[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was just hired, and they asked my race. I am white passing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (32KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 368x368px
I was just hired, and they asked my race. I am white passing, but half East Asian. I told them I was white. Is this wrong? I don't have contact with my East Asian family anymore. I'm incredibly pale. Could I get in trouble for this?
>>
>>18319005
Should've selected other probably. I don't think you'll get in trouble though
>>
>>18319005
you'll be fine, but you would benefit more from selecting Asian next time, especially on job applications.
>>
>>18319116
Maybe. I kind of like keeping it to myself though, as I dislike my EA family

>>18319107
It was verbal
>>
>>18319005

They really have no business asking your race, as your race is not pertinent to your ability to perform the duties of your position, nor do they have any legal justification for terminating you based on a "right" or "wrong" answer. If I were you I'd start documenting all this.

In all my years I've never heard of any employer inquiring as to what an employees race is in any official capacity. Sounds like some sketchy racist shit to me, bruh.
>>
>>18319147
Hmm that's a bizarre that they asked you verbally. Don't worry about it
>>
>>18319005
Assuming you're in America/Europe, nine times out of ten being half-EA will serve you better (diversity in the workplace is a big thing these days). I think it's wrong to lie about it if it's an act of self-delusion, and regardless of your family or how much you like them you simply are what you are and should accept that, but you can't get into trouble over it. That being said people might think you're weird.

Also for future reference in most places you hold the right to refuse to answer that question if you so wish. But again even though that's your right and there's nothing anyone can do to change that, people might think you're a bit weird for it.
>>
I'm half-white, half-Mexican, but on any application form or what-have-you I put Hispanic for the sake of "workplace diversity."
>>
>>18319005
Why would your ethnicity matter in getting a job? Why would you be worried about it?
>>
>>18319152
It was during the fingerprinting and such. I thought it was normal? Then again, this is my first job.
>>
File: 3DPD_008.png (56KB, 429x500px) Image search: [Google]
3DPD_008.png
56KB, 429x500px
>>18319005
Irrelevant but kawakami best grill
>>
File: image.png (120KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120KB, 512x512px
>>18319835
true
>>
>>18319807
It's a normal but voluntary part of employee data entry for equal opportunity reporting.
What are you doing that they are printing you?
>>
>>18319005

That sucks that you don't connect with your East Asian side. Btw, if you identify as a white person no one can tell you that you are not. So for them to give you a hard time about it, you could just say you identify as caucasian. That's perfectly fine as it is your identity.
>>
>>18319835
futaba is undeniable best girl
>>
>>18319005
Since they legally can't ask that for hiring purposes, they must have just needed it for some record-keeping. Some government contracts, for example, require proof that a quota of minorities and women are employed.

You might have helped them by giving them another minority to brag about, but you haven't hurt them and you certainly won't get in trouble.
>>
White is good. East asian is one of the few traits that is lower in the oppression olympics than whites.
>>
>>18320849
Oh okay
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.