[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolutely everything bothers me. Loud sound Bad smells Bright

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: v53ksak7vlvy.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
v53ksak7vlvy.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
Absolutely everything bothers me.

Loud sound
Bad smells
Bright lights
People talking
Not being able to follow my very specific routine.
Heat/cold

And by bother I mean these things will make me so angry they render me unable to function.

I tried to relax, mediation etc. But I just can't seem to handle life like a normal person.

So I end up drinking. A lot. That's been my life long medication. I will probably die of a liver failure in 10 years at this rate.

I don't know what to do. Any ideas?
>>
>>18322510
talk to your doctor about anxiety. I used to have that problem and it was apparently caused by anxiety and the way it manifested was anger. now she has me take 1mg of xanax daily and I haven't had the problem for a year now. although my body is dependent on the xanax so I can't stop even if I wanted to, which I don't.
>>
Thats sounds like some kind of autism/aspergers perhaps? Coupled with other mental stuff too.

Is this going to be one of those threads were you ask for advice but when we give you advice you won't take it?
>>
>>18322525
Here they don't give Xanax. I can get diazapam but not long term because it's addictive and when you come off it you won't sleep for days.

I've also tried anti depressants which did technically work but they made me so tired and apathetic it wasn't really a solution.

>>18322531
What's the advice? I'll take it if it makes sense.
>>
try meditating

society, and the human condition as a whole make me somewhat depressed.

but you know what, i meditate to bring myself back down to earth, to get in touch with what i truly am. just another animal roaming this rock, the actions of others have no effect on this and as much as their mentality can bring me down, i can bring myself back up.

and also stop being such a sook. hot/cold makes you angry, that sounds like a weak will to me
>>
>>18322510
I'm like this too anon. Life is suffering.

Have you tried wearing sunglasses indoors and wearing earplugs? This is what has helped me.

I take xanax sometimes and it gives me the experience of what I assume being a person with normal reactions to life is.

It's like our senses are dialed up to 100 while other people are at 50 on average. It really sucks huh? Its like its a burden to even be awake.
>>
>>18322552
I did try the mediation (mindfulness) as I said, while it is relaxing it doesn't help with day to day living.

>Another animal roaming this rock
This is usually the conclusion I arrive at during the climax of my anger, but it's not comforting or reassuring: it's more of a "fuck it" thought which takes away any motivation or ambition.

I would like to keep my drive without it driving me insane.

>Hot/cold
What I meant was, if somebody in the office turns on the air conditioning I will literally start getting agitated if it's too cold for me. It's like anything that isn't as I would like it to be makes me irritated.

I realize how stupid this sounds but I can't help it.
>>
>>18322566
Good analogy there. Have you been diagnosed with anything or is high sensitivity just a trait?
>>
Do you go outside your comfort zone, ever? I mean go for a treck through the wind and rain for a half a day and when you get inside and rest you might not have the energy be so sensitive.
>>
>>18322594
I exercise three times a week and even while I'm working out I find myself biting my nails and grinding my teeth at the fact that people aren't putting their weights back in the correct place, the music is too loud and the squat rack is being used by some idiot to do curls.

It's like there's an infinite amount of energy for getting annoyed by the tiniest things.
>>
>>18322593
I have a lot of diagnosed issues.
PTSD, panic disorder, chronic/genetic depression, and ADHD.

I don't think the sensitivity is related to any of those issues because my mother is just like me with the sensitivity. I used to think she was crazy when she would freak out whenever we went to the grocery store but I understand now that I'm older. My sensitivity got worse with age.

Look up 'highly sensitive person' there is a book and websites about people with these traits, you're not alone.
>>
>>18322587
>I did try the mediation
>i did
>did
there in lies you problem. meditation is about releasing your minds grip on you, and just existing in the moment. its not just going to happen in one session, rather you meditate your entire life as each new day brings a new set of vices to clap you down.

>I would like to keep my drive without it driving me insane.
find your self a martial arts club, preferably one that teaches a traditional art. this will teach you discipline and give you an outlet for your pent up anger and stress.
>>
>>18322648
I also meditate often and have the same exact issue as OP. This is not something you can meditate away, some people have serious problems with sensory processing that meditation cannot fix. You can really only understand this if you have the issue too.
>>
>>18323031
So what had helped as a coping mechanism?
>>
No1 likes winery cunts
>>
>>18323624
No one likes sociopaths either but they can't help it.
>>
>>18323616
using earplugs to make sound go away when it irritates me. Using sunglasses when lights are too much for me to handle. Wearing fabrics that are exceptionally comfortable. Using unscented soaps for hygiene. Theres not much you can do if your senses are overly sensitive, especially if being over-stimulated causes panic attacks. I can get a panic attack if im in the kitchen making food and my mom and dad walk in and start talking. I can't stand it when they talk while I'm trying to preform a task their voices make me want to scream. It's really difficult to describe without sounding over-dramatic. It's just that normal sounds are VERY loud to me so it throws me into a panic, the same with lights being VERY bright. I was never like this as a child but it changed when I hit my 20s.
>>
>>18322510
Autism?
>>
>>18323658
Interesting. Most people would say this is straight up autism but you don't develop that in your 20s. I reckon most psychologists would attribute this to upbringing, did you suffer from any trauma, psychological or otherwise? Very strange for this to happen naturally.
>>
>>18323031
>You can really only understand this if you have the issue too.
i do, at times i will have fits of rage because of it. just means not a good time or place to meditate, find somewhere quieter and more peaceful.. i have the luxury of living in the middle of nowhere so i don't have to go far to find silence. but meditation is about learning to block out or more so let go of all the distractions around you so you can focus on what ever it is your meditating on, which for most is usually just quieting the mind anyway
>>
>>18322510
What you describe is almost the textbook definition of high-functioning autism/Aspergers.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.