[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help, faggots. I have a friend that thinks he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nv3qg08gP51rlv2xno1_400.jpg (21KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv3qg08gP51rlv2xno1_400.jpg
21KB, 300x232px
I need help, faggots.

I have a friend that thinks he's too fucking intelligent, he's arrogant to all of us. Or simply, asshole.

This one is specific, and I don't know how to deal with him. He's my one of best friends. (that's now maybe weird, but he was my best friend before he started with assholery.)
We're in high school, and when it's rest time we hike around the school and we talk about random things, then there is the moment when he asks me something , and when I say I don't know or when I make mistake he says:
"Go kill yourself." , "You are retarded." , "You're stupid." , ''Your IQ number is my shoe number.''

And for his fun, when I don't know something, on purpose he asks me things he knows I couldn't answer, just to "laugh" his ass of. He's being idiot more when someone else is around.

Call me a bitch or whatever you want, but those words that he says hurt me, because I know he thinks that seriously.

I don't know where to find help except here. I'm on 4chan for a long time and I know there are some smart people here who can tell me how to deal with this guy. At least some comebacks or anything. He can destroy your whole day in the second.

Help me, please.
>>
>>18330526
I dont know also, well try beating him up?
>>
>>18330526
Talk to him about it earnestly and privately about how it makes you feel. If that doesn't work, cut or reduce your contact with him. Remember, people can change overtime, don't let legacy trap you in a toxic friendship.
>>
>>18330526
Remind him that he might know more than you in certain things, you two are both in high school, so the only way to actually prove that he is much smarter than you is by intellectual achievements at the scale of USAMO, or inventing something, or writing a decent book, not just some simplistic kid puzzles or knowledge of the trivia. Did he achieved any of those things? if he said he is smart but not motivated (the go to excuse of average people), you said you can claim the same thing. So, at best he is slightly smarter than you, and if you are a retard, that still makes him a retard or borderline. More importantly, use this as a motivation to do better than him in school. Get into better college.

Honestly I have never been in your situation, but I can imagine it is pretty scary if Gauss or John von Neumann act like your friend at your age. As a kid, they would effortlessly demonstrate their vast superiority over a normal kid. However, I don't believe it is possible for any genius to act like your friend. Here is a (plausible) proof:

Edward Teller is the physicist who created Hydrogen bomb.
Edward Teller admitted that he "never could keep up with him". (refer to Von Neumann)
Teller also said "von Neumann would carry on a conversation with my 3-year-old son, and the two of them would talk as equals, and I sometimes wondered if he used the same principle when he talked to the rest of us."

That is how genius sees normal people, they would spend every effort to talk as equals to normal people, so that the content of the conversation is understood, because that is the only thing they care about, because for them, it is utterly pointless to establish any kind of superiority over normal people. Would you call a 5 year old a retard because he can't answer something? no, unless you are another 5 year old. See, the point is, what your friend has demonstrated is that the gap in you two's intelligence is minuscule.
>>
>>18330526
Just ignore the dumb faggot. When he aggravates you think about how he probably has a 45 IQ fetish like giantess or inflation or some shit. Only talk to him when it's to exploit the fact he has revealed his own stupidity. Keep tabs of every time he's a hypocrite and relentlessly chip away at his self esteem until he's eating his own feces out of the toilet.
>>
File: 1493860590839.gif (179KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1493860590839.gif
179KB, 375x375px
Fuck that sounds like me. He lifts too, doesn't he?
>>
He sounds like he's not smart, at all. Maybe he knows pointless trivia or shit thy is insignificant to human interaction.

It is said that arrogance is a sure sign of lower intelligence. I would cut him out.

He's obviously not smart enough to treat people with respect. He's obviously insecure about his intelligence, and probably more.
>>
>>18330660
Yes, he is 5'8, spends a lot of time at the gym. You have small-ish dick, too, don't you?
>>
>>18330686
>ish

If he's past the point of deluding himself into thinking it's average, the damage is gonna be worse than that.
>>
>>18330526
Give him a fedora for his birthday, and add acknowledgement that he's intelligent somewhere in the card. Hopefully he'll get the message
>>
>op here

Probably you guys who were here and helped me won't be reading this. But thank you so much.
>>
>>18330696

This. Make him feel like an idiot for his obnoxious, idiotic behavior
>>
You know that "golden rule" they teach you in elementary? Fuck that rule.

Life's rule is that you treat people the way they treat you. Respond in kind and insult him back. If you can't do that then distance yourself from him.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.