[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know how i'd get onto a boat? I'm an amateur

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: boat.jpg (307KB, 1200x859px) Image search: [Google]
boat.jpg
307KB, 1200x859px
Does anyone know how i'd get onto a boat? I'm an amateur photographer and i'd like to get onto a fishing vessel or something that goes to sea for days or weeks at a time, basically a commercial boat, not a civilian one like a cruise ship.

It'd give me good practice shooting photos.

I live in California, 15 minutes from the coast as well, would appreciate the help.
>>
Talk to the captain of the ship and be ready to help out. Most likely cooking and light cleaning. Or find a documentary crew that is already going on a vessel and ask to help them.
>>
You know the living conditions on there are horrible, right? Also there is limited space as it is, why would they just let someone who will essentially be a dead weight take up space and resources for nothing?
>>
Extremely slim. You'll need a job on a boat to be on one, they won't let anyone on. Your best shot is to find a gig on a fishing vessel if all you really want if some pictures, but you'll have to trade them 18 hour days and a few weeks or months of your time. They days of just walking down the dock and asking for a job are over, with the exception of fishing.
>>18325842
Bad living conditions are a meme.
>>
>>18326026
>Bad living conditions are a meme.
On a commercial fishing vessel that's out at sea for extended periods of time? No they're not.
>>
>>18326044
You are doing nothing but working for 16-18 hours a day, no one cares how big their bunk is. You work the season and get off ASAP. I was referring to vessels other than fishing.
>>
>>18326050
What are you talking about?
>>
>>18326053
I'm saying that no one gives a shit that conditions suck on fishing vessels
>>
>>18326058
Someone like OP who thinks life is just peachy when you can sail the high seas and just take pretty pictures will care.
>>
>>18326062
Unfortunately for OP he probably cant do that. He could always get a hire a boat that usually takes out amateur fishers for a day if all he wants is some ocean pics
>>
>>18326063
>Unfortunately for OP he probably cant do that.
Well obviously. Did you not read my first post properly, or do you just like arguing with people who aren't in opposition to what you're saying?
>>
>>18324859

Better get that mouth and boipucci warmed up....
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.