[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>diagnosed with depression 7 years ago >had a few sessions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

>diagnosed with depression 7 years ago
>had a few sessions with a psychologist but I wasn't able to open up and never consulted any help ever since
>never felt able to talk to friends or family about my feelings or my concerns because I don't feel I can really trust anyone and didn't want to expose myself
>always turn my feelings etc into a joke when the topic comes up
>manage to get by half-ass my a-levels, do voluntary social year, find a student job and work extra shifts for cash, move in a flat with mates
>been wanting to go to Uni for 2 1/2 years but not confident enough
>had a girlfriend with 17 but dropped her after 3 months, never came relly close to anyone since
>turning 24 this year still depressed, start losing interests in my hobbies in the last months, just work and lay in bed wanting to die, hate myself for being a weakling, think about Suicide almost non stop, feel my existence is pointless
>don't know what to do
>meet this girl, hit her up on fb, she is super cute has similar trust issues as me, we talk a lot, about deep stuff too, find a glimmer of hope I might have found someone special
>we haven't met yet after the first time, she has a boyfriend, she is 5 years younger

never been to /adv/ before desu but I really have no idea what to fucking do
can you guys help me?
>>
>>18323835
Op here no answers required anymore, it's over
>>
>>18324502
OP? What happened?
>>
>>18323835
Hey I'm 24 and depressed too.
My cat meowing out of loneliness makes me fucking hate myself.
Relationships usually make depression worse.
Depression is such a big problem now but I don't know what else to say but try to find a therapist and doctor. It is helping me.

But I think you just need to decide you want to live.
>>
>>18324666
Seems like he off himself. Is he with you, Satan?
>>
File: people-caught-in-the-act-9.jpg (34KB, 500x602px) Image search: [Google]
people-caught-in-the-act-9.jpg
34KB, 500x602px
>>18325767
Go play with your cat, asshole. He loves you.
>>
>>18324666
I told her i find her great and interesting and that I'd like to know her better bur also that I'd like this to further than just friendship. Then asked her wherher she's happy in her relationship or of I can get my hopes up.
The answer was a very nice "No" but a no nonetheless.
Not sure what to do or how I feel right now, I haven't slept tonight and am drunk, stoned and high on speed.
>>
Op here
Still high as fuck and still haven't slept, ask me anything
>>
>>18323835
>I'm 24
>crippling anxiety/ never leave the house
>1 month ago
>GF cheated on me
>can't deal with being alone
>hang self
>wake up in ICU
>week later out of the loony bin
>start smoking weed again
>start going to shows again
>ditch GF
>find several other girls
>happy now.

Now I just need to get off of these anti-depressants and I'll be really good to go.

The point is, OP, if you keep putting yourself out there and talking to people and going places, you'll meet plenty that you like. Not just the one. And then you won't have to stress about what just one person thinks.
>>
>>18323835
Honestly... Fucked up girls that are very similar to you are usually not a good match. Especially when they are significantly younger than you. I know it sounds romantic and beautiful for two broken people to come together and complete each other through love and solidarity, but the fact of the matter is thats not usually how it works. I know that it will be easier to talk to her about your shit because you are both vulnerable in similar ways, but trust me it usually won't work out how you'd think it would.
Additionally, if you plan on trying to finesse her away from her boyfriend, that shows that she can switch up real quick, which does not bode well for your future.

