[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I've recently made a decision to turn my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: no_bread.jpg (21KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
no_bread.jpg
21KB, 500x329px
Hey /adv/,

I've recently made a decision to turn my life around and to focus on losing the fat I was too lazy to get rid of all my life. My gym instructor recommended me to try a low carb diet. Low carb breakfasts and dinners are a cakewalk, the problem is: I have no fucking clue what to eat for lunch. I've eaten bread for lunch all my life. Sure i can bake an egg or cook an egg with some veggies but that just won't fill me up for shit. I'm also still in college, so I need something which I could prepare in the morning and don't need to heat up.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
>>
File: IMG_3594.jpg (143KB, 645x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3594.jpg
143KB, 645x765px
you ate vold, so stay with that.
i really like making elaborated salads that replace a whole meal. put in some veggies like shredded carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, fennel, green leafy stuff. then add some protein like chicken breast, tuna in water, cottage cheese, boiled eggs and so on.
keep the dressing light. just use vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
if you are still hungry after that, try to add in lentils or chickpeas or something.
other stuff i really like to put in my salads are seeds/nuts, spring onions, fresh herbs, olives, mushrooms. the possibilities are endless and you'll be surprised at how filling those can be.
>>
>>18321810
>Sure i can bake an egg or cook an egg with some veggies but that just won't fill me up for shit

Part of losing weight means you are going to be hungry at times.

First and foremost, you need to calculatr your TDEE. This will tell you how many calories your body needs to stay your current weight at your current age/sex/activity level.

Then, subtract between 250 and 500 calories from that. That is the maximum amount of calories you can eat per day and lose weight.

Eggs and veggies are good. Make a salad (don't smother it in fatty/oily dressing either) for lunch.

Also, if you google "low carb diet recipes" the internet has a wealth of information.

Good luck man
>>
You can get spinach wraps, lettuce wraps, a salad with meat or nuts, or homemade tacos.
>>
File: IMG_3596.jpg (152KB, 640x889px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3596.jpg
152KB, 640x889px
>>18321841
greek salad is an alltime favorite too. so god damn yummy and it really fills you up.
you can play around with this, all you want. google might be your best bet here. just type in lowcarb dinner salads and get tons of ideas. or just throw together all your favorite stuff. you can even cut up a steak and add it in. or add in cooked veggies like broccolie or cauliflower. this shit is delicious, i'm getting hungry just writing about it...
>>
>>18321810

If you are a fan of wraps and lunch meat, you can make similar sandwiches but just use lettuce instead of wheat wraps to cut the carbs. It's also fast and easy to make without having to heat up anything.

GL anon, low carb seems really hard to pull off lol more power to you
>>
File: Lettuce-wrap-sheerluxe.jpg (103KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lettuce-wrap-sheerluxe.jpg
103KB, 620x400px
>>18321865

like a this. make it. make it for me.
>>
>>18321865
nocarb is hard, yes. lowcarb is easy. you got this op.
>>
diets that restrict anything specific like carbs and what not are a meme. losing weight is a simple formula of eating less calories than your body burns in a day.
>>
>>18321902
you should be eating low carbs in general

everything is loaded with sugar these days
sugar is carbs
carbs make you fat

doesn't take rocket appliances to figure out you shouldn't be eating a lot of it
>>
>>18321902
true, but the main cals people consume are in carbs. they have very high cal to volume rate, meaning it's easier to overeat, especially if you are used to huge portions. it's harder to overeat on something that is low cal, like cucumbers. you'd have to eat so much of them that you would explode before you hit your daily limit.
ofc the goal is to be able to eat appropriate servings of everything, but that's wishfull thinking if you are really fat. the first pririty would be to cur down on the cals without risking a binge because your stomach is empty, so you have to fill it up with low cal stuff.
it's better to stuff your face with tonatoes than with chips... some people need the boost of the first few lost pounds to get the discilpine to not stuff their face anymore. that's why lowcarb can actually be helpfull to start out.
>>
>>18321909
>carbs make you fat
as I just said, calories make you fat.
>>
File: 1384059695918.jpg (74KB, 642x720px) Image search: [Google]
1384059695918.jpg
74KB, 642x720px
>>18321902
/thread

t.8 years of lifting and counting calories

I cut with cereal and ice cream and shit.
>>
>>18321947
some people don't just want to be thin but also healthy.
>>
>>18321952
so then take a vitamin. the source doesn't matter to your body.
>>
>>18321994
what about fiber? take a supplement too, huh?
or you could, gasp, just not eat like a 6 year old.
>>
That's a bummer man. I suppose I'd go the lettuce wrap or salad direction.

I love bread. It would be hard for me to give it up. It's the best thing to make when working in a bakery.
>>
>>18321998
or you could just adapt to the times grandpa.
>>
>>18321810
>low carb diet.
no

eat a high carb, no fat, low sugar diet.

bean dishes, and whole wheat bread should be a staple of this diet. avoid pasta, rice,

non fat dairy, lean poultry can also be eaten occasionally.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.