[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf is currently doing an internship abroad so we are separated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: long.jpg (66KB, 774x386px) Image search: [Google]
long.jpg
66KB, 774x386px
My gf is currently doing an internship abroad so we are separated for 5 months. Were currently halfway through the time, and we have been messaging a lot. Lately, she didn't seen so eager to talk anymore so I asked her about it, and it resulated in a 6 hour conversation about our norms and values and how hers have changed (gone back to how they were in the past). She said she was afraid we might just not be a match anymore, and said she wasn't sure anymore if she wanted to live with me after the internship (we had planned to start living together after the internship). I;m planning on going to her after the internship for holiday, and she said that she will determine how our relationship is afterwards, since we've then been together in person again.

I don't know what to do. I really love her and I don't want to fuck it up. I just have a feeling that she will end it, but that may just be because I'm looking at this with a pessimistic viewpoint. We still have a little over 2 months before I'm going there. What should I do?
>>
>>18315568
OP she tried to end it and you attempted to talk her out of it for 6 hours and unsuccessful. Its over.
>>
>>18315574
If she did, she wasn't very clear about it. I asked her if she was breaking up with me and she said no, but she was starting to have doubts, but hopes those can go away when I come over.
>>
>>18315568
I'm in your shoes, bro. My girlfriend is studying abroad for 5 months and just last week decided we should take a break from our relationship. Her reasoning was that she felt no less love for me (we've been friends for 5 years, dating 2), but less romantic feelings for me. She says she'll see if she changes her mind between now and when we see each other in August, but I don't count on that happening.
I wish I was going to see her while she's abroad like you are, but I really don't want to spend 1200 bucks just to get dumped.
If you think there's hope for you two, and if you get something out of taking a trip to see her, go for it. If not, I'd say just save your money.
Fuck I hate being in this position.
>>
>>18315590
She's trying to let you down easy OP but you aren't taking the hint. 6 hours later and you are still dumped but don't accept it yet. She has emotionally check out of the relationship already.
>>
>>18315609
you spend the 2 grand if you don't want to get dumped. I know a girl who's doing an internship like this. She told me she was having doubts about her long distance relationship and how she didn't know what she wanted to do with her life after the internship was over. But then her boyfriend traveled across the ocean to visit her for a week, rented a fancy car and took her on a road trip. Now she can't wait to go back and she talks about how much she misses him now.
>>
>>18315568
What values did you disagree on? If it's stuff that is central to her beliefs then someone will prob have to give unless you both can handle having different views.
>>
>>18315609
Wow, we're in very identical situations. Where'd she go to? She feels less romantic feeling but it makes sense seeing you haven't well, seen each other in a while. Maybe it can return if you see each other again?
I will definately go, even if she'll break up at least I get to see the country. It's something I guess.
>>18315621
I'm afraid of it too. What should I say to her?
>>18315636
Might be a good thing to try, a surprise visit. Is it worth it for a 2 month wait before I go (again)?
>>
>>18315609
While you're taking time away I suggest looking at other options. Don't waste time with meaningless hookups look for real options. Show her that you are a catch and she would be lucky to have you.
>>
File: eyes.jpg (292KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
292KB, 1080x1080px
>>18315636
This actually happened to a friend of mine. His gf was doing a study-abroad program in Germany about a year ago, and he told me that after about a month without physical contact (but a lot of messaging/video chats) she felt the same was as OP's gf. Mind you, they had been together for nearly three years at this point. She actually had the balls to tell him that she was falling for this guy at the university she was at, and that she wanted to leave my buddy and have sex with this new guy, who she apparently just found more relatable at the time.

In a panic, my friend ended up booking a trip to Germany for a week. They fucked, did touristy things, and ended up resolving the entire thing.

He was relieved that everything worked out back then, and they're actually planning on moving in together soon, but hearing that story left me horrified. I can't believe he's interested in a woman who would leave him after a MONTH without sex. I get that it's important, but that's completely fucked up to me.

Shallow side-note: this was ESPECIALLY troubling, because this woman looks like fucking shrek.
>>
>>18315691
Similar but I showed up unannounced and she was living with a guy and would not let me in. Hell she didn't even tell the guy who I really was.
>>
>>18315636
You may be right, I'll consider it, but she had told me prior to breakup that she didn't miss home and didn't want me to visit because I'd throw her off her groove. She's pretty busy going to school in Germany for a semester.
>>18315645 she said that she had just started developing these feelings before she left, but wanted to see if they changed. While she was away, she felt she couldn't let me give her gifts and letters if she wasn't reciprocating romantic feelings the same way her girls are missing their boyfriends.
>>18315653
Yeah, I'm trying to work on myself while she's away (learning to swing dance and exercise). I didn't give her a chance to miss me with all that I was messaging her. I've got a few girls I could ask out, but I feel that it wouldn't be right of me to do considering I'd drop them if my girlfriend changed her mind.
>>
OP here, just looked at some plane tickets to go visit her for a weekend or a little longer, but it's always higher than €1000. Is it worth it? Or will I just be paying a lot of cash to be dumped?
>>
>>18315740
It's your call. In my case, my backup plan would be to tour Europe on bicycle if she says she's not interested.
>>
>>18315749
Jetlag is a bitch and I can't get a lot of free time for work so I'll be there for 3 days max, but she is worth it. I'm gonna sleep on it just to be sure I won't go there just to get rejected.
>>
Hey I was in the exact same situation. I broke up with my gf and when she came back she begged me to get back together, but i had already move on.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.