8a4.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
>manager pulls me aside today
>looks at me angry and asks 'do you think you can do this job?'
>'you are risky to the business, you are a liability, I will lose my license to do _______ and ______ etc etc'
>I ask her 'so do you think I shouldn't be here?'
>she says 'I am starting to think this yes'
>after berating me some more tells me to go upstairs and take a 5 min break
>mfw I got back home today from work

Has she threatened to fire me?

I work in a crown post office, basically a main branch in the city centre.

I just started this job a month ago and was told I would get really good training and someone to sit beside me and guide me through everything for the first two weeks. But I never did, because we're badly understaffed, or my manager doesn't give a fuck, and probably both those reasons.

This is really fucking awful, I constantly feel like I am treading on egg shells around her, its making me stressed and worried. She seems really exasperated and impatient with me, whereas I get on well with the assistant manager who steps in when the other is busy. I feel like the assistant manager actually 'manages'. I acknowledge I have fucked up a bit but I have no problem with being pulled over, being told I've made a mistake, why its a mistake, and what I should do next time so I can write it in my little note book I keep for next time.

I've just joined a union because I am genuinely worried about my job security. What else should I do? I am in the fortunate position in that I work two jobs, so if I get dismissed I do have something to fall back on.
>>
Oh and just to add, whilst she had pulled me over and was doing this, another colleague walked past, and she stopped talking and waited for the colleague to be out of ear shot before continuing.
>>
>>18330928
Did you do something wrong that was clearly your fault? Was it the first time making a mistake or have their been repeat offenses?

Is this job better than your second one?
>>
>>18330961
it pays better but is a lot harder and more complicated.

Some of these 'mistakes' are mainly just bad habits that other colleagues do as well. And I make more mistakes when she breathes down my neck, as it gets me stressed and worried. Just little mistakes like forgetting to hand the receipt to the customer, or doing things in a different order to the way she would do it.
>>
>>18330928
Be alpha and learn how to not give a fuck. Your manager is obviously sociopath. Do not give a fuck.

Next time just ise phrases like
>yes sir
>no sir
to give them feeling you are scared and then keep doing your job. If they are standing behind you, tell them it makes you unconfortble and lowers your productivity.

Cheers!

And stop posting pepe memes.
>>
Is this the full story? Also why would you sit there and take that if she was in the wrong, you should have stood up for yourself.
>>
If she doesn't think you should be there, but doesn't fire you, she is either a shit leader or she needs all hands on deck. In the last case you will be let go as soon as she feels like she is out of the rapids.
>>
Life isn't easy. These situations are normal and a grown up adult can handle them.

Sleep, focus and give your best. And don't cry when people are shitheads, it's normal and shouldn't bring you down.
You can handle working in a fckn post-office, no? Adapt quickly and do things correctly.
>>
>>18330928
If you aren't leaving out important detailsyour boss is a cunt. I've managed people before and this isn't how things are supposed to be done.

Also- this isn't some mom n pop operation. You're at a post office. Is there no chain of warnings set forth by HR? As in verbal warning, written, suspension, termination? She can't just skip over that shit, can she? You're being very vague- what did you do so terrible she could lose her license? Shit doesn't work that way, afaik. Does she... OWN the post office? This is confusing as fuck.

It'll be ok kiddo. You'll get through this. Get that $$, and don't sweat her bitchass.
>>
>>18330928
you fucked up by joining a union
>>
File: Getting Real.jpg (43KB, 480x678px) Image search: [Google]
Getting Real.jpg
43KB, 480x678px
u r faggot
>>
>>18331368
kys
>>
>>18330928
Shit manager pushing her own incompetence on others. If she's not giving you a goal to meet and resources to meet them or at least a channel to those resources, she's not doing her job. It's not your job to tell her how to be a better manager though but to make things easier throw her a bone and offer to make an effort to improve if she lays out what her expectations of you are or how you are failing to meet them. Or go to her boss and do say your manager is saying you're not performing well but hasn't made clear what you're doing wrong and you need that to improve. If your manager can't answer exactly what you're doing wrong, she's just venting on you because she hates your face or something. That shit is grounds to file a grievance.
>>
>>18331359
the post office in the UK is now a retarded corporate privatised shit show, rather than the public service it used to be.

I heard there were a few people before me who worked there for a short period before leaving, and I do wonder why they left.
>>
>>18331307

>yes sir
>no sir

Fuck yes, Vimes your way out of the situation, it's going to be epic
>>
>>18331307
This
>>
>>18330928
Talk privately to the sympathetic assistant manager. "Mrs X was on my case the other day for making so many mistakes, but most of them come from my never being told the right way to do it. Can you take a little time to teach me how to do ___ and ___?"
>>
>>18330928

If you weren't trained properly, I'm asuming they don't have any paperwork related to the training?

Or did they just pull a "sign here to say I did this" shit on you?

Send an email higher up about the lackluster training, and about how your job has been under threat since day one.

Everyone always says "keep your head down at work, avoid trouble", but in my experience, trouble will find you no matter what.

The only way to stop people going after your job, is to make sure they are too busy defending their own.

Take things higher up, threaten to get a solicitor.

>>18330951

This should have been done in private, there should have been absolutely no chance of another colleague overhearing this.

This does constitute as workplace bullying, and a hostile working environment.
You need to ask this colleague if they overheard anything and include this in your email to the corporate HQ.

>>18330991
>Some of these 'mistakes' are mainly just bad habits that other colleagues do as well.

If these colleagues are not being given the same treatment, you can also add discrimination to the list of charges.

Essentially, you want to force her under investigation.

From now on keep notes of everything she says and does to you. Ask for copies of everything you are asked to sign. Have a union rep with you at all times.

The only way to safegaurd your job, is to push her out of hers.

I'd know, I was one of the top performers in my workplace but it didn't stop them coming after me, or trying to prevent me from having union representation.

It was only after I went after them that they backed off. Over one year now, without being called into the offices.

Apparently, hard work isn't enough now, you have to be prepared to play office politics too. Which sucks, and has pissed me off greatly, to the extend where I don't believe in such a thing as "playing dirty". They force me to play there shitty game, then nothing is off-limits.
>>
>>18332636
>Or did they just pull a "sign here to say I did this" shit on you?
yup, but it was my assistant manager that did this and I feel she actually 'manages' me and is there to help me. She told me I can ask the same question 1000 times and she won't mind which made me feel better.
>>
>>18330928
You're making way to much of this. If you're doing a good job and she fires you then that's her fault and you can explain that to your next employer. All you need to do is ignore her constant nagging ass and do your job, and prove your an asset to the company by your work. It's still a free market economy, and if you've proven you're an asset you'll be kept until you prove your not an asset. It's that simple. Just don't lie about it, and if you don't like that job get a new one, you're free to do so. I do understand the union thing though. I'm union. That might actually be part of the problem: she hates you but knows you joined a union so she can't fire you. Unions will not defend you on certain terms though. if you prove to be incompetent they have their hands tied. Just know this: acting lazy and having a bad attitude is letting her win. This is to get PAID, not a charity service, and if your fired for something stupid everyone will know it, but if she's trying to get you to act out of line, and you do, then she has justification.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.