[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend won't stop talking about long-time guy friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1489343268625.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1489343268625.png
367KB, 568x454px
Hi /adv/.
I've been with my (first) gf for 9 months now. Before we met, she had a guy friend who she's known since middle school (she's 26 now). About two or three years ago, she left another relationship and the guy friend admitted he had feelings for her, causing a rift in their friendship for a year or so (she wasn't interested).
Fast forward to today, they've been made up since before her and I met. She has been working at a small business that the guy helps manage for a month or so, making him her boss. However, everyone who works there are friends, and so the environment is the exact opposite of professional. Basically, the boss-subordinate aspect of the relationship is nearly nonexistent except in title (he asks her to make certain orders or help customers at the counter). I've been there myself several times when my gf has invited me to visit her there. That's how lax it is.
The guy has also moved on as far as I can tell. He's pursuing different women (and failing, but it happens). He appears to respect our relationship. So good on him.
However, I can tell my gf has a really good time talking to/hanging out at work with him. She'll often reiterate to me several funny or conversations/things that happened that day when she comes home, which usually revolve around him. She'll do the same when she's off (they talk on messenger daily). It's important to note that they talked through fb daily even before she worked with him, so it's not as if that has changed. But she just won't stop talking about him to me. I've obviously met him and consider him a good acquaintance, but I'd much rather my gf tell me about herself than another man, even if they have been friends for such a long time.
>>
It hurts the worst when she's texting him while we talk. Their conversations aren't really emotional or anything (my gf has a history of difficulty expressing her feelings to friends/family/people). I think I just find it weird and off putting that she's having so much fun/so interested talking about this guy and their conversations/his life when she's in a relationship. She does similarly regarding the other people she works with (all guys), but not to the same degree as this guy.
Does anyone else have experience with this kind of situation or advice? She's great with pretty much everything else, it just feels like she's so interested in him (not necessarily sexually). Maybe I'm an insecure faggot, I dunno
>>
OP is a cuck

Raise your gfs son well
>>
How well do you know you gf?

The best thing would be something along the lines of "Look, I know he's a great friend and person, but I really don't like talking about him that much." Own up to your jealousy, and if your woman really does love you, she'll understand. You need to make sure that you at least try to maintain a manageable relationship with him, and again clarify to her that it just makes you uncomfortable having her talk about someone else to you a lot.
If you think your gf would not understand you being honest about your jealousy, then i dunno man
>>
If there was actually an issue here, then your gf would not be so open about her boss. The fact that she's being so open about him proves that you don't need to worry.
>>
>>18328446
This sounds like a ticking timebomb waiting to explode, I would set some fair guidelines otherwise ditch her if she doesn't agree and throw her under a bridge near a river far away.
Rough, I know, but are you really going to be happy with your girlfriend talking about someone else consistently? What happened to you and her? Is life really worth being a cuckold? Come on now.
>>
>>18328446
this guy is always on her mind, she's developed a crush and crushing on the guy right under your nose. unfortunately for you there is nothing you can do but continue to live with it or leave the relationship. Similar things have happened to me with several women and I always tell them it is clear they have some type of obsession because they won't shut the fuck up and cannot go 10 minutes without contact. Usually they are stunned a minute, some deny and defend themselves and the guy some shut up for a day or two but go right back to taking about them incessantly. I keep my mouth shut and look for an exit.
>>
let the boss fuck her
>>
>>18328446
Cuck. Your girlfran is fucking him, have fun raising his son.
>>
>>18328446
i once dated a girl who did literally the exact same things as you're describing.
>texted him all the time
>talked about him all the time
>hung out with him on their lunch breaks
>was her boss
I went along with it at the time because i really didn't want to be with her for very long anyway, the moment i broke up with her she told me to drop her off and he was going to pick her up and spend the night, etc etc.
Didn't hurt me cause lol using her for sex. but our situations were very similar and you should be prepared
>>
Thanks so far everyone (even the cuckposters since they at least bump the thread).

>>18328465
>>18328845
I'm thinking something along the lines of these might be good. I'm just hoping she doesn't take it the wrong way and think I'm too possessive or something.

Part of the reason for creating this thread was to see if I'm overreacting or if my concerns are valid. Based on the responses so far, I guess they are. We've both told each other we would just leave if we were unsatisfied before cheating on each other. She's been cheated on before and it hurt her pretty bad like it always does. So of course I don't think/want to believe she's cheating, but the fact remains that he is obviously still on her mind a lot. And that bothers me.

>>18329876
How long had she known the guy before she worked with him? I feel like that's the most unique part of this situation that makes it tricky. She's known the guy for like a decade and a half, been friends for most of it. Based on her stories about the past, it sounds like she's just always been this way.
>>
>>18330112
she had known him for a while, he'd been her boss twice
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.