[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I deal with the exponential speeding up of the passage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nz0jjkwtfS1ro7rpno1_500.jpg (45KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz0jjkwtfS1ro7rpno1_500.jpg
45KB, 500x333px
how do I deal with the exponential speeding up of the passage of time?

every second seems to go twice as fast as the last. Jesus, childhood seemed to last so LONG. Now 2017 is going by in a literal flash and I know this is only going to speed up. I'm only 18, why is this happening? I'll be 32 before I know it. How do I deal with this?
>>
File: wikihow.png (247KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
wikihow.png
247KB, 500x411px
32 year old here. Fuck, you were right.
>>
>>18315747
try to set some goals and work towards them?

try doing more in a day. trust me, when you have 3-4 interesting activities a day, time gets reaaaaly slow and you feel more satisfied with your life.
>>
Your perception of time changes as you get older due to your frame of reference changing and there's not really anything you can do about it. The gradual effect does lessen as you get older, though.

When you're 10 years old a year is 10% of your experienced life.
When you're 20 years old a year is 5% of your experienced life.
When you're 50 years old a year is 2% of your experienced life.

>>18315819 is partially correct. Having a lot of different experiences won't necessarily make the time "feel" as long as did when you were a kid, but it will help avoid the blur of "where did the last 5 years of my life go?" that happens if you do the same thing every single day.
>>
>>18315747
why do I keep coming here? This place makes me fucking depressed. I wish I could be 20 forever.
>>
>>18315747
>how do I deal with the exponential speeding up of the passage of time?

start timing and tracking where you actually spend your time, this should show you potential time sinks and maybe do appropriate measures to get more shit done during the day.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Drank a peach tea Snapple the other day, the 'real fact' was if you have a penny and double the amount you have everyday for 30 days, at the end you would over $5,000,000. That shit took me for a loop, plugged it in to calculator, it checks out. Exponential growth is a bitch
>>
Is there anyone who notices time getting slower as they get older?
>>
it's because you do the same things too much, so your brain doesn't keep them in your memory, so you remember fewer moments, which feels like less time has passed.

do as much different stuff as possible, meditate, take a few pictures every day and keep a journal. every once in a while look back on the things you've been doing.
>>
File: skelly.jpg (57KB, 432x649px) Image search: [Google]
skelly.jpg
57KB, 432x649px
I feel the exact same thing. I'm 21 and the weeks seem to go by just like that, and it's only accelerating. We can speculate as to why this is, maybe just because we're busier. But I will say one thing that other people probably won't tell you;

IT'S A GOOD THING

I don't know about you, but life fucking sucks, and I want to get it over with as soon as possible. I don't have the balls to speed things along, but at least it seems to be going by faster and faster. I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
I think we perceive time slower as kids, and faster as adults.

I can't even do the things I want to anymore as an adult, I keep doing this so slow and time just flies by it's sad.
>>
it's really easy to stop it
when you hate every waking moment and have no desire to live it, time goes by painfully slow
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.