[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, this is a tricky one, so grab some coffee. I'm in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Theolddays.jpg (84KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Theolddays.jpg
84KB, 630x420px
Ok, this is a tricky one, so grab some coffee.

I'm in a serious relationship with a much older woman. She has female daughters and two past men in her life. I've tried to be good to the daughters, but they all have been absolute shitheads in the past few years (including jail time, keep a nigger baby, and derelict behavior), which has really upset both their mother and me. I put my foot down and finally told them to straighten up. Turns out there's a long standing tradition in their family that the women (who all dislike each other) band together to fight off any male figure in the family. A defense mechanism, for getting their way, over the years. I've seen them do it to their father, their boyfriends (who they're constantly replacing), the law, etc etc.

So... their mom and me get into fight over the holidays. We finally get back together. Turns out everyone is planning a summer vacation. I'm not invited, neither are any men in the family, except for two new boyfriends. Mom's ok with this citing "family time".

Wanting to be the patriarch of my own family, and being overly fed up with this horse shit, it's all that's in me to love this woman and not go find a new young woman who wants to have my children. But I truly love the mom and am trying to see if I can make this work, but I'm beyond irritated about this "family time" coming up. The way I see it, she's both endorsing the bad behavior with a reward and sending a message to her children (and grandchildren) that it's ok to do whatever they want and just discard anyone that's punitive, because she's not going to stand with me. Bring the boy toys though, "family time".

She's acting like I'm being oversensitive about it. I've taken it to several close friends who I feel comfortable sharing this with, and they agree that it's a fucked up situation, and are encouraging me to leave her (which I don't want to do, but I feel crushed).

Thought I'd throw this out there to the www for possibly new angles.
>>
>>18316738
You tried to be something you aren't, which is their father. You're going to have a perennially hard time filling that patriarch role without actually having raised any children.

Now the daughters aren't comfortable with you, and your partner should be able to spend time alone with her children.

I'd consider whether that relationship has the potential to satisfy your long-term needs.
>>
>>18316738
This really isn't tricky.
Your friends are real friends and have your back here: you should ditch this woman.
Think about it this way - her daughters learned that behavior somewhere, do you really think it was from their father(s)?
You seem like a level headed guy who's looking for someone worthwhile to settle down with, so please don't waste your time on this woman.
>>
Do you see your relationship being just you and your woman anytime soon. Or is it just gonna be more of the same shit. How long you been together sounds like youve wasted your time. Also these woman dont respect men and band together to survive. If this woman really loved you she would fight to keep you. Time to move on see what happens if she even cares
>>
Thank you both for taking time to reply, I appreciate it.

>>18316763
I completely agree with you. And for what it's worth, you hit the nail on the head. However, I think there's a difference between spending time with them, and taking them on an all expense paid vacation for a week, without her partner. I don't want to see them, and they don't want to see me, I get that. I totally think mom should have exclusive time with them, it's just the method and message - "party and do whatever you like, because responsibility should be an afterthought, and we don't have to invite anyone along we don't like".

I also completely agree with you, this situation is completely not what I want. I want a large family, of my own. Now... on to the next reply, which will shed some light on that.

>>18316773
I love this woman, like "I found my soulmate", Emily Bronte Wuthering Heights kind of soul mate. Someone I will absolutely miss for the rest of my life. I've been in about a dozen serious relationships, and have had maybe 40 women in bed, so I'm not some high school kid who thinks his first is the only one for him. This makes things very difficulty, because we both feel this way about each other, and this is part of why this trip seems like such a betrayal to me. I would have a hard time replacing her.

But I want children, which she cant offer me. I'm in a terrible place.
>>
>>18316785

Yes, she spends relatively little time with the girls, although she spends a moderate amount of time with her grandkids, which puts me in constant contact with their mother (who I dislike the most).

We've been together five years, and we spend most of it alone with each other. She does truly love me, she not only says it all the time but I can see it in her eyes when she see's me. Her children hate men blatantly, her not so much, but their dislike is obviously a product of their mom leaving there weak father when they were young. Lots of latent psychology.

FWIW, she's fought to keep me around many times before, the girls have tried to get rid of me at least once a year, but she's literally told them "he's with me and you aren't, get over it, because he's staying". The recent drama over the holidays weakened our relationship and shifted things towards the girls.

If I left her right now, I know she'll come after me, she already has.
>>
>>18316797
>I love this woman, like "I found my soulmate", Emily Bronte Wuthering Heights kind of soul mate.

Cathy was likely a blood sucking vampire.

Unfortunately, her kids are a package deal, especially now that she has grandchildren. To be close to the grandkids, she's going to have to cut you out somewhat to keep her children happy and in regular contact.

I get that you love her, and you have some good times, but you're clearly unhappy with this person due to how she prioritizes people. As you both grow older, you will become less and less of a priority because faaaaamily.
>>
>>18316797
>I want a large family, of my own.
Do you mind if I ask why? Don't you think there are already enough people in the world, why do we need more?
>>
>>18316930
The dumbest people breed the most. From just the OP you can tell he's not the brightest bulb.
>>
>>18316930

Because I want to pass my genes along and experience growing, teaching, and mentoring my own blood. Simple as that. I don't believe in a god, so my idea of "why we're here" from a biological standpoint is to have children and "raise them right". Dying without having children is like.. losing, in my book. I can't settle for less.
>>
>>18316941

I assure you, this isn't the case for me. But you are correct, the more developed a nationality, the lower the birth rate. The third world is out-breeding us.
>>
>>18316948

Then you're with the wrong person.
>>
>>18316952
>I assure you, this isn't the case for me.
You're in love with a woman who's been pumped and dumped twice, and has raised daughters that have already made the same mistake she has. Clearly she has learnt nothing from her past experiences. And you're saying you want to breed with this woman? Please do the world a favour and both of you, get sterilised.
>>
>>18316948
but what if they have a shit life because of birth defects, become suicidally depressed because of mental illness, or die from an illness while still a child? And don't say it wont happen because it can and does.

I couldn't ever have kids after all the miserable people I've met in my life, its not fair. No one ever asked to be born, and once you're here you can't just take your own life because that would cause more people to suffer.

I'm really surprised though that someone who doesn't believe in god would place so much stock in passing on his genes. Like what does it matter?
>>
lmao
>>
>female daughters

just thank god she hasn't got male daughters. ffs numales and their ingratitude.
>>
>>18316738
For some reason I think you deserve it... Karma is a bitch
>>
>>18316738
She's saying you're not part of the family when she claimed it's "family time"
Cut and run.
>>
>>18316738
How co-dependent are you?

She should be able to go on a vacation without you.

Also her daughters are adults. What they do is their business. It's not up to you to judge or try to punish them.

They have already been raised and they are NOT your children. Back off.
>>
>>18318056
He's not. He's her family sure but that doesn't mean he's their family. That's not how it works.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.