[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've liked a boy for years that I've never spoken to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: SfsjUR1.jpg (55KB, 409x475px) Image search: [Google]
SfsjUR1.jpg
55KB, 409x475px
I've liked a boy for years that I've never spoken to in person. This is obviously dumb and I thought I was just idealizing him but when I spoke to him online, I ended up liking him more.

To further complicate matters, I'm generally asexual (never having experienced sexual attraction) but I think I may have experienced fleeting sexual attraction for him.

What do?
>>
You haven't given us anything to go on.

What do you want to do? Either tell him how you feel and see what happens or stew in these feelings forever with no resolution. Or cut contact because your are too afraid to ask him how he feels in the hopes that your feelings slowly fade.
>>
>>18314531
how old is this boy, OP
>>
>>18314547
I want to stop liking him. He lives cross country. I've already stopped talking to him.
>>
>>18314558
I do not wanna say. But a year older than me. We're both adults if that's what you are asking.
>>
>>18314547
We haven't spoken all that much and my interest has bordered on obsession in the past.

I was just hoping someone had advice on liking someone less or moving on quicker.
>>
>>18314631
remove everything that reminds you of him
>>
I've been there. Stop talking to him and with some time the crush will disappear. You'll realize how much you're idealizing him soon enough.
>>
>>18314736
It has literally been years. 'Soon enough' isn't soon enough.
>>
>>18314547
Also I can't 'confess' to someone I hardly know. This isn't an anime. How could that possibly turn out well for me?
>>
>>18314777
Also considering my aceness, I'd like;y have nothing to offer a potential partner.

Maybe I'm just venting, I don't think there is any real advice aside from the obvious.
>>
>>18314699
Thanks.
>>
>>18314802
confessing can give you closure.
>>
>>18314844
Maybe. I've just already said enough cringey and dramatic shit to him. I don't want him to think little of me.
>>
>>18314857
well that will probably make him realize why you're acting like this.
I think getting closure is a good thing, that way you won't hurt over "maybe it could have happened" later
>>
>>18315149
Lol that seems to be the common advice but I don't think that makes any sense for my situation. We were never close, we've only spoken a few times. I don't think he thinks of me at all.

I'd rather he forget me than think of me as that random chick who said she 'had feelings' for him when we've never spoken in person.

Being forgotten isn't so bad but I like him too much for him to see me that way.
>>
>asexual
Consider dating obese men. Their diet and weight makes them into eunuchs. Don't feign sexual interest in a real man and then drag him through your misery.
>>
>>18315159
Lol I may not want to fuck my partner but I'm not going to date someone I find unattractive.

I wouldn't lie about sexual interest.
>>
>>18314531
I know this will sound super stupid for you, but
>ask him on date

>>18315165
Also good luck with dating dude when you will be star fish in bed.
>>
>>18315165
>I'm broken as a person but I still have, like, standards, ya know?
Why?
>>
>>18315182
We're all broken.

Not saying it is right but I tend not to respect unattractive people. Not even as friends. I definitely couldn't date them. Imagining someone like that in bed with me is just gross.

I know some people are afraid of being alone so they will lower their standards but I am rarely lonely and I rarely like people so I'd rather be alone than debase myself with someone unappealing.

I'm not desperate, you know?
>>
>>18315178
He lives across the country.

If I had ever experienced sexual attraction, it was towards him but yeah I'm sure it's a long shot.
>>
Ask him out.

You may be asexual, demisexual, or something else entirely. Even so, it doesn't matter. The label should fit -you-. You shouldn't have to change yourself or what you do to fit the label. Things change, and whatever happens happens.

Ask him out. See how it goes. I can't guarantee that it'll work out. But I can guarantee that if you don't ask him out, you will always regret it and wonder what could have been if you'd only worked up the nerve.
>>
>>18315200
Y'all he's all the way up North and I'm in the South. I can't emphasize that enough. He's like a 16 hour drive away.

It's obviously not gonna happen.
>>
>>18315193
>across the country
And they say the love will move mountains.

What about trip OP? I am certain that love of your life is wort few days in hotel and tickets. Who knows, maybe you will be lucky. Take a hooliday and off you go!

It is worth a shot.
>>
>>18315211
Hah. This isn't love. This is someone with a creepy obsession who won't move on.

Nah, no trip. I'm crazy but I'm at least sane enough to know I'm crazy.
>>
>>18315208
It definitely could. Long distance relationships aren't easy, but they're easier than they've ever been with cell phones and skype and voice/video chat.

I can think of three close friends who had long-distance relationships that worked. They visited each other, communicated frequently, and eventually worked to move in together. There are more that I know of who have made it work. It's not outside of the realm of possibility.

