[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 20 and I keep thinking I'm going to die soon, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 8rB25KN.jpg (89KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
8rB25KN.jpg
89KB, 720x960px
I'm 20 and I keep thinking I'm going to die soon, and that scares the shit out of me. There's nothing to suggest I will, but I get random tingling in my feet and a random stabbing pain in my chest and constantly check my pulse. This feeling is torturing me and I don't know whether I actually am going to die soon or whether it's all in my head. I want to live, I really do
>>
Are you a fat, disgusting slob with high blood pressure and diabetes? You sound like one. Loose some weight, fatty. Exercise and you will live longer.
>>
>>18327213
Not really. I go the the gym 3 times a week and play basketball for my college. One of my friends died at a young age from sudden cardiac arrest and its just recently started to haunt me. I will miss out on loads of experiences in life and I don't wanna die ever
>>
>>18327211
it sounds like it might be hypochondria. if youre healthy and in your 20s theres not much to worry about. go to the doctor if it worries you that much. I know this very well since I've lived (and continue to live) it. Those symptoms you experience are very easy to induce I believe, since i've had both of them. tingling in your feet is an anxiety symptom as well. my chest hurts pretty often, but nothing has happened 2 years after having those chest pains, and they "coincidentally" get worse when im anxious. it'll be fine, most likely. friends' deaths can trigger those mental illnesses. mine happened randomly, though.
>>
>>18327286
Thanks for your input. How do you know you're healthy? How do you deal with everything?
>>
>>18327211
I have this and it's because I have an anxiety disorder that developed into panic disorder. have you ever had a situation that might have triggered it? even if you might not think it's big, some scenarios are enough to trigger these feelings.

learn some meditation techniques, and also look into exposure therapy and behavioral therapy.

if you have fears about certain situations, exposing yourself to them can help. exercising has helped me tremendously, as all the excess anxiety i had was able to be focused elsewhere.

if all else fails, you most likely need to see someone before it develops into a panic attack/disorder, as these were the exact same symptoms i had before i had my first panic attack.

good luck anon.
>>
>>18327292
It's hard to deal with it in my case, but don't let that bring you down, because I have other problems. When Im having a panic attack i think im going to die for real, but ive had so many panic attacks and nothing has ever happened. Right now i started taking medication (sertraline and bromazepam). Another way to know if youre healthy is going to the doctor but that can feed your problem making it a bad way to cope with it. I usually sleep or take a shower or go for a walk when i dont feel too well. Having company when youre not feeling good is also helpful as well. Also buddy, dont believe ANYTHING you think youre experiencing, ive induced myself so many shit, even hallucinations, eye dots and shit. One time I thought i was overhydrated and peed a lot 3 times in an hour even though i hadnt even drunk that much. Our minds are stronger than we think. I guess after living it for a while youll realize its nothing but even then, it doenst go away simply by using logic, if it was that easy id be ok by now. So get help. psychological help. Dont let it get worse like I did, youll regret it.
>>
>>18327304
>>18327317
Thank you two. I was told to take propranolol if experience strange symptoms but I don't really want to become a medicated zombie. Is medication that bad?
>>
>>18327356
hey anon that told you you might have hypochondria. In my case no it's not, i've had side effects (i feel very warm sometimes and my mouth feels dry now and then) but i havent changed. on the other hand, im doing better mentally, so yeah, so far im happy im taking medication. I also took diazepam one year ago (20mg) and didnt notice much. Dont know a lot about propranolol though.
>>
>>18327356
I used to be the same in regards to medication until I started having extreme panic attacks and developed agoraphobia. It can get bad, and even when you realistically know that nothing's wrong, your body responds a different way.

Medication is something I believe can be necessary for situations like this. If one doesn't work, ask to be put on something else; everyone reacts differently. If there are side effects, you have to think if the side effects are worse than what you're experiencing or if they're bearable in comparison.

Also, medication is something that should be used as a stepping stone, NOT as a cure-all. It can help you but you need to be willing to do other things to change your life, like I mentioned, behavioral therapy, working out, developing coping skills, working on creating structure (schedules, goals, etc.).

when you feel like things are better and you're in a manageable place, then you can start weening yourself off the medications.

Not all doctors are in it to get you addicted, contrary to popular belief, especially when a lot of generic medications cost less than $5 a prescription.

as for the medication propranolol, I've heard a lot of good things about it for anxiety. I say try it out and see how it does, but you need to take it for longer than two weeks to notice any differences/change. If that doesn't work, notifiy your doctor and get put on something else, DO NOT stop taking it cold turkey, they will have you taper. But again, please, please give it a shot anon. The worst that can happen is it doesn't help, best case is it's just what you need before things develop into something worse.
>>
>>18327420
I was told to take them when I feel symptoms, so there may be days where I don't take them at all. Is that bad if Im not meant to quit cold turkey?
>>
>>18327441
if you take it over the course of more than a few weeks, I would double check with your doctor before quitting if you decide you don't want to take it anymore. I just wanted you to be aware just in case, since a lot of medications for anxiety, even if they're not taken daily, can still build up in your system.

I would honestly just mention it to your doctor just to be safe, I just wanted to mention it just in case since every medication is different.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.