[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>20 years old >Don't feel immature >Just look very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1487373833955.png (171KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1487373833955.png
171KB, 657x527px
>20 years old
>Don't feel immature
>Just look very young
>Am very reserved and have been so since half-way through High-school when I decided to ditch my childhood friends because of the rapid rate they developed in this world

Is this a bad sign?
How do I know that I'm mature? What is maturity anyway? When I was 18, I couldn't handle working an hourly job. I was incredibly high strung and irritable. I didn't want to accept the course my life was flowing.

What came next that stopped it wasn't maturity, but resignation and acceptance that I'll never have what I want out of this existence.

I've never had a girlfriend before, but I believe that's irrelevant.

My sister told me that I've always been mature from a young age, but I fear that's a sign of stunted development.
>>
just like with oldfags and newfags. The act of bringing it to attention (asking) is the proof that you are not.

Being mature is about not giving a shit if you fall under the category of "mature" in the first place.
>>
>>18322689
>You shouldn't care if you're a fully developed human being

I don't understand this thought process.
>>
>Feels the need to ask others about maturity
>Abandoned your friends
>Cant hold a job

No OP, you are far from it.
>>
OP i know what youre going through exactly, because Im 20 myself and look like a 14 year old boy. I fucking hate it. Might be that it's got somethinf with growth, since my muscle mass is very very low, not sure about you. My frame is small, my chest is very small too. Lucky for me my shoulders are of regular size so instead of looking too underdeveloped I just look extremely skinny.

What makes you look young?
>>
>>18322094
>I decided to ditch my childhood friends because of the rapid rate they developed in this world
How many years ago was this? That was pretty immature seeming, but you could've developed since then if it was like 5 years ago.
>>
>>18322700

To get there is to not care about it anymore. There is no "fully developed" person, just people that realized that no one cares about specific arbitrary behavior patterns that dictate one as superior in some way from another.
>>
>>18324076
I want to know the general social consensus so I can measure myself to it.

I'm just curious.
>>
>>18324188
You sound like my 3 year old toddler that wants to be a big boy instead of a baby.
>>
>>18324211
>>18322689
>Don't ask if you're mature
>Maturity doesn't exist
>What you're doing is very immature

I'm confused.
>>
>>18324254
What I'm understanding is: If you're worried about maturity then you are immature. Just become your own man stick to your guns and do what you want so long as it doesn't directly negatively affect others. Worrying about what others do/think of you, like how mature you appear, is an immature thing to do.
>>
>>18324269
*Ding ding ding ding ding!*

We have a winner!
>>
>>18324269
I already do what I want to, but I want to know if I'm mature or not.

If you can define maturity to this extent, can't you define it completely?
>>
>>18324293
Shit I can try lol. You have to remember you're asking some rando on 4chan to explain a social construct.

Maturity is just that, a social construct. If the people around you see you as a mature person then you are mature in THEIR eyes.

I think you are more looking for self actualization. Understanding what you believe in and if those beliefs are the correct path for yourself to follow. All I can say is just try new things and meet loads of people. Understand the positive and negative qualities you see in yourself and others. Understand why you see them as positive and negative. Key word is understanding I guess.

Look I aint the best at explaining much. What do you expect from a 22 y/o in his senior year at uni? All I can say is this: Keep looking for the answers to your questions even if you fail. Stagnation, is the worst thing you can do.
>>
>>18324360
So it's really just a bunch of dumb, subjective shit?

Thanks for clearing that up.

I guess it's just another "real men do x"
>>
>>18324534
>So it's really just a bunch of dumb, subjective shit?

Basically. I feel like once you reach that state of "self actualization" that I had mentioned most people will see you as "mature" especially if your values include the part where "it doesn't directly negatively effect others."
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.