[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive been having a career crisis and dont really know where to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: C-LehItUAAEFGgq.jpg (15KB, 700x214px) Image search: [Google]
C-LehItUAAEFGgq.jpg
15KB, 700x214px
Ive been having a career crisis and dont really know where to turn, hopefully one of you can help me out. Im 23 and after i graduated highschool i just started working instead of post secondary. I have experience as a general labourer, as a cook, and am currently making 18$ an hour as a housekeeper. I am having serious anxiety about not having a real career where i make good money. Ive been looking into getting into a trade such as welding or electrician. Perhaps corrections as it pays well even though work life is awful.

Pretty much just looking for advice from any and everyone.
>>
18 an hour as a house keeper? Lmao.. Dude i make 11 an hour to remodel houses..i LOVE the days i get payed to clean.. But anyway.. Start your own business. Thats my plan..the way i figure, 4 yrs in college, or 4 years in a trade.. But the trade needs startup money. Trust me, good work is hard to find
>>
>>18313703
You're...well, you're not really in all that bad of a position. 18 a hour for housekeeping sounds actually pretty comfy. Listen to a podcast, audiobook, or some chill music while working in probably a mid-high class house. Is it that bad?
>>
>>18313718
I would love to go to uni for criminology and be a police officer or go for registered nursing. But as im already 23 to me its a bad move to start my career when im thirty, financially. A trade is 2 years of school max, and apprenticeships pay well. Also 18 an hour isnt great here in ontario.
>>
>>18313723
Its not bad by any means next year ill get my last raise as were unionized and ill be at 20 an hour. But then im still only making 40k a year before taxes. Pretty hard to afford a house anytime soon here on that in our fucked up canadian housing market rn.
>>
>>18313724
Ok.. Granted, an hourly wage depends on the area.. Im in texas, and you can get a house for 130k..but you gotta remember, somebody is making money off your work.. So your own business pays better.. But you also have to do more work, stuff your not doing now.. Im 27, and just getting my life together.. I will do a night class a semster soon.. And age is nothing in college.. Ive been before, and people in their 30s and 40s, evem 50s and 60s is not uncommon.. You would fit right in..
>>
>>18313724
Just remember, you have to support yourself thru college.. If college is your dream, keep the job and start night classes.. For me, its a backup plan, and own business is higher priority
>>
>>18313724
Ever thought about going to firefighter school
>2.5 years of school
> starting pay at 32k with full benefits
> One day on 3 days off
> Save lives on a weekly basis
> consistent raises

not a bad gig
>>
>>18313746
The college part would be fine. Itd just be getting a whole new job at 30. And yeah 3 bedroom houses in ontario are averaging 400k. Its mental

>>18313757
I havent! Ill read into it. Ive thought as volunteer firefighter as a side gig though.

>>18313753
Yeah thats the hard part. I already work 60 hour weeks and i have no time to do anything.
>>
Bump for career guidance
>>
Trade most likely your best bet
>>
>>18313724
I recommend registered nursing, currently got 1 year left and thanks to the practices i have several oppurtunities already lined up for when i graduate.

Really varied and interesting work to boot, challenging in a good way and can also set you on the path of self-improvement and introspection.

And regarding your age, i was 23 when i started this education, it's never too late.
This field also nets you a benefit for being newly educated due to how fresh nurses often are prioritized in hiring.

This is coming from a Norwegians perspective mind you.
>>
>>18313775
Jesus chrsit! 400k!! But thats also why you get a higher wage, i guess.. And i also work around 60 a week..7:30-7, 6 days a week.. Plus chores on sunday.. But they have late classes here.. I wanna say the latest one is 8pm or so.. But it also only 2 days a week. So say 8-9:30 2 days a week, plus homework.. Its doable, but not easy.. Its sitting down anyway. And in the later classes, its more people like us. Just off work, and usually still in work cloths. If you can do one class a semseter, you at least get your foot in the door.. And a career change at 30 is not unheard of. Its good in a way, some people hate people that went to college after high school, then get a nice job. Because they have no work experience, and have no idea what they are doing.. I work for a lot of well paid engineers, that cant do anything on their house. So when i become an engineer, i have an advantage over a lot of them.. You should start college asap, but start small.. You can always just stop showing up if you dont like.. Its not high school, you get some freedom.. At least talk to a counselor there. Clases start here aug 27, so now is the time to start for me.. I think yall are earlier up there, but you still have time..
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.