[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the etiquette regarding how much money to give to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What's the etiquette regarding how much money to give to homeless people and beggars?

I usually give between 0.5£ and 1£ and I was wondering if it was considered rude or cheap? How much money do people even give? I genuinely don't know

Also sometimes I have like only 0.2£ on me and I wonder if it'd be considered cheap to give only that

Thanks in advance
>>
Don't feed the magpies.
>>
NEVER give any cash. Youre probably just supporting a drug or alchohol addiction.

Give food or clothing
>>
>>18327376
Firstly, you dont give them money.
Food and essentials at most i.e. some tick and flea spray is what i like to give them. Especially if they have a dog. A role mat can cost like 2 pound for a cheap one. Good if you are in a town with shops nearby to buy one from.
Secondly 20p is a bit cheap compared to non homeless, but they arent going to complain. Giving them anything is more than 99% of what people do.

Finally, fuck me dude. Its £1 and £0.5 or just 50p. The symbol is before the degit
>>
>>18327405
>Firstly, you dont give them money.
But I hate having cash on me

>Finally, fuck me dude. Its £1 and £0.5 or just 50p. The symbol is before the degit
sorry I have just moved to London and where I come from we put if after the number. Thanks though!!
>>
>>18327376
Don't give them money. You're not helping them.

The real solution to homelessness is the abolition of capitalism and the State, but barring that, some actually charitable actions for homeless people include:

>bringing them socks, underwear, travel-sized hygiene products, menstrual pads and tampons, single-servings of HEALTHY food (don't give them a lot, it attracts pests which they then bring to the shelters they stay at; stuff that's easy to eat is better because many of them have poor dental health), bottles of water, etc.
>donating to SECULAR homeless shelters
>donating to "tiny homes" projects (most of them, at least in my area, have a stipulation that tenants have to be homeless or otherwise in great need of affordable housing)
>donating to convict rehabilitation centers (lots of convicts have a hard time finding work/housing, and end up homeless, and then reoffending)
>campaign for better rehab programs for addicts
>campaign against rent-gouging (landlords can be a greedy bunch)

Money doesn't help them. A lot of them are homeless because of addictions, and they will just go spend that money to fuel their addictions. It's also not doing anything to actually lift them out of poverty, even if they don't spend it on drugs and alcohol.

In my area, and I'm certain in others, they'll team up and sit out on different, nearby corners and beg, and then switch places with each other. They'll do this even when they're in long-term programs at shelters, when they get to go out.
>>
>>18327421
Oh, and support squatting projects if headed by good people. Campaign for more lax squatting laws, as well.
>>
>>18327417
>just moved to London
I've been a Bong my entire life and have been homeless twice, once for a matter of hours and once for a single day. We have housing benefit and free housing for the homeless and housing offices everywhere for exactly this purpose. If someone is homeless in Britain it's because either,
A. They're unaware of this fact, or
B. They're aware but prefer to stay homeless
There are also a lot of scammers. I live in Birmingham, second largest city in England, and there are a lot of people who play at being homeless to capitalise on other people's naivety and at the end of the day they get up and go home. I imagine there are similar people in London.

Don't give money to the homeless. Either they're capable of going to a housing office and getting themselves a roof over their head, or they're not. If the latter, it's generally because they have drug or alcohol related issues or mental illness issues, and these aren't people who are going to spend your money wisely. As other Anons have said you can volunteer at charities and food banks and other organised events to offer aid to the poor if you want to help. These usually offer the actual advice and support the homeless need to, you know, stop being homeless, and they also help those who aren't homeless but still struggling to find their feet and turn their life around. Giving a homeless person in the UK 50p isn't going to really achieve anything.
>>
>>18327376
dont give them money
give them handjobs, they probably haven't cum in ages.
>>
>>18327376
2 p should be sufficient
>>
>>18327921
That's not true. I just saw a homeless guy jerking off on the side of the road last week.
>>
If you want to help them offer them a job for the day. Minimum wage full days work. If they refuse they are clearly "earning" more with their scam. Teach a man to fish.
>>
>>18327376
Give them a blowjob
>>
>>18327376
Beggars are lucky they are getting any $ at all. The fact you are asking is rather silly. But you are admirable. There is no etiquette for this. Again, they really are lucky to get any money. I live in Washington State. We have a huge heroine problem here so I don't ever give shit. Truth be told, if they didn't want to be homeless, there are plenty of available resources for them to get off the street.
>>
>>18327997
you like what you see?
>>
Remind them that someone bothered to carry them in their stomach for nine months then walk away.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.