[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could I make my room look better/less-childish? >Potato

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 20170514_210143.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170514_210143.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
How could I make my room look better/less-childish?
>Potato quality
I'm 20 next week if that helps
>>
>>18316463
re-arrange some things, less emphasis on the figures maybe, but I do approve of the skyrim poster.
>>
>>18316469
Where would you recommend the rearranging?
>>
>>18316476
Maybe try moving youre "battle station" to a corner in the room
>>
>>18316476
Also, although I can't see the entirety of the poster in the top right, it looks gay as shit and probably adds a more "childish" feel to the room
>>
>>18316463
Throw away the video games.

No one over the age of 18 plays those.
>>
>>18316489
No no no nigger, don't throw away the video games.
>>
>>18316493
Actually that other anon has a point.
If you're going to play pleb consoles it shouldn't be the focus of the room.
OP should center something else and push the gaming into a corner.
>>
>>18316508
Maybe get a entrainment center for TV and consoles and push the shelf to a corner ?
>>
get rid of everything game related, put some house plants, and get some wall decor like modern paintings, put the tv on the side

I'd help you more if you draw a floor plan of your room with ms paint.
>>
>>18316463
>master sword on the wall
there's no hope for you
>>
File: room.jpg (91KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
room.jpg
91KB, 1600x1200px
>>18316518
>>
>>18316489
>he fell for the no vidya after 18 meme
>threw away fun for a meme in the process
>>
Less toys
> but muh muh toys define who i am as a person
Grow up
>>
OP I understand what you want to do but I want you to reflect on yourself for a minute. Your room is a reflection of your personality, interests, and style. While most people have a more minimalist, and clean room without video games and such, if you think you room represents you then fuck it. Unless you are trying to change because you think it will be better live life however will make you the most happy, and understand your audience. What kind of girls do you want to bring home? Are you looking for hookups, or someone with similar interest? You can make your room look more "adult" or minimalist, or mature, or whatever but think about who you are, who you want to be, and what kind of style you really like, because at the end of the day you want to live life to the fullest, and whatever makes you the happiest.
>>
>>18316963
I think I'd be happier with a more clean and "mature" room. Hell, maybe having an adult room mature me
>>
>>18316489
Nah don't throw them away just store them in a drawer or a bin where they're out of sight.
>>
those figures and posters need to go
>>
>>18316463
Does the vydia stuff need to be on display?
I've always liked bookshelves with doors more than without, the one the tv is on top of could be like pic related but taller and with opaque doors.
But that is just my opinion, the idea of having stuff on display doesn't feel right, a home is not a store or a museum, stuff like that just clutters the living space as well as the visual space.
But yeah, the vydia hobby looks inherently childish, making it look more adult will just make it more cringy 2bh, the memorabilia is usually just plastic crap, you can put it on cool shelves, display cases but it will always look pretty bad from an aesthetic standpoint.
>>
>>18316463
You can keep those games+consoles but ask yourself what you're really doing with all those toys and the LoZ sword on the wall and the posters
>>
Repaint maybe. That yellow wall looks childish in itself, especially with all the toys. I'd go for a dark/Royal blue.
>>
>>18316463
Being 18 or older to use this site and living on your own would make you look less childish
>>
Get a better chair, some lights and a better rug
>>
>>18318100
How do you get the time to reply on every thread this? You must be very lonely
>>
>>18318105
Break time.
>>
>>18318108
I am glad that you decided to take a break from posting that on every thread you have been here for a couple hours now.
>>
>>18318110
Believe it or not there are multiple people here that think you're under aged based on your situations and photos. If you were 18 or older and living on your own you'd understand
>>
toss out the funko, they're bringing you down and look like children's toys. they're garbage anyway, so might as well put them where they belong,
>>
>>18318111
Anon you know what they say about assumptions? When you make assumptions you make an ass out of you and me. I am not op I am just an Anon. You understand if you were +18 enjoy your summer break it will not last long by shit posting on 4chan
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3349x2712px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3349x2712px
>>18318118
>you being underage
>being this offended about someone calling you out about being underaged
>not shitposting the chins from work
Wew lad
>>
>>18318100
I make $8hr not enough to move out
>>
>>18318103
What kind of lights?
>>
>>18316463
>get rid of toys. (Yes, consoles are toys too)
>get rid of posters and that sword? on the wall
>move that fucking chair from the middle
>clean up a bit (towel on the other chair)
>get a shelf with some motherfucking books
>>
>>18318176
Where should I move the chair to?
>>
Dont hurry to grow up, its shit being adult
>>
>>18318186
Maybe next to your bed. What's the point of the table to the right on the pic?
>>
>carpet must go
>Posters, figures, sword and games look childish, store it anywhere unseen
>rearrange furniture

done
>>
>>18318198
Rearranging recommendations? I have a floorplan in the thread
>>
>>18316463

Well you're pretty neat so that's a good start. I would get rid of this ugly floor mat rug thing along with the ugly chair on top of it. Agreed with others, you should box the figurines and sword. Console can stay. Posters need to be taken down unfortunately. Move that gross towel you have hanging there.
>>
>>18318198

this, pretty much
>>
>>18318194
It's just kinda there
>>
>>18318157
I am sorry that you have to work in a warehouse over summer break try not to take it out on 4chan kiddo
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.