[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad is forcing me to get a job. The problem is I have severe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: help-wanted[1].jpg (33KB, 347x265px) Image search: [Google]
help-wanted[1].jpg
33KB, 347x265px
My dad is forcing me to get a job. The problem is I have severe social anxiety and he chooses to ignore it. I have been going to a psychiatrist but it hasn't helped. I went to a psychologist last summer but it only made things worse. I am thinking about living in my car but I have no idea how I will survive the summer heat. What the fuck do I do?
>>
Go for a low-key job that doesn't require much social interaction like a nightwatch or something.

Also, you on any meds?
>>
>>18330400
You don't get over social anxiety by hiding in a basement, so either kill yourself or get over yourself. Get a job.
>>
Is he giving you a job or just telling you to find one? Living out of your car won't help much, you won't be able to shower often so the entire thing will smell like BO after about a month in the heat. I don't think therapists generally do much to help people in these situations, they basically tell you the very basic things you need to hear to just barely function in the adult world. They are terrible at addressing the actual issues behind your anxiety.
>>
>>18330407
Yeah. I've been on 4 different antidepressants. Effexor right now.

>>18330410
I'm too much of a pussy

>>18330411
Telling me to find one
>>
>>18330400
I've got some ridiculous anxiety too man but you need a job. No matter what you will need to work for money. This is fact and unavoidable. So I'm sorry this sounds very rude but get a job. It will slowly help lessen the anxiety. You'll be exposed to people and gradually get used to it. Trust me I went from having daily panic attacks to being head of customer service in 2 years.
>>
>>18330448
Try to find a place where you won't work with customers if you can. Like an office, warehouse, or a crafts store where there aren't going to be many people there pressuing you to socialize.
>>
>>18330400
Do you smoke weed?
Do you have any friends?
Age?
Any savings at all?
reason for wanting you to work?
>>
>>18330400

Anxiety is really shit and I had it really bad in the past. So, I get it, and I get how hopeless it feels right now.

But I was essentially forced into a job, got off the medications I'd been taking to try to "manage," and after a pretty painful year, it actually faded away. I know that's hard to believe now.

I still have periods of time where I just want to lock myself away from the world and my body seems to lose all sense of rational control, but it's few and far between. Good luck.
>>
The first time i had to hand out resumes I was literally shaking and my voice was all bitchy and wobbly but after like 5 tries it was easier.

Just go to a place and give the secretary your resume and say, I'm anon i'd like to apply for x job.

Where do you live anon?
>>
>>18330400
Get a job you can do from home. Learn to code first if needed
>>
>>18330400
You live where it's hot enough for swimming pools? Get a job cleaning pools. Start early as fuck. Be halfway done before anyone is even awake. Fake smile and fake laugh if anyone tries to talk to you. Eventually the fake smile and fake laugh will become genuine because it fucking feels good. THEN you can develop a personality and overcome your anxiety. Talk slow as fuck if you stutter. It helps.
>>
thanks guys

>>18330623
I live the in united States near dc
>>
>>18330400
What is your ambition, anon? Where do you see yourself in the future, and what is the future you doing?
>>
>>18330448
>im too much of a pussy
theres your problem. you arent willing to actually try and confront your weaknesses and would rather hide behind meaningless excuses. issues dont magically solve themselves or disappear on their own. is your plan to be a shut-in and sponge off the livelihood of others the rest of your life? im with your father: stop posting on vietnamese cave-drawing forums and learn to cope. dont sit there and tell yourself "i cant" without actually inputting effort
>>
>>18330879
Try looking on the internet for jobs posting in your area but then go and drop off the resume in person
>>
>>18330911
I'm going to uni to get a degree in computer science. My grades are great but anything that involves social interaction is awful for me. I applied for internships over the summer but I sperged out during phone calls and was too scared to interview. I just need a mcjob this summer.

>>18330917
I did try to get internships this summer. It's just I failed and now my dad is really pissed.
>>
>>18330976
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8GSf5cYCvE
>>
you can make meth in your parents basement and sell it on the deep web, you'll be earning so much you'll make your father more than proud. who knows? maybe the poisonous gasses will knock the anxiety right out of ya. win win!
>>
>>18330400
You'll never get over your fears unless you face them.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.