Honestly it sounds like you've just already decided it won't work for this or that reason. You're shooting down suggestions, you've stopped talking to him. You're not even giving it a chance. You're sabotaging yourself before you've even begun.

Not giving it a chance guarantees that it will never work. It's scary, but give it a shot. If it work out, you will be glad you did. If it doesn't, then you know for sure and you can take comfort in the fact that at least you tried.
>>
>>18315217
Seems like you made up your mind before making this thread. Sorry for wasting your time and (You)s.
>>
>>18315218
There's nothing to sabotage. We don't know each other. We've had like two conversations.

It can't work because there's nothing here. This is honestly absurd. I am behaving like a crazy person and you all are supporting it.

You all are ridiculous.
>>
>>18315226
I was just asking advice on how to move on from a ridiculous affection for someone I don't even know.

Entertaining the idea further will only make me more obsessive.
>>
>>18315229
Then have some more conversations instead of just shutting him out
>>
>>18315243
I don't even know if he wants to talk to me anymore.

I was kinda cold the last time we spoke.

Fuck I hate 'feelings'.
>>
>>18315252
Do you know if it was cold because he was uncomfortable or cold because he was busy or otherwise preoccupied?
>>
>>18315243
Actually I'm not sure he ever wanted to talk to me. And I was kind of a bummer.

No I'm just gonna try to move on. This is dumb. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>18315257
Oh no, he was always really nice to me, surprisingly so. I mean I was kinda cold.
>>
>>18315258
>>18315262
You're self-sabotaging, seriously. If he was nice, then keep talking to him.
>>
maybe consider using your words to communicate your thoughts and feelings honestly like a damn human being, OP
or just cut them out of your life without explanation and wallow in your own self-sabotaging misery until you pass from brain aids
cheers
>>
>>18315268
But it was months ago! And I'm embarrassed.

I don't know if I can. Whatever, I'll think about it.
>>
>>18315271
Lol I'm not gonna tell a near stranger that I was basically obsessed with them and that I'm still crushing after a few damn conversations.

It's not self-sabotage if there was never a chance of it working out.
>>
>>18315282
Do you know what boys do when they see some girl they are attracted to? Ask her on date.

Why do you think that the idea of asking this person on date is so crazy? In the worst case he will tell you he already has gf or isnt interested.

Or is your master plan to die alone?
>>
>>18315289
He's across the country now. It doesn't really make sense.

And yeah, probably.
>>
>>18315268
Fuck, I am aren't I?

Alright.

Thanks for your advice.
>>
>>18315314
Best of luck, OP
>>
>>18315348
It may be too late to fix this but thanks.
>>
>>18315386
Always worth a shot
>>
>>18315426
Seriously was not expecting so much positivity from this board. It's disorienting.

Any advice on what to say?
>>
File: 1462333300139.png (23KB, 500x480px)
1462333300139.png
23KB, 500x480px
>>18315563
Say MY GOD!! I'm high as balls right now holy shitty TTY!!! I'm super duper de pooper high!! And you are a Sexually submissive person, so lie back and let's ROCK AND ROLL
>>
>>18315577
There's a difference between submissive and asexual or not desiring sex. Ask many, many disappointed men with 'submissive' partners.

They're not the same thing.
>>
A sexuality isn't a real thing.

You're denying your bodies biological wants/needs. Why not just talk to him and ask him out. Whats the worst thing that could happen? He says no?
>>
>>18315639
I've already gotten similar advice from others in the thread.

But yes asexuality is real. It's experiencing little to no sexual attraction. Some people are sexually attracted to men, some to women, some to no one.

The same way a straight man will be horny and not want to fuck a dude. An asexual will be horny and not want to fuck anyone.

It has nothing to do with libido of which I have plenty and engage with often, thanks.
>>
>>18315657
No. You're just so far into tumblr and to far gone. You literally said you experienced sexual attraction in your op. Humans aren't wired the way you describe, or the way any asexual person describes it.

But whatever you can live a life in denial.
>>
>>18315696
I said I might've experienced sexual attraction. But please tell me more about how all 7 billion humans feel.

Gosh doesn't an expert on human nature have something else to do aside from sitting around on 4chan? Maybe you should publish your paper that disagrees with all current psychological and sociological research on asexuality.

Grace us with your oh so superior knowledge about how your experiences are universal. Tell us how sexuality and the experiences thereof are invariable and static for all human beings.

Come on baby tell us what you have to say. We're all waiting with baited breath. Enlighten us.
>>
>>18315711
You must be
A pleasure
To fuck
>>
>>18315726
Aw, thanks dummy.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.