[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I spend less? I'm am very irresponsible with my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1494425611868.jpg (166KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1494425611868.jpg
166KB, 1080x1350px
How do I spend less?

I'm am very irresponsible with my finances. If I have more money, I spend more of it, too.

Please help, I know my life would be better if I spent less.
>>
You can buy the things you want, but invest some more time in bargain hunting. Make a list of the stuff you'd prefer not to do without and find out where you can buy it dirt cheap. If you're willing to shop at shart mart, they have free delivery under $35 and their online selection is way better than the store's. Find a cheap produce place if you can instead of buying grocery store veggies, and get canned shit/junky shit at Aldi or some place like that, so you only buy meat and cheese at the supermarket. Go to flea markets and shit like that for impulse buys if you absolutely need to make them.
>>
make a savings account and deposit 10% of your income monthly. It's harder to jump to the wallet when you have a separate account.

Also make lists of everything you need and buy it upfront. That way you know the rest of the money is all you have.
>>
>>18321688
Ask yourself these two simple questions before you buy:

1. Do I need this (as in an essential need)?
2. Do I deserve this?

This is what I do. Because of this, I have had just over 3K sitting in my savings account for just over a year now.

It really comes down to self discipline.
>>
Quit buying weed and drinking beer
>>
You got some solid advice here. I'd also suggest learning for to cook instead of going out. Besides saving money it'll also be useful and rewarding in the long run.

Maybe make a list of everything you buy that costs more than 5$ (or 10$, up to you)
Than after a two weeks time check it and ask yourself whether also those spendings were justified?
Or rather, set yourself a goal that you need money to attain and see if the stuff you spend on are better that said goal.
Also, www.mrmoneymustache.com/
>>
>>18321688

are you in debt now?
>>
Do a spending sheet and always bring with yourself.
>>
>>18323032
this is a good one. Also when you want to buy something, think something along the lines of "I can spend the money on it now, but if I don't, I can still spend the money on it any other time.". You might start to notice that you don't really want things as bad as you wanted them at first.
>>
>>18321688

Try and save up some money.

It get to a point where you save up so much that you enjoy the feeling of having that much money and it seems a shame to spend it all on something.

There's a threshold, I learned in college that when I had £700 or less I'd want to spend that on luxuries and other stuff because hey I'd be spending £300 on food and shit anyway and £500 isn't that much. Then one day all my loans and paycheck came in at once and I had £1400 and I felt like if I spent it all I wouldn't have all this money potential.

The threshold might be different for you, but I recommend doing this. It allows you to live life without having to think.
>>
>>18323914

Oh, and aim to spend a cdrtain amount of money per day on things you want instead of per week or month. I found that I would save money on food by just aiming to spend £10 a day instead of going to the store and getting stuff to last me a while.
>>
>>18321688
Direct deposit into multiple accounts. On account can be your mad money to blow. Others for specific bills or just savings. Helped me immeasurably.
>>
>>18321688
god. he's so hot. perfect daddy material.
>>
Mind me asking what stuff you buy? I also fell into this trap, but I learned I did it to cope with emotional problems. Might not be the same case for you.
>>
Don't use credit and debit cards, use cash only. Put 10-50$ in your wallet and don't spend more in one day.
>>
>>18324242
Also, put % of the money you earn to a separate savings account. It is best to define an automatic transfer to that account, so you don't have to think about it.
>>
>>18324226
>>>tumblr
>>
>>18323914
>get to a point where you save up so much that you enjoy the feeling of having that much money and it seems a shame to spend it all on something.

This holy shit. I have almost 10k In my savings right now and I am just about to get out of college. I will keep saving so I can fulfill my dream of a trip around the world with my friends when I'm like 25 or something, 22 atm. Even then, I am not going to fully spend it all if I have the option too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.