[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weed has become a part of my daily life... i find myself irritated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

Weed has become a part of my daily life...

i find myself irritated if i dont smoke, lacking the motivation to dig deep to my creative side, generally more annoyed at small things, and quick to lash out

im in an area where its hard for me to find weed and i have to face that im gonna have to go a few days without it....

im not sure if i can do it....

tl;dr am I just a sober asshole, or addicted to weed?
>>
Move to Cali. Smoke weed everyday. Be happy.
>>
>>18327167
>when I don't smoke I'm more anxious and irritable, can't fall asleep as easily, don't enjoy music as much, etc., etc.
That's not withdrawal or being an asshole. That's not being high.
>>
File: latest.png (19KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
19KB, 380x380px
>>18327167
Weed is psychotic drug which has potential to trigger mental ilness if you have predisposition for it. The longer you will smoke it, the worse your life will be without it. Better drop it now before it becomes even worse.

Dont become pot head.
>>
Also, make sure you are smoking the good strains of Sativa, not bullshit reggie weed or Indica.
>>
>>18327172
>>18327181
>>18327187

OP here, has anyone experienced something similar? any quitting stories? any way to beat the insanity... i used weed as reward after a long day of work... now im at work like WHATS THE FUCKIN POINT
>>
>>18327167
im sure i sound like an asshole when i say i absolutely hate being sober and hate reality... if i quit weed, id pick up cigs, if i quit cigs, id pick up booze... whats the deal? am i dependent? can i not face who i am? or i do i just love feeling medicated
>>
>>18327194
There's nothing wrong with you. Smoking marijuana and feeling high is a wonderful thing. People who are against marijuana don't know what they're missing. As long as you can hold a job, have relationships, and not segregate yourself from society, you'll be okay.
>>
>>18327194
Honestly people who use drugs the way we do are just not happy at their base level. I don't think that makes drug use bad itself, but we have a level of unhealthiness at our core that drives us toward escapism.
>>
>>18327240
As though our natural state should be happiness at living a society with ever increasing wage inequality.
>>
i also used to smoke daily.
deppression and stress had me fucked up and i was smoking 4 times a day.
when i didn't have weed i was feeling irritated and also more depressed.

by getting broke i stopped smoking and began to feel more normal.
but as soon i have enough money to smoke i would smoke and feel the same for a period of days
>>
>>18327259
As if money makes happiness...
I mean it can certainly help to a certain degree, but being broke shouldn't mean you are unhappy.
There is an uneasiness with life in us people who feel the need to use drugs and escape the world a little. And that is unhealthy no matter your situation.
>>
>>18327281
I avoided saying 'poor' with intent there - nthe point I was making is about rising inequality and diminishing futures for people and their children, not money in and of itself.

Fairness and hope are essentially requisite for natural happiness to happen.
>>
>>18327314
I beg to differ. Climbing the economic ladder is not a be-all-end-all for happiness. You sound like a fucking commie. And I'm a leftist. And yeah it's fucked up, but it's not suffocating all hope for happiness.
>>
>>18327194
people have been using drugs and alcohol to cope with a shitty world since before we began recording human history
>>
>>18327324
Sliding with an apparent inevitability back into feudalism is a-ok then?

Aristocrats and peasants, and the peasants should be happy? Well if you give them a delusion such as Christianity you can pull it off I guess. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>18327337
Literally why not? I don't need the hope of striking gold to be happy. I'm also an atheist. And I've felt this emptiness that drives me to escapism since childhood, long before economic disparity or meaninglessness hit me to any significant degree. I know happy poor people with no hope of climbing the ladder.
>>
>>18327337
Just because some people have money and others don't doesn't mean we are living in a feudal society. That's ridiculous.
>>
>>18327167
>>18327181
Nah those are symptoms of withdrawal. When I take tolerance breaks or just stop smoking for whatever reason, the first couple days I have trouble sleeping, am irritable, and have no appetite. It's manageable but enough for me to notice. I've heard of people having the same symptoms but it's like hell for them.
>>
>>18327373
Yeah yeah yeah, never said we're there yet.

Inequality is rising and policy is insulated from politics, however. Every election season some neocon believer is put in to keep inequality rising, maybe with the odd comic relief who ends up doing that same thing tho.
>>
>>18327390
>Nah those are symptoms of withdrawal
No, they're symptoms of normality.

If I regularly take an anti-anxiety, and not taking it makes me noticeably more anxious, that's not the same as withdrawal.
>>
>>18327369
So you'd be fine if all hope was removed from your life. Yeah nah.
>>
Hey OP you need to chill, it's probably some slight withdrawals. You just need to man up.

I smoke weed every day (almost) and when you don't smoke it makes sense that you miss that altered state and free serotonin.

Be an adult and take responsibility for your drug use. If you can't do that then get sober.
>>
>>18327407
Insomnia and irritability aren't normal to me. I usually sleep 8-10 hours and rarely ever get angry.
>>
>>18327408
It's not all hope, it's all hope of rising up the economic ladder in a significant way. You don't need to make a lot of money to be happy.
>>
If things are going great, keep doing what you're doing but if you think thing can improve it might be tine for a change. I used to smoke weed daily. Two months ago I quit and since them I've felt a lot better I picked up some old hobbies and they feel great. If youre feeling like you might have a problem, try ething diffrent. You never know.
>>
>>18327445
Point is, hope is indeed required for happiness.