I have been on/off dating a girl 3 years younger than me. We started off very attracted to each other. We felt comfort telling each other the dark shit we feel almost immediately. It was a beautiful connection and support system at first. But she was emotionally unstable and her needs mirrored mine in an unhealthy way and she was too immature. And the kind of support we fostered lead to a really unhealthy codependence.
You are better off finding someone who is closer to your age (only because you are young, when you age it matters a lot less) and does not face all the same problems as you. From the sound of it you need someone who can foster you and love you and remind you what you are worth. It's very tempting (especially for me, I have a caregiver complex of sorts, I get comfort and validation from taking care of people around me, often ignoring my own needs) to just give and give and hope you can fix whats broken and find love, but the love needs to come first, not the dependence.
Good luck if you go for it, but do not let her treat you wrong. My relationship was bad. I fell in love and she hurt me again and again. It was love and care at first but her problems transformed her and she really switched up on me.
>>
>>18327212
Op here, thanks for sharing your story and your thoughts and we seem to share many characteristics. I'm sorry your relationship ended up being bad but i want(ed) to at least give it a try rather than doing nothing.
I'm also not looking to fix her in any way but just be in a supporting role and rather than pointing out solutions (because i know i don't have those, I don't even have solutions for my own problems and am just grasping at straws) I want her to br able to talk to someone who has gone and still goes through those same problems
I've not been wanting to trying to finesse her away and in hopes of a healthy relationship, I see the contradiction and I've discussed th matter with her as i stated here >>18326121.
One reason this is or was (i'm not sure quite yet) of such significance to me because I just ain't one to easily meet new people and even then meeting someone I could talk to like that immedeatly and who shared so many of my (dis-)interests has happened to me once and it's a very long story but what it comes down to is I fucked it up and considering how I feel about my psychological health I don't know for how long I can keep on alone.
>>
>>18327358
Dude, you need to find someone with a positive outlook on life. Honestly maybe someone who will understand you less than she does. These are the people who can help you. These are the people who will selflessly work for your happiness and companionship.
>>
>>18327365
She definetely doesn't have a negative outlook in life, while she definetely has issues and a somewhat melancholic personality, she also has goals and dreams she wants to accomplish in the future.
I'm not sure if she'd understand me to be honest. We have some of the same psychological issues but she isn't depressed like me or something.
I'm not looking for someone who selflessly cares for me and is basically glued to me. I'm not looking for someone who willingly cheers me up everyday but who does so by just being there.
>>
>>18323835
Just be happy op find something u love follow ur heart enjoy life be with ur friends don't worry about what the world says or what others think just chase ur dreams...... Everything will be ok in the end just gotta believe and work for it,......
>>
>>18328687
This isn't helpful at all, thanks for trying though
>>
Wanna come over to get high and watch Norwegian Wood?
>>
>>18329183
sure where you at?
>>
Lay off the booze and drugs m8 it's for looser and your down to your last chip, that shit will fuck you up even more, I don't know the answer and to be honest there is no answer, you have to live with it the best you can....good luck.
>>
>>18329245
I rarely drink alcohol and abuse marijuana as a form of self medication
I usually don't touch other drugs but in the last few days they've very much peaked my interest
>>
>>18329245
btw
>it's for looser
is nor agument, I guess at this point i most certainly cassify as one
>>
>>18329254
You can loose a little or a lot, the balls in your corner.
>>
>>18329260
You're right. I don't feel like I have much left to lose though
>>
>>18323835
Atleast you haven't lost all your emotions, besides anger. You are lucky.
>>
>>18329727
I'm just not motivated enough to be really angry with anyone. I just swallow it and hate myself for it.
>>
I haven´t even be depressed, but I also turned my feelings to a joke, that´s not bas, but what you did with that girl was okey, because you found someone with same problems and you can take that all away, find something randome in internet, boy or girl, speak with her/him and you will feel more relieve. Sometimes internet supports makes you open and take out your problems
>>
>>18329762
i have a very hard time talking to new people because of my barely existent self confidence. I always ask myself why'd they want to talk to me, I also don't have much interesting to say since I barely take real interest in anything anymore
>>
>>18330046
everytime you have a negative thought, cancel it out with a positive thought.
>>
>>18330063
easier said than done but I'll try

btw I made this thread not just for advice with the girl problem, that was just one of my many issues at the moment
>>
>>18323835
Are you really that reliant on a relationship? You have a job, and are in college, and may get a better career. Those things come when they come. You don't have cancer, be happy about that. Appleseeds and garlic, everyday...Lord with.
>>
>>18330947
It's not as nice as you describe it.
I'm may be theoretically, but on paper I study history and physics in my fourth semester and i haven't those courses once and that's not at all what i want to study.
I've also grown tired of my worm and I've really started to hate it for several reasons and see no sense in doing it anymore.
I'm also unhapy living situation. I live with 2 mates and our flat is fucking disguting. I'm the only who seems to do my cleaning duties regularly and when i talk to them it works for like 2 weeks and then they start half assing it again.
I'd rather describe it as "fed up with being alone" than "reliant on a relationship" because I haven't had one in a very long time. It was ok while I was living with my family but now I come home and no one is expecting me or bothers to just poke his nose in and say "hi" and I've never felt this alone and basically meaningless.
I'm working atm and hoky crap I'm literally holding back the urge to cry, I don't want to spend my next 8 hours here. Fuck.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.