And the way things are going, if you just mind your own business you've a promise to fall down the economic 'ladder'.
>>
>>18327187
Is this really a thing? I started smoking back in 09 and smoked on and off for around 8 years. But there were periods where I was smoking all day every day. I still smoke occasionally but it's not enjoyable at all and I always end up feeling super anxious while high then incredibly depressed for a couple of days afterward
>>
i smoke 8 bong hits a day easy bitch

life just shit when u dont smoke
>>
>>18327187
Aha the meme chart, guys that does not have any scientific value. It plots some doctor's opinions on those substances.
>>18327190
If your brain reward system has adapted to daily feelgoods, there isn't much way around that, other than not allowing yourself to get bored. Stay active and busy and distracted all day. One more thing, having knowledge helps but having commitment actually works.
>>
File: seriously hope.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
seriously hope.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
tfw you will never get why people get hooked on weed when they can just masturbate all day

Specially girls. Holy shit I can't believe how many would rather go through all the assorted trouble than taking their pants off and having a good flick.
>>
>>18327443
You also presumably smoked every day, and while the high does go away after about an hour many of the therapeutic effects linger.
>>
>>18328054
I meant I haven't had insomnia or irritability before I started smoking weed.
>>
>>18327190
I just quit. Haven't smoked since April 20th. I'm doing okay, but still get irritable quickly. I just take a deep breath and tell myself I will not seek the smoke. But I do like pushing my will power. Haven't fapped in 3 weeks either. Maybe that's why I'm so irritable.
>>
>>18327281
True. I knew someone who was awarded $50 million in an accidental death lawsuit involving her husband. She tried to constantly buy her happiness, but truth was, she was still empty. She hung herself in her garage.
Having $ can make you happy. But it is only temporary. Happiness is a life skill. Just like having a huge cock. You can get the job done just as someone with a small cock, it's just much easier to accomplish when you're hung.
>>
File: 2017-04-03_08.28.58.jpg (1MB, 1618x1433px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-03_08.28.58.jpg
1MB, 1618x1433px
>been smoking for 8 years everyday
>quit smoking because i got hypoglycemia
>not 1 issue, infact, because of the hypoglycemia im felling better off till it fades way.

>drinks alcohol for 1 year everyday
>have withdrawls that consist of drasticly increased heart rate, dialeted pupils, warming of my whole body, cold sweats, whole body tremors, worst depresion ive had that could happen out of nowhere for no reason, physical pain from head to toe, hard to breath, and a seizure at day 3 for 4 days fucking straight.
>gave me hypoglycemia and exploding head syndrom (<which stopped)

Cannabis doesn't have withdrawls anon...
>>
>>18328063
Insomnia, had that during alcohol WD's.
If you can't sleep for 18 hours shut the hell up anon, i thought i had insomnia till my WD's, turns out i don't
>>
>>18327187
Alcohol and benzo's actually have the deadliest and most painfull withdrawls kek.
Delerium tremons anon.
>>
>>18327167
eat some nutmeg u pussy
>>
Never get hooked on the herbal jew.
It saps all your motivation and makes you be ok with just sitting around and doing nothing.
Once in a while is ok though.
>>
>>18328921
Goddamn that nug looks healthy. Do you know what strain that is my nigger?
>>
File: IMG_20170515_080340_686.jpg (2MB, 1836x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170515_080340_686.jpg
2MB, 1836x1836px
>>18329066
Ya, thats my outdoor cookies and cream from exotic genetics. I grow my own so i don't have to pay money for it. Shot is some sinmint cookies im currently running outside. All organic, pesticide free, ROwater, organic amendments, and soil only feeds. No liquid nutrition.
>>
>>18329077

Beautiful. I agree that the plant doesn't have physical withdrawals, but what the OP is describing seems to be of a psychosomatic nature. In other words, a person becomes too comfortable in a certain frame of mind (in this case, being high), 'withdrawing' from said frame of mind might not be a smooth transition for everyone. The irritability is habitual, from what I've observed and personally experienced. Anyways, your set up there seems well composed. I commend you.

OP, you're neither a 'sober asshole', nor 'addicted to weed'. I think you let your hobby become a habit.
>>
>>18327190
I've been smoking weed daily for about 3 years and 'm at it in general for about 6.
I feel similar to you but I've also been diagnosed with depression shoortly before or after I first started smoking and feel down in general, live my life at 50%.
weed is one of the few things in life that keeps me going, makes me go out and do stuff instead of laying in bed all day and wanting to die
I'd say it's always up the the individual, you have to ask yourself what it gives you and and what you give for it, does having or not having it affect your work, social engagements etc.and if the way it affects it is bad.
or just ask yourself why you are smoking in the first place.
>>
>>18328618
And you can have a big ass dick and still not even pull bitches to show em it, or just be bad in bed. Analogy holds up well.
>>
>>18328932
Real shit. Benzos and alcohol have the only WDs that can actually kill you. Even quitting dope, you gonna feel like shit but it aint dangerous.
>>
File: IMG_20161012_181247.jpg (3MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161012_181247.jpg
3MB, 2988x2988px
>>18329972
Thats what i always say when i see that dumb post, also, LSD is a weird drug, You CAN'T take it back to back making WD's impossible.

My alcohol withdrawls could have easily killed me.

And cannabis didn't do shit when i quit cold turkey.
>>
So my uncles brother who lives in America has smoked weed heavily for about 35 years. He was found on the streets at around 5am one morning, wearing nothing but a bath robe. He had no idea where he was or what was going on, completely out of it.
>>
I have always been sad person, spending summers listening to books on tape for the company, as a 11 12 year old, then smoked weed every day for months, 8, maybe, quit and when I ocassinally smoked experienced anxiousness, then 7 months later had " psychotic break" maybe it was stress, maybe it was my depressing life that caused me to smoke coming to bite me in the ass because I wasn't medicating the depression away, but you are probably irrated, if you can't smoke find another way, something active, like mediation, learn to control yourself.